Goodwood Festival of Speed 23-26 June

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has posted this but I’ve just had a very kind call from Lotus HQ
Offering me tickets to Goodwood on the Thursday, how very kind :)

I guess that means my Emira is one of the delayed lol

The very kind lady only made mention to my Electra tho., on mentioning my Emira she said we would all be called in the next 1 to 2 weeks to be told if your vehicle is effected.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has posted this but I’ve just had a very kind call from Lotus HQ

The very kind lady only made mention to my Electra tho., on mentioning my Emira she said we would all be called in the next 1 to 2 weeks to be told if your vehicle is effected.
Oh is Electra behind as well?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
not that I’m aware I think what they were saying was the Eletre was there for viewing.

Still nice to offer a ticket shame I have other commitments this year.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, they've got multiple Emiras, Evijas, Eletres and an Emira GT4 at Goodwood for viewing (Lotus stand, Electric Avenue and paddocks). Some will be going up the hill.

The info about calls in the next 1-2 weeks is useful and confirms what I and others have been told.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Had the same call. It was only open up for electra deposit holders.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Arrangements for meeting at Goodwood as follows.

PDF of the event map is here.

Meet at 11am just to the north east of the Lotus stand, the side facing the First Glance Paddock:

GFOS 2022 meeting point.JPG

The plan is to head over to the cricket pitch catering to get a coffee, beer etc and have a chat.

I've set up a WhatsApp group for each day. You can add yourself using the relevant link:
  • Thu:
  • Fri:
  • Sat:
  • Sun:
I'm hosting on Thu and Sun and will be wearing a Shadow Grey baseball cap with "Lotus 70" in silver stitching.

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gav’s driving the GT4 and he gets a 5th Drive Mode called “Gav’s secret mode”, which is designed for showboating :)

There’s a similar mode on the Evija.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Meet at 11am just to the north east of the Lotus stand, the side facing the First Glance Paddock:

View attachment 6593

The plan is to head over to the cricket pitch catering to get a coffee, beer etc and have a chat.

I've set up a WhatsApp group for each day.

I'm hosting on Thu and Sun and will be wearing a Shadow Grey baseball cap with "Lotus 70" in silver stitching.
Ah man this sounds epic. Can't believe my dad is sooooo selfish to have a shoulder replacement the same weekend 🤣😔

Last edited by a moderator:

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 6593

I'm hosting on Thu and Sun and will be wearing a Shadow Grey baseball cap with "Lotus 70" in silver stitching.See you Thursday. That meeting time is a year to the minute that I placed my deposit!. (11.01) :)

View attachment 6593

See you Thursday, the meeting time is one year to the minute of me placing my deposit!. (11.01)

Last edited by a moderator:

Griggsy

Reaction score
I know several of us are going to Goodwood Festival of Speed. Although sadly we won't have any customer Emiras, I'm expecting Lotus to have Emira, Electre and Evija on their stand plus hopefully all of them running up the hill along with several of the Classic Team Lotus cars. The Radford Type 62-2 is also due to be there.

I wondered if anyone wanted to meet up to say hi and grab a coffee, beer, Pimms etc?

I'll be there on Thu 23rd and Sun 26th.

Attendance list:

Thu 23rd
  • TomE (hosting)
  • EmiraMike
  • Yachtie
  • JumboJet
  • Calran
  • Hedge
  • DaveR
  • Lots_Of_Trouble
  • Bilko
Fri 24th
  • JumboJet (hosting)
  • Speedluvver
  • Mickle
  • scoates
  • Evotion
  • Logoman
  • SteveJ
  • Pugwash
  • Pav
  • Bilko
Sat 25th
  • scoates
Sun 26th
  • TomE (hosting)
  • GetawayDriving
  • Pav
  • scoates
  • Logoman
I'll be there on Thursday as well

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know what day's the Lotuses will be going up the hill? Is there a schedule somewhere?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Should be every day. The Evija, Emira V6 and Emira GT4 are on the entry lists. They'll be in some of the "Manufacturer Batch" sessions on Thursday, and in the Supercar/First Glance Run, their designated Batches and the Timed Practice sessions on all four days.

Programme:

Detailed entry list with Batches:

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Should be every day. The Evija, Emira V6 and Emira GT4 are on the entry lists. They'll be in some of the "Manufacturer Batch" sessions on Thursday, and in the Supercar/First Glance Run, their designated Batches and the Timed Practice sessions on all four days.

Programme:

Detailed entry list with Batches:
Thanks for the links! You've saved me a lot of googling!

Seems the Emira is in the first glance batch which appears to run at both 0940 and 1410 on Thursday right? I've not been to FOS before but tempted to buy a last minute ticket and come along. Just worried about missing out on seeing the Emira run if I'm late

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, on Thursday it should be in the 9.40 and 14.10 sessions - Evija and Radford 62-2 in those too. Might be in some of the Manufacturer Batch sessions too. There will be Emiras on the Lotus stand and in the First Glance paddock too.