• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First review

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah this read just feels off, my gut feeling says this is a BS review.
I'm saying it's likely - have never seen a review without any original photos, not even one that's not directly from Lotus. 🐟 y

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's a pity:
..................."and with that comes our slight disappointment with the Emira. It's mostly operating so far within itself that it has lost some of the traditional Lotus cornering involvement. "....................:cry:
Remember Catchpole said it feels like a lotus and I trust his view more than this for sure…

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Re. “It's mostly operating so far within itself that it has lost some of the traditional Lotus cornering involvement. You don't feel enough nuances of the tires working beneath you."

Not too dissimilar to what some said about the GR Yaris, in that it’s so stuck to the road a Fiesta ST is more ‘fun’ on the road because you can feel it moving around when pressing on.

It’s true but a bit of a clutching at straws criticism in my eyes. Grown up modern sports cars don’t really do that these days with massive tyres and sorted suspension.

The above was a Catchpole comment. Interested to see what he says - not long now!

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think its a FAKE article. I doubt they even drove the car.

I believe its too all over the place to be a real review.
That's exactly what I thought. Not even one picture of "their" car, but rather just old pics from all over the place, wrong information about the car (ADAS for example), the most general descriptions I've ever read... I don't know, but I would bet that they never drove an Emira.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Im not going to read this now until the end of the day after watching the videos... whos got time to read? haha
but seriously, they are not my 1st choice for reviews so will put them at the end of my list, down there with the Porsche magazine review haha

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 6263

What's under the Emira's hood?

The Emira's hood is a glass cover behind the cockpit, leaving the engine beautifully exposed to view.

Well.....I only see some large black plastic panel covering an engine....
That could have been designed / created better imo.
Yep all these comments on here re: spec clear glass so everyone can see the beautiful engine - it’s a large black boring ish cover - get real people. Go and look 👀 at R8 exposed engine then yes that’s something to drool 🤤 over

Last edited:

Mickle

Reaction score
Yep all these comments on here re: spec clear glass so everyone can see the beautiful engine - it’s a large black piece of plastic - get real people. Go and look 👀 at R8 exposed engine then yes that’s something to drool 🤤 over
The picture in the article shows the engine cover for the AMG 2.0 turbo engine, the V6 they claimed to drive actually looks like the below.

Picture from Caffeine & Machine ☕️

Attachments

• C4A565DC-1EC3-4C3C-8900-DBF1680DAD1B.jpeg
    C4A565DC-1EC3-4C3C-8900-DBF1680DAD1B.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 55

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 6263

What's under the Emira's hood?

The Emira's hood is a glass cover behind the cockpit, leaving the engine beautifully exposed to view.

Well.....I only see some large black plastic panel covering an engine....
That could have been designed / created better imo.
It’s like seeing me in my pants… some things are better covered up

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"It's mostly operating so far within itself that it has lost some of the traditional Lotus cornering involvement. You don't feel enough nuances of the tires working beneath you"

Ambiguous, it's obviously not going to move around like a 300kg lighter Exige, but we knew that already. As for feeling the tires, again, compared to what? these are all relative statements, I wouldn't read too much into them.

Interestingly the TG review of the VP spoke about how it moves around during cornering, but they were driving it on wet Welsh roads. May be it only does that in Wales.

Last edited:

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Think I'll wait for the professional reviews, only about 2 sentences show they actually drove the car, the rest is info you'd find anywhere including the forum. 90 mins to go...

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The i4 is never going to be "beautifully" exposed, even if the cover is left off....

Attachments

• 275481929_1007736583160690_1330664040134250380_n.jpg
    275481929_1007736583160690_1330664040134250380_n.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 44

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm also not going to rule out some brand bias for some of these reviewers, especially when it comes to something that might compare to a Porsche. We saw some of that sort of thing from BMW owners upset over the Alfa Romeo Giulia when it came out.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought. Not even one picture of "their" car, but rather just old pics from all over the place, wrong information about the car (ADAS for example), the most general descriptions I've ever read... I don't know, but I would bet that they never drove an Emira.

Agreed agreed. But to make a small point, Edmunds did put their opinions in print so it's attached to their reputation. So, a small victory that Edmunds printed some strong words.