Future Emira colors

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Umm, no to replacing Shadow Grey.
I think once you have black and navy in the mix, that end of the spectrum is pretty well covered. And I’ll bet it’s the least popular color by some margin. Of course Aston Martin seems to have no problem stocking dozens of color options so I’m not sure why Lotus has so few choices in the first place.

Wake

Reaction score
I don’t really get all the boring colours on sports cars, Greys, black, dark blues. I want toxic green, hot pink, midnight purple. With a car that looks as good as the Emira it needs to be seen!

of the 1961 911s for sale on autotrader right now over 1600 of them are black/white/grey. So boring!

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Annoying that Lotus know the funky colours, as they are on the Evija
base option Black, go into firt price group and there are Dark Amethyst and Venom Green, up a level to Solar Flare, and all cheaper than the metallic green that is top level

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Annoying that Lotus know the funky colours, as they are on the Evija
base option Black, go into firt price group and there are Dark Amethyst and Venom Green, up a level to Solar Flare, and all cheaper than the metallic green that is top level
Agree with everyone. I’m in the ceramic top coat with a wrap for protection. Some nice metallics out there, Heck I changed the factory stripes on my JCW to Union Jack 🇬🇧

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would have totally ordered this if it existed:

View attachment 21733
I'm still waiting for Lotus to publish more details about that "Bespoke Emira" program that they announced last year; I would imagine that they could easily accommodate requests like this!

Details such as: what does "bespoke" mean exactly? Can I pick any paint colour under the sun? How about racing stripes? When will Lotus start accepting these bespoke Emira orders? And how long will these orders take to build / deliver?

Because otherwise, at the time of writing, I'm STILL on the fence between:
  • taking delivery of my preordered Hethel Yellow FE, or
  • converting my preorder into a bespoke / "Base Edition" order so that I can actually choose a cool colour, you know, like the ones that should've been an option since day one. 😉

Last edited:

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have heard from my dealer that this restricted color palette reflects Lotus piloting a new painting process technology that can’t yet accommodate metallic flake....
Are you certain that there are no metalflake paints in the current palette of colors?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Umm, no to replacing Shadow Grey.
I think a part of the problem for shadow grey and why it's been the least popular colour is the really underwhelming first car spec. I've not seen one yet but dare bet shadow with black pack, dc wheels, black pack and a contrast leather would look a fir bit more special.

I'm a big grey car fan, had loads, but dismissed shadow as dull and uninteresting from the 1st running car

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The bright solid colours tend to make the car look plastic to me
That's the primary reason I didn't spec blue. It's quite frustrating, the only medium tone metallics offered on the car in FE flavor are Magma Red and Nimbus Grey.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Lotus to publish more details about that "Bespoke Emira" program that they announced last year; I would imagine that they could easily accommodate requests like this!
Can't imagine they are in any hurry to launch this given they have an 18 month backlog of current orders to clear.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Are you certain that there are no metalflake paints in the current palette of colors?
This comment was something I heard from the sales rep at the dealership I worked with when placing my deposit in the early days of Emira. Obviously circumstances have changed with the emergence of actual cars. There was a lot of info floating around early on that turned out to not be true…. Most not in favor of depositors haha.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Edit: sorry for the lack of shadows on the hood cutouts, for the life of me I just can't get Unreal to self-shadow those sections in non-raytrace mode, and the car paint flake materials don't seem to work at all in raytrace mode. Best I can do.
Update: I got a raytracing version working and updated the build. (link in my signature)

ICE

Reaction score

Attachments

• Emira lime green.png
    Emira lime green.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 57

ICE

Reaction score
Or this:

Attachments

• Emira light green.png
    Emira light green.png