Future Emira colors

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd really love to see Lotus offer some additional colors for the Emira. My top choice would be either a monaco white or formula red. Something like this would be absolutely stunning.

bright-red-emira.jpg

or
bright-red-emira.png

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Those look great! The white looks pretty darn good.

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gulf Blue! Dang, I sure do like this livery!

Attachments

• McLaren-P1-in-Gulf-livery-by-MSO-Bespoke-front-end-with-doors-open.jpg
    McLaren-P1-in-Gulf-livery-by-MSO-Bespoke-front-end-with-doors-open.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 151
  • McLaren-P1-in-Gulf-livery-by-MSO-Bespoke-side-profile.jpg
    McLaren-P1-in-Gulf-livery-by-MSO-Bespoke-side-profile.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 135

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I hope folks don’t deride me for saying this, but honestly, I’m disappointed in the color offerings for the Emira so far, with the caveat of course that we’ve only seen computer renderings or video of live cars. I hope I’ll be happier when colors can be evaluated in the flesh. Lotus is producing a brand new sports car, with their future depending upon its success in the marketplace against staunch and accomplished competitors. Something as simple as color choice is restricted to a small subset of options, and the most common colors for sports cars (red, black, silver and white) are not represented. At least half of the colors have a fad quality, like Seneca blue or the battleship gray. Moreover, there are no metallic or three stage paint options in any color for those of us who prefer some shimmer. No deeper colors like dark blue or burgundy. Color is one of the most obvious ways that we personalize a car and choices should be maximized if lotus is going to compete best in the American market. I have heard from my dealer that this restricted color palette reflects Lotus piloting a new painting process technology that can’t yet accommodate metallic flake, multistage paints, or even flat white. I’m all for innovation, but if it potentially comes at the cost of customer preference at launch, and thereby trigger delays in purchase or worse yet, choosing a worthy alternative (can you say Porsche or C8 Corvette convertible) it may not be the smartest approach. Lotus, please expand the roster of exterior and interior choices to match or exceed those offered by your competitors. I love the artistry of the car’s design both inside and out, but to my eye the color choices, despite their retro character, fall a bit flat.