❔ QUESTION U.S. License Plate Mounting Screws - Machine or Wood Type

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm working on a color matched license plate frame. I'm going to paint it gloss black. I'm wondering now that there have been some vehicles delivered in the U.S. if someone could tell me what type of screws are used to mount the plate to the U.S. bracket. Does the plate mount with machine screws, and if so what size and length. Or does it attach with "wood" type screws, and what length.

Thanks,

OP
Rapture

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They're usually M6 bolts, no?
The last 3 cars have had either M6, M8, and wood type screws. You really don't know until you get the car. Most German cars I've owned have machine bolts, but the M2 I just sold had wood type screws.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used these

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 51

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Davebeats, are the stock bolts also 12 mm in length? I haven’t been able to find info on the length of the stock bolt’s threaded shank. If you could confirm the length, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
The stock one was a little shorter maybe 8mm, surprisingly the dealer didn’t put a frame over the plate like they normally do. I have a little blue carbon fiber plate cover on mine with the 12 mm

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The stock one was a little shorter maybe 8mm, surprisingly the dealer didn’t put a frame over the plate like they normally do. I have a little blue carbon fiber plate cover on mine with the 12 mm
Thanks, and congratulations on the recent pick up off your Seneca Blue Emira. I was contemplating that colour before I decided on Magma Red. Have many happy miles driving!