Front Bumper License Plate Mount Yes or No

Do you want Lotus to drill holes in the front bumper for the license plate mount?

• Total voters

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I personally don't want Lotus drilling holes in the front bumper for the front license plate mount. I would rather they just include the bracket and let me decide whether to install it or not. Not all states in the U.S. require a front plate.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I personally don't want Lotus drilling holes in the front bumper for the front license plate mount. I would rather they just include the bracket and let me decide whether to install it or not. Not all states in the U.S. require a front plate.

My understanding is that the US cars will come with the mount kit and US dealers are required to mount it before they sell it if their state requires it. If their state doesn't require it the dealer won't drill. I heard this process mentioned in another car forum I believe so I don't know how true it is.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My understanding is that the US cars will come with the mount kit and US dealers are required to mount it before they sell it if their state requires it. If their state doesn't require it the dealer won't drill. I heard this process mentioned in another car forum I believe so I don't know how true it is.
Please no. Please no. Please no.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If that's the case, I'm going to make it very clear to my salesman at Park Place to NOT drill the front bumper. Since I don't live in Washington State, and I'm not registering the car in Washington State, that shouldn't be an issue.

SemiF19

Reaction score
I live in CA, which requires a front license plate.......however, I'm going to tell my dealer, and this seems crazy, but I will NOT buy the car if they drill front holes.......tape the plate to the front if they want to be "legal" off the showroom and I'll promptly remove it 50 feet after driving off the lot. Been driving in CA for 35 years, never having a front license plate, and I've never been stopped because of it.

SemiF19

Reaction score
I really can't believe that a dealer would drill holes into the front of a $100k car if the customer was adamant from the beginning that they don't want it on there........there are ways they could temporarily mount the front plate to have it be legal when sold to the customer without drilling holes......

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
no sports car dealer should ever put holes in the front unless they ask you first.

There are companies like Sto-n-sho that solve this issue rather easily.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
i am not casting a vote, since unfortunately in Spain we have no option. Don't want to interfere with the casting results, since I guess applies basically for US.
Here It is mandatory and for sure you will have a big fine every single time you drive, and even worse, points deducted from the license.
Sad but that's how it works.

PS: Basically, It's another way for the Government to make money out of our speeding tickets