Florida members

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Extremely happy to have made the cut :)

I'm 90% on Dark Verdant, DC Wheels, Yellow Calipers, Tan leather, lower black pack, no privacy glass. It was how I originally wanted to go when the configurator first came out but I've gotten spooked about it being too dark.

My other choice would basically be the blue show car spec; Seneca with full black pack, DC wheels, yellow calipers, black alcantara with yellow stitching. Seneca reminds me of my Nogaro S4 that I've been missing for years.
You can't go wrong either way... both excellent choices. If you like dark cars, go for the DV... it looks very dark, in a good way, but in the sun that rich green is sweeeet. I'm not a fan of dark cars (require more cleaning), so went for Seneca and unlike your S4, I went for the Estoril Blue/Dove Grey color combo if anyone remembers E36 M3's ;)

1653000671106.png

Seneca Blue, BP, yellow calipers, Ice Grey interior, DC, Sport, etc.
1653001064441.png

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
Question for all those placing FE orders with Naples, are the standing by their MSRP commitment?
I asked that question to my sales person he said they would not stop me from donating extra 20K from the sale.🤷🏼‍♂️
So being said I guess it’s a Yes, They will stick to the sticker price plus dealer fees only.

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
From Orlando as well and number 41 on the list, coming from a Cayman GTS. Really wanted an FE but didn't make the cut. :( So now we wait...

Those of you doing Seneca, what interior are you thinking?
I did a Tan interior. The black Alcantara would have been great but I never had a tan interior sports car before. I think it would look spectacular. IMO

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
I did a Tan interior. The black Alcantara would have been great but I never had a tan interior sports car before. I think it would look spectacular. IMO
Floridians I know this question has been asked many times do you think the FE V6 manual is a better drivers car than the Evora GT? Honestly I find the rear section of the Evora GT and Seats sportier than the Emira seats. I have not experienced driving an Evora GT the only Evora I driven was the IPS Evora non S.

5years ago still can’t forget the driving experience. It was a well balanced car. I hope the Emira will blow all my expectations in a Lotus. Thus Im considering a Lotus now.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Floridians I know this question has been asked many times do you think the FE V6 manual is a better drivers car than the Evora GT? Honestly I find the rear section of the Evora GT and Seats sportier than the Emira seats. I have not experienced driving an Evora GT the only Evora I driven was the IPS Evora non S.

5years ago still can’t forget the driving experience. It was a well balanced car. I hope the Emira will blow all my expectations in a Lotus. Thus Im considering a Lotus now.
Well none of us have driven the Emira and probably many haven't driven the Evora either. But you know what they say about opinions.... LOL.... so here's one:

I agree the seats are sportier looking. When the Emira was brought to Palm Beach I sat in both, one right after the other and the Evora GT felt more like a go-kart. Emira felt like a small GT car. It's essentially the same chassis, but the feel was different!

I don't think the Emira will be a "better drivers car".... I think it'll be very close. Evora GT is a lighter car and from what we know for now, revs slightly higher and makes slightly more power... but lighter is key! For our loss, we'll gain looks, creature comforts, looks, electronics and reduction in price! Oh and looks ;)

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

As a driver's car, I think both Evora GT and Emira V6 will be very similar. Hydraulic steering, chassis, suspension, brakes, drivetrain are all fundamentally the same, but tweaked. Similarly sweet exhaust and induction noises.

I had the opportunity to see and sit in both Emira and Evora GT during the US roadshow. First impressions... exterior wise, Emira was pretty, where Evora was more race car looking with its hunkered down stance and more aggressive aero. Emira's rear end looks better in person, but still not it's best angle IMO. Interior wise, Evora seats were far more aggressively designed. Thin, very supportive and with carbon fiber back. Dated, but analog gauges. Real hand brake. Hardly any usable storage space for water and other small items. Very purposeful in its mission.

I think Emira will be a solid combination of a driver's car and everyday comfort.

ZorenEmira

Reaction score
For those who ordered from Naples and recently submitted your build specs have you heard from Naples if it was already submitted for production at Hethel?

Escapist

Reaction score
Pensacola, FL here! Which will suck cause the closest Lotus service center is 400 miles away in Jacksonville. I'll be trading in my MKV Supra for the I4 version.

Medic518

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
North Palm Beach here (part time anyway).. Nimbus, Yellow calipers, Tan interior, i4 DCT, Tour..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.21.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.21.36 AM.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.22.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.22.07 AM.png
    648.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know when the US roadshow cars will make it to Florida?

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I also spoke to my Orlando rep and he said "Soon" but did not say December. He also was a little vague about it being a demo car. He kind of said it was a customer car but that just makes me think they don't really know. I asked if a customer car was a demo car and got no real answer.

1667346947734.png

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just leaving a positive note that I was able to change a locked in FE config. Thank you to Lotus of Orlando and to Lotus Cars USA for accommodating the change.

Note: This does not mean that all of you should also start changing your confirmed FE spec!! Don't get me in trouble.

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went from alcantara to ice grey leather. Saw some similar shades on Porsche, BMW and C8 and really liked it. It’s a weekend car, so not concerned about the light color.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Went from alcantara to ice grey leather. Saw some similar shades on Porsche, BMW and C8 and really liked it. It’s a weekend car, so not concerned about the light color.
I’m with you on the ice grey! So happy I ordered. So clean, modern, and fresh.