Hello from Herts

DaveR

Reaction score
Firstly - thankyou for a very informative forum.

Secondly - the stats - ordered 8.00 am 10th July - delivery confirmed August

Thirdly - what did i order? Easy decision - V6 manual, touring, DV, NO black pack, black alcantara seats red stitching to match the red calipers - and yes I've seen the christmas references

Fourthly - now being "locked in" and if I want to keep the delivery date, I am now looking at the various renders on the forum (thanks guys) and the configurator and now thinking, have made the right choice? 4-6 months ago this wasn't a problem, DV was obvious but then looking again today all colours look good. I'm glad I didn't have 13 to choose from!!

Been a lotus fan for years. As a kid never thought I would own one but managed to get a S1 Elise in 2000 but then changed that to a S2 111R in 2004 which i still have. Not sure if i can let that go but can't wait for the Emira.

Looking forward to hopefuly meeting some of you lucky June/July deliveries where I may realise my mistake. So if there is some bloke looking a bit depressed looking round any non DV Emira, then that might be me, or on the other hand I may be some smiley bloke looking at a DV Emira.

My heart goes out to those customers still wondering what/why/when

Thaks again for all the input on the forum

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Thirdly - what did i order? Easy decision - V6 manual, touring, DV, NO black pack, black alcantara seats red stitching to match the red calipers - and yes I've seen the christmas references

Fourthly - now being "locked in" and if I want to keep the delivery date, I am now looking at the various renders on the forum (thanks guys) and the configurator and now thinking, have made the right choice? 4-6 months ago this wasn't a problem, DV was obvious but then looking again today all colours look good. I'm glad I didn't have 13 to choose from!!

Been a lotus fan for years. As a kid never thought I would own one but managed to get a S1 Elise in 2000 but then changed that to a S2 111R in 2004 which i still have. Not sure if i can let that go but can't wait for the Emira.

Looking forward to hopefuly meeting some of you lucky June/July deliveries where I may realise my mistake. So if there is some bloke looking a bit depressed looking round any non DV Emira, then that might be me, or on the other hand I may be some smiley bloke looking at a DV Emira.

Welcome to the forum, and I think you've made a fine choice. I'm getting a DV too; almost the same as yours, except a tan leather interior, yellow calipers and silver wheels. It's going to look stunning!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum Dave. That's a nice choice of spec and I think we all keep looking at alternatives wondering if we should have switched!

Exige2000

Reaction score

Welcome , great to hear from some local to soon to be Emira owners , I live on the Essex herts border so hope we can meet up some time .
At least this long wait is giving everyone chance to connect and perhaps enjoy our cars together .
I ordered 7th July , been told July delivery for me so just can not wait !!!
I have been measuring my garage to today with the dimensions in hand and have marked out the space required , what else do you do when your waiting ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have been measuring my garage to today with the dimensions in hand and have marked out the space required , what else do you do when your waiting ?

Lotus have provided a handy template for this that you can print out full size and stick to the floor while you wait for your car to arrive ;)

Aerial-view-of-the-Lotus-Emira-in-blue-1-1024x603.jpg

OP
D

DaveR

Reaction score
Welcome , great to hear from some local to soon to be Emira owners , I live on the Essex herts border so hope we can meet up some time .
At least this long wait is giving everyone chance to connect and perhaps enjoy our cars together .
I ordered 7th July , been told July delivery for me so just can not wait !!!
That could be a new thread…. What else do you do when waiting for an emira???? But needs to be clean!!! I fitted an alarm in my garage today. Rough area …. Not really.

On essex borders so close by. What was your spec @Exige2000

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Hi Dave, I'm in Herts and should be taking delivery of a DV Emira in July.

Exige2000

Reaction score
That could be a new thread…. What else do you do when waiting for an emira???? But needs to be clean!!! I fitted an alarm in my garage today. Rough area …. Not really.

On essex borders so close by. What was your spec @Exige2000
I have specked NG , blk pack , Show car wheels, Silver callipers , blk Alcantara with yellow sticking .
I changed callipers recently and I moved from June to July delivery !

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Welcome! Like you, I've had a few spec wobbles (who hasn't?!) but yours will look ace. I've toyed with with Nimbus and Seneca but am set on DV, even as it got darker and darker! In fact I now love how dark it is, with the green highlights popping in the sunshine.The fact the green has got darker makes both of your red-based options (calipers and stitching even better choices.

I nearly went with red calipers too but stuck with yellow, maybe just as a change from my 994 4S "big reds".

I think my spec is identical to that of @Eagle7 - but our steering wheels will be on opposite sides!

Have you thought about a custom plate?

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and I think you've made a fine choice. I'm getting a DV too; almost the same as yours, except a tan leather interior, yellow calipers and silver wheels. It's going to look stunning!
Getting the same as you except black wheels and lower black pack.