Future Emira colors

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus wanted the FE to have premium colors, and black and white are not considered premium. They're considered the cheap, base model standard colors. There are a lot of vehicles in black or white though, but is that because they're popular, or because that's what was on the dealer's lot and people didn't want to pay more for an upgrade color? We don't know because traditionally dealers order cars in the colors and packages they think will sell, so that's what people had to choose from.

The new business model of ordering from the factory is going to be interesting because we'll see what colors the customers are actually interested in, if they have the choice right up front.

That huge band of black, grey, silver and white is absolutely true where I live, so my Dark Verdant Emira is going to stand out like a dark emerald jewel from the deep forest. :)
I'll be really keen to see a DV in the strong Australian sun. It will likely look very special indeed!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus wanted the FE to have premium colors, and black and white are not considered premium. They're considered the cheap, base model standard colors. There are a lot of vehicles in black or white though, but is that because they're popular, or because that's what was on the dealer's lot and people didn't want to pay more for an upgrade color? We don't know because traditionally dealers order cars in the colors and packages they think will sell, so that's what people had to choose from.

The new business model of ordering from the factory is going to be interesting because we'll see what colors the customers are actually interested in, if they have the choice right up front.

That huge band of black, grey, silver and white is absolutely true where I live, so my Dark Verdant Emira is going to stand out like a dark emerald jewel from the deep forest. :)

Black and white have previously been popular colours for Lotus, so it seemed strange not to offer for FE and add them for Base.

They’re a metallic black and a pearlescent white, so will be premium paints and probably a cost option.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'll be really keen to see a DV in the strong Australian sun. It will likely look very special indeed!
I am jealous of your sunshine for all kinds of reasons - especially how good DV will look there compared to our cold blue light in Scotland...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Black and white have previously been popular colours for Lotus, so it seemed strange not to offer for FE and add them for Base.

They’re a metallic black and a pearlescent white, so will be premium paints and probably a cost option.
Are those popular for Porsche customers? Silvers, greys and blues seem to be more popular, which may explain some of the FE color choices since Lotus made it clear they were aiming the Emira at the Cayman crowd. I've played with a lot of different color possibilities when doing test renders, and I find black the least appealing color on the Emira. For some reason it just doesn't seem to fit that well. On the other hand, when I first did a white test render last year, I was really impressed with how beautiful that color works on this car. I did a pearl white and posted it on the forum I think it was in December. I agree if they'd made a pearl white available as an FE color, it would probably have been popular, but when they were choosing the color palette, it was probably early last year. At that time they had no idea what the reveal was going to set in motion. They were thinking Porsche customer, but instead got a landslide from everywhere.

On the surface, it seems like it would have been easy to add a nice pearl white to the FE choices, but maybe they didn't think it would be that popular when they were contracting with the paint supplier.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My guess is we'll see a "special edition" 007 white version in due time, as they obviously see the appeal with the target demographic.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I call this Lunar Pearl.

Lunar Pearl.png

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’d be over the moon if they offered Chrome Orange as they did with the Evora. Just the right amount of flash for my taste.
Brace yourselves for new threads for each of the upcoming 7 new colors, with raging debate on their merits and customizing.
An automotive version of Match.com....?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another couple of options:

Edit: sorry for the lack of shadows on the hood cutouts, for the life of me I just can't get Unreal to self-shadow those sections in non-raytrace mode, and the car paint flake materials don't seem to work at all in raytrace mode. Best I can do.

Last edited:

Snakes

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To be honest, it's such an incredible design, it looks fantastic in any colour! Great work by the way.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Its tragic they are not offering an orange color. I'm planning to go with Seneca but a good orange color would tempt me. Two more blues in the bases seems ridiculous.

Agreed! Orange and bright green are much needed. I'd also like to see a deep dark blue, like Porsche's Gentian Blue.

img_6978-jpg.270027

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think Meridian Blue will be pretty dark navy - it should probably replace Shadow Grey in the lineup IMO. I'd then add Chrome Orange in place of Osmium Silver, and Ultraviolet instead of Zinc Grey. You'd still have white, black and nimbus to cover the neutrals. I'd then replace Dark Verdant with an actual green and that would be a pretty good lineup.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think Meridian Blue will be pretty dark navy - it should probably replace Shadow Grey in the lineup IMO. I'd then add Chrome Orange in place of Osmium Silver, and Ultraviolet instead of Zinc Grey. You'd still have white, black and nimbus to cover the neutrals. I'd then replace Dark Verdant with an actual green and that would be a pretty good lineup.
Umm, no to replacing Shadow Grey.