First review

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes! Also super interesting to read about ADAS and V6 manual. Wonder how accurate that is.

Thanks so much for posting!

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes! Also super interesting to read about ADAS and V6 manual. Wonder how accurate that is.

Thanks so much for posting!
Right?! I thought that wasn't going to happen? I wouldn't mind having rear cross-traffic alert or sensors on the front for parking!

Reactions: DrD

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice, going to check it out now. Cheers.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting. The reference to some items from the ADAS suite is odd, as I’ve been told several times by the ADAS team that there aren’t any on the V6 FE.

The description of the handling seems slightly inconsistent too. On the one hand “You don't feel enough nuances of the tires working beneath you“ but then also “…you feel intimately connected with the tires as they ride road markings, or change weighting over crests or dips”.

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
that type of contradiction is in so many articles I read. I always wonder how as a reader we can see it the first time we read it, and the writer who undoubtedly proof-read it didn't catch it?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I felt this review is kind of amateurish. But did have some stuff that I liked to hear. If they are boasting about the suspension and grip on the touring suspension, I am excited to hear about the sport.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This Tour suspension is firm but never uncomfortable, and it has terrific control even over bucking, heaving roadway at speed. We never wished for the other setup.

I'm actually happy to read this. I speced sport chassis, but was worried the Emira would be a softened Evora. This makes it sound otherwise.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The description of the handling seems slightly inconsistent too. On the one hand “You don't feel enough nuances of the tires working beneath you“ but then also “…you feel intimately connected with the tires as they ride road markings, or change weighting over crests or dips”.

I interpreted this differently. Again what Lotus has said all along is that the car is wider and presents with a lower center of gravity increasing security feel.

My take is that during normal driving you won't really feel the "Lotus." Hence daily driver comfort. But on a track you had better have experience, insurance, or both because the grip is phenomenal at the limit.

EDIT: I am anxious how other reviews will explain the handling of street vs. track.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I interpreted this differently. Again what Lotus has said all along is that the car is wider and presents with a lower center of gravity increasing security feel.

My take is that during normal driving you won't really feel the "Lotus." Hence daily driver comfort. But on a track you had better have experience, insurance, or both because the grip is phenomenal at the limit.
That's a pity:
..................."and with that comes our slight disappointment with the Emira. It's mostly operating so far within itself that it has lost some of the traditional Lotus cornering involvement. "....................:cry:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting. The reference to some items from the ADAS suite is odd, as I’ve been told several times by the ADAS team that there aren’t any on the V6 FE.

Agree, doesn't really make sense. Unless what they meant to say is that the Goodyears take away some of the steering feel because of their soft sidewalls, yet the suspension keeps the tires well connected with the road at all times.

I suspect that the best, most "authentic Lotus" steering feel will be with the Cup2s. The Goodyears would have needed to make some sacrifices for the sake of ride comfort.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think we all agreed this is not the most raw Lotus so doesn't the handling explanation make sense?

If touring is a comfortable daily driver and sport is a track weapon I think Lotus hit a grand slam. Hard to create that versatility in a car. Unless of course you are handling experts.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I interpreted it as - wide tyres, wide track - the "edge" or limit, is now not as easily reachable on the road, at fast road speeds as it may have been in something like an Elise and Exige. i.e Too much grip.

I.e. part 2: feel is plentiful, but the ability to use that feel to the limit, is now more out of reach than it once was...

I am also 100% chatting utter crap so who knows?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Reading this, my first thought was - How do I become a car "reviewer"? :ROFLMAO:

You get to spend hours driving new cars and then write up a few high level observations in a couple of paragraphs!