Florida members

firstlotus

Reaction score
Just leaving a positive note that I was able to change a locked in FE config. Thank you to Lotus of Orlando and to Lotus Cars USA for accommodating the change.

Note: This does not mean that all of you should also start changing your confirmed FE spec!! Don't get me in trouble.

When did you submit your initial build...?

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just received an email, will be test driving the car on Dec 7th! :)

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any idea when the roadshow Emira will stop at Lotus of Jacksonville? My deposit is with Lotus of Orlando (haven't gotten the invitation yet), but the Jacksonville location is much closer.

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@DaaS , I called Orlando today and got my test drive scheduled for 12/12/22 @ 1:30. They have a few slots open so call Damien and get yours. He is supposedly calling people but I never got a call, I called him. I think he had 5 or 6 slots open so don't wait.

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@DaaS , I called Orlando today and got my test drive scheduled for 12/12/22 @ 1:30. They have a few slots open so call Damien and get yours. He is supposedly calling people but I never got a call, I called him. I think he had 5 or 6 slots open so don't wait.
Thank you. Lotus of Orlando did contact me and I have made an appointment. The test drive car is Hethel Yellow.

Cory

Reaction score
Thanks. I sent an email just now. Hopefully they get me a drive.

Stonecutter

Reaction score
New here, figured this would be a good place for my first post.

I am really intrigued by the emira. Like is it the ultimate weekend car or a Chinese part dumpster fire by a company where you should have known better? I want to love this and I want to get one but cannot do it blind as much as I want to.

I Saw the Orlando Demo car mentioned being December. Does anyone know when palm beach or even Naples will have a car? I mean I want to drive it but honestly sitting in it and looking it over would go really far.

Really excited for you guys in line, I can’t wait to see them on the road.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New here, figured this would be a good place for my first post.

I am really intrigued by the emira. Like is it the ultimate weekend car or a Chinese part dumpster fire by a company where you should have known better? I want to love this and I want to get one but cannot do it blind as much as I want to.

I Saw the Orlando Demo car mentioned being December. Does anyone know when palm beach or even Naples will have a car? I mean I want to drive it but honestly sitting in it and looking it over would go really far.

Really excited for you guys in line, I can’t wait to see them on the road.

Not sure you'd get an invite to even sit in the car, unless you know someone who already has a deposit. The dealers only have the car for so many hours. You can always contact the dealer and ask them, though.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not sure you'd get an invite to even sit in the car, unless you know someone who already has a deposit. The dealers only have the car for so many hours. You can always contact the dealer and ask them, though.
Naples is going to need it for more than a few hours, I hear they have over 200 deposits. If 50% want a test drive and the best they can do is 4, maybe 5 per hour that’s 20 hours (2.5 business days). Not looking forward to the 5 hour drive but I’ll do it if I need to. Probably not fair to ask for a demo in Orlando when I placed the reservation with Naples.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Naples is going to need it for more than a few hours, I hear they have over 200 deposits. If 50% want a test drive and the best they can do is 4, maybe 5 per hour that’s 20 hours (2.5 business days). Not looking forward to the 5 hour drive but I’ll do it if I need to. Probably not fair to ask for a demo in Orlando when I placed the reservation with Naples.

I said so many hours to emphasize that they aren't showing it for 24-hours per day. I don't think everyone will get to drive it/see it, but for anyone expecting the car "soon," this is a must, so that people know what they're getting. I was supposed to have my car delivered months ago... :ROFLMAO:

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I said so many hours to emphasize that they aren't showing it for 24-hours per day. I don't think everyone will get to drive it/see it, but for anyone expecting the car "soon," this is a must, so that people know what they're getting. I was supposed to have my car delivered months ago... :ROFLMAO:
I get it and agree, I’d be pissed if I got bumped so someone off the street could take a test drive this time around. The dealer demo cars that will be in the first batch are for that purpose. I’ve seen the car in person at Hethel so I may just wait till the first batch come in and schedule a more extended drive in April or May. I don’t expect to be asked to spec a car and place an order till June or July. I do want to drive it before then.

MzNutSax

Reaction score
Any idea when the roadshow Emira will stop at Lotus of Jacksonville? My deposit is with Lotus of Orlando (haven't gotten the invitation yet), but the Jacksonville location is much closer.
I've been wondering the same thing. Soon I hope!

MzNutSax

Reaction score
I can't be at the Jacksonville showing. I'm wondering if someone in Orlando would consider trading with me?
I'm waiting to hear back from Jacksonville

OP
DaaS

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can't be at the Jacksonville showing. I'm wondering if someone in Orlando would consider trading with me?
I'm waiting to hear back from Jacksonville
What day and time is your test drive slot at Jacksonville?

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, as I suspected, Naples claims they sent emails out a couple weeks ago and have test drives this week. I never received any email regarding a test drive but I sure as hell get all their BS sales blasts. I’ve always had a bad feeling about them but they have the most allocations so being late to the party it’s my best chance to get one in less than 2 years.

I guess I wait till their dealer demo car arrives in a few months or just sign up for a track day at Hethel the next time I’m in the UK.

Scumbags……..