Hello from Charlotte!

InvasiveSpecies

Reaction score
Finally put my deposit down for an Emira on 4/9 with Lotus of Charlotte. Was told they are looking 18-24 months before taking my actual order and up to an additional 8 months for delivery after the order. Not stressing to get this car quickly so fine with the wait. Danny at LoC has been great to work with, and it is always fun checking out the Lamborghinis there as they are also Lamborghini Charlotte. Just happy we got a dealer local, I was dreading having to driving to Winston Salem or Atlanta to buy this car.

This will be my first Lotus, and my first time ordering a car. Not set on a spec yet, besides it being a V6 w/ MT. Been cross shopping between a 718 Boxster GTS 4.0/Spyder with MT, the potential Supra with MT, or a used M4 convertible with a MT.

Any other Charlotte (or Charlotte area) peoples out there?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for reserving an Emira!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the official Emira Waiting Club! 🍻

cars4fun

Reaction score
Finally put my deposit down for an Emira on 4/9 with Lotus of Charlotte. Was told they are looking 18-24 months before taking my actual order and up to an additional 8 months for delivery after the order. Not stressing to get this car quickly so fine with the wait. Danny at LoC has been great to work with, and it is always fun checking out the Lamborghinis there as they are also Lamborghini Charlotte. Just happy we got a dealer local, I was dreading having to driving to Winston Salem or Atlanta to buy this car.

This will be my first Lotus, and my first time ordering a car. Not set on a spec yet, besides it being a V6 w/ MT. Been cross shopping between a 718 Boxster GTS 4.0/Spyder with MT, the potential Supra with MT, or a used M4 convertible with a MT.

From Charlotte with a similar story. Put my deposit down with Daniel around the same time-he told me I was #40. I was late to the party because I had a custom PTS 992 go down on the Felicity Ace. Porsche did nothing for me so if I have to wait 14 months I might as well wait for something new. I

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Welcome! I am over in Raleigh, but also have my deposit in with Danny in Charlotte. I'm #20 and hoping to be able to get a Base V6/MT order in sometime over the summer. I am patiently awaiting my turn, but the excitement and anticipation is killing me! I too am a first-time Lotus owner and this is a big deal for me. I agree Danny has been great to work with - very down to earth and no BS. I haven't made it over that way to meet him in person, but hope to at some point soon.

G

Guest142

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Located in Charlotte as well. My order is currently in production, amoung the first group of Emiras to arrive in the U.S. Expecting delivery sometime before or around Nov. Welcome to the forum.

Pete0806

Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Located in Charlotte as well. My order is currently in production, amoung the first group of Emiras to arrive in the U.S. Expecting delivery sometime before or around Nov. Welcome to the forum.
Hey Israel_7! I am in the Winston Salem area and put my deposit down with Winston Salem Lotus dealer back on July 13th 2021. I haven't heard anything about my spec car being currently in production. Did they contact you again for an aditonal deposit to go into production. Little worried about my dealer as they are obvioulsy not as big as Charlotte. Any feedback is apprceiated, thanks!!

G

Guest142

Hey Israel_7! I am in the Winston Salem area and put my deposit down with Winston Salem Lotus dealer back on July 13th 2021. I haven't heard anything about my spec car being currently in production. Did they contact you again for an aditonal deposit to go into production. Little worried about my dealer as they are obvioulsy not as big as Charlotte. Any feedback is apprceiated, thanks!!
Hi Pete,

My initial deposit was on July 6th. The dealer I am working with is @GatorMotorsport

As far as the deposit goes my dealer didn't need to contact me again for that because the amount of my initial deposit greater than required. I was contacted at allocation confirmation/customer validation and again at order entry deadline/ specification code submission. Once my code was processed accepted/locked in I was also notified as well.

I know it's a long process but I'd say have fun with it. I believe it will be more than worth it. Trust the process and try to be as patient as you can. It's a fun & unique experience.