Florida members

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well, as I suspected, Naples claims they sent emails out a couple weeks ago and have test drives this week. I never received any email regarding a test drive but I sure as hell get all their BS sales blasts. I’ve always had a bad feeling about them but they have the most allocations so being late to the party it’s my best chance to get one in less than 2 years.

I guess I wait till their dealer demo car arrives in a few months or just sign up for a track day at Hethel the next time I’m in the UK.

Scumbags……..
I got the email 11/27, scheduled for a test drive on friday

Stonecutter

Reaction score
Well, as I suspected, Naples claims they sent emails out a couple weeks ago and have test drives this week. I never received any email regarding a test drive but I sure as hell get all their BS sales blasts. I’ve always had a bad feeling about them but they have the most allocations so being late to the party it’s my best chance to get one in less than 2 years.

I guess I wait till their dealer demo car arrives in a few months or just sign up for a track day at Hethel the next time I’m in the UK.

Scumbags……..
Does anyone know when naples or WPB is going to have an actual car that isn’t for the FE buyers that people can see and demo? Wouldn’t it make sense for lotus to try to make some cars to get in the best dealers to stay as a demo car to keep the orders coming?

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Are you part of the FE batch or one of the plebes like me looking to order a Base when the order book opens?
End of the FE batch

Does anyone know when naples or WPB is going to have an actual car that isn’t for the FE buyers that people can see and demo? Wouldn’t it make sense for lotus to try to make some cars to get in the best dealers to stay as a demo car to keep the orders coming?
They're going to have the car available to see on Saturday from 3:30-5:30, but not to drive.

Stonecutter

Reaction score
Called west palm, supposed to have one tomorrow for test drives but not for someone like me to see (wonder if I just popped in how that would go) but it hasn’t arrived yet. Too bad they couldn’t let someone just look it over for 2 min but it is what it is.

First quarter is when demo car comes so I will just follow up with that. No big deal.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Honestly? Lotus have got a two year order bank so, rightly or wrongly, they are not focusing on getting more orders. They’ve got enough challenges delivering the cars that have already been ordered. And they think delivering those cars will probably generate more orders.

I know UK dealers who want a second demo car so they can offer more test drives and are being told no by Lotus.

It’s a funny world when a company doesn’t want to generate more sales!

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What dealership, west palm or naples?

Is that this Saturday the 10th?

Thanks!
Naples, and this Saturday. I have my test drive tomorrow and they sent out an email advising about the viewing on Saturday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208_165355_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_165355_Gmail.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 22

1sttimelotusbuyer

Reaction score
Had my first test drive today in Naples. Demo today was sports chassis and silver wheels solid yellow with lower black pack. I'm a base deposit holder. Definitely considering v6 over I4 after hearing that engine. Concerned by the lack of low end torque on the v6 as it was very linear, but great impressions overall and can't wait to order one

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Test drove the car today, met a few people, one of them should be a member on here. PM me if you see this :)

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I test drove at Naples today. Saw the reservation sheet and there were multiple open spots. Fwiw.

Stonecutter

Reaction score
Are they letting people without one on order test drive? Palm beach is supposed to get their demo car in February/March over their guy. I am 2 hours away from naples but if I could get a test drive slot tomorrow I would make the drive as where I was on the fence to just see it. I will call when they open and get the info…

1sttimelotusbuyer

Reaction score
Are they letting people without one on order test drive? Palm beach is supposed to get their demo car in February/March over their guy. I am 2 hours away from naples but if I could get a test drive slot tomorrow I would make the drive as where I was on the fence to just see it. I will call when they open and get the info…
Test drives were only available for deposit holders on Wednesday Thursday and Friday for deposit holders in Naples. Saturday is just for viewing from 3:30 to 5:30

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Florida folks: I've a long layover later today in Fort Lauderdale. I'm renting a car and was hoping to get some recommendations of driving/scenic roads.

Thanks.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had a few hours to kill in St Pete before heading back to the UK, and stumbled across a car show setting up. Don’t suppose this beauty belongs to anyone on here?

Attachments

• 68DE04FF-285B-4CCD-9342-63656CF4F35B.jpeg
    68DE04FF-285B-4CCD-9342-63656CF4F35B.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 32

Corkdsp

Reaction score
I have had my new 911 T for two weeks and it is glorious. Originally I was all in on the Emira and had a deposit down for a long time before I moving back to Porsche. I would love to drive the New Emira when they come to the states.

If anyone in Central Florida is interested in letting me drive their Emira I would be happy to let them drive my 911 T w/ Manual transmission.

Attachments

• 911 T.jpg
    911 T.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 33

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had my new 911 T for two weeks and it is glorious. Originally I was all in on the Emira and had a deposit down for a long time before I moving back to Porsche. I would love to drive the New Emira when they come to the states.

If anyone in Central Florida is interested in letting me drive their Emira I would be happy to let them drive my 911 T w/ Manual transmission.

Wow I can't believe you got one already! Must be one of the first in the US. How was the ordering and delivery experience? Frequent updates?