First offer of a "second hand" Emira from a country with no luxury tax (spotted by me)

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A German dealer offers a "second hand" Emira FE V6 manual with just 250 kms for 124.900 EUR (private car, no tax refund for businesses possible, immediately available). As there is no luxury tax for cars in Germany, a profit of approx. 29.000 EUR is awaited there ("im Kundenauftrag" - the dealer is just an agent, the profit takes the owner of that Emira).

Wake

Reaction score
I’d be looking to put at least a couple thousand miles on mine before moving on. I don’t mind people that buy, own for 6 months and then move on to something else, but I really hate those that buy up these cars with the intent to flip instantly.

I didn’t wait this long to not experience the car first!

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’d be looking to put at least a couple thousand miles on mine before moving on. I don’t mind people that buy, own for 6 months and then move on to something else, but I really hate those that buy up these cars with the intent to flip instantly.

I didn’t wait this long to not experience the car first!

I don’t think I can afford to keep mine now, having spent most of the funds on family holidays due to the lengthy delays.

That said, it would be sad to not enjoy it for at least a few months before selling. Ideally for a few quid more but at worst cost price. Reward for my patience if nothing else!

I spoke to a fellow UK purchaser a few days ago who told me they’d been offered 30k more. I wouldn’t need to think twice to be fair.

I was thinking based on lack of availability and that I’m in the first 150 cars, 20k would be optimistic, 10k realistic. But again, hopefully that’s a few months or more down the line.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Could be like new Range Rover, an initial price surge, then it will fall back down to normal levels as supply increases. It’s not going to be a “rare” car in medium term

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A German dealer offers a "second hand" Emira FE V6 manual with just 250 kms for 124.900 EUR (private car, no tax refund for businesses possible, immediately available). As there is no luxury tax for cars in Germany, a profit of approx. 29.000 EUR is awaited there ("im Kundenauftrag" - the dealer is just an agent, the profit takes the owner of that Emira).

That German '22 Emra imported to the Netherlands will result in total price of: € 162.200,-..........

MaybeNeedEmira

Reaction score
Here's the math there .... should be easy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-131228.png
    Screenshot_20221109-131228.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 30

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
That German '22 Emra imported to the Netherlands will result in total price of: € 162.200,-..........
IF the car has been registered in Germany, which you assume it has, the exporting to ANY other EU country does not just imply a registration tax, very high in NL and 16% in Spain, but it ALSO implies paying sales tax on top!!! 21% in Spain and possibly as high or higher in NL?
Until the car has 6000km and is 6 months old, you have to pay sales tax again..... and yes I know what I am talking about, which makes a change.
hence, not sure the NL price takes all this into account?
In any case, unless someone in NL is interested, it doesnt really matter... it will more than likely sell within its current country having already paid sales tax there....

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
IF the car has been registered in Germany, which you assume it has, the exporting to ANY other EU country does not just imply a registration tax, very high in NL and 16% in Spain, but it ALSO implies paying sales tax on top!!! 21% in Spain and possibly as high or higher in NL?
Until the car has 6000km and is 6 months old, you have to pay sales tax again..... and yes I know what I am talking about, which makes a change.
hence, not sure the NL price takes all this into account?
In any case, unless someone in NL is interested, it doesnt really matter... it will more than likely sell within its current country having already paid sales tax there....
This is really interesting! If I buy a 12 month old used car in the EU & bring it to Spain to register (over the 6k), what other taxes would I incur do you know?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This is really interesting! If I buy a 12 month old used car in the EU & bring it to Spain to register (over the 6k), what other taxes would I incur do you know?
I dont know much but I do know that...yes....
depends which part of spain, but the registration tax is about 16% on top of the imported value. The imported value is set by tables or the invoice.
Add to this the paperwork, other smaller taxes, plates etc... probably another 1-1200 euros.

So buy the car for lets say 100k in Germany, with 12 months and >6000km, the car will end up costing you about 118k imported into Spain.

Begs the question, why not buy in spain in the first place??

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I dont know much but I do know that...yes....
depends which part of spain, but the registration tax is about 16% on top of the imported value. The imported value is set by tables or the invoice.
Add to this the paperwork, other smaller taxes, plates etc... probably another 1-1200 euros.

So buy the car for lets say 100k in Germany, with 12 months and >6000km, the car will end up costing you about 118k imported into Spain.

Begs the question, why not buy in spain in the first place??
More choice was my thought, my current car in Spain was a new Citroen C3, which has been a nice runaround for a couple of years, but as I spend more time there I’ll look to get a Merc or Porsche, so assume will be a lot more options in Germany?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
More choice was my thought, my current car in Spain was a new Citroen C3, which has been a nice runaround for a couple of years, but as I spend more time there I’ll look to get a Merc or Porsche, so assume will be a lot more options in Germany?
Well yes in theory... but if it was in your thoughts really to get an emira for here.... I still think I would order in Spain and pay 120 odd k for a new one ....
you can also use it in the UK... not a big deal .....
im still not 100% sure I will keep my spanish car due next month...ish...

even in germany I dont think there will be a huge choice and its certainly a hassle bringing the car in....everything in spain involving such processes is a hassle....

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well yes in theory... but if it was in your thoughts really to get an emira for here.... I still think I would order in Spain and pay 120 odd k for a new one ....
you can also use it in the UK... not a big deal .....
im still not 100% sure I will keep my spanish car due next month...ish...

even in germany I dont think there will be a huge choice and its certainly a hassle bringing the car in....everything in spain involving such processes is a hassle....
Cheers, no real interest in an Emira for Spain… my house is in Costa Blanca, if it went wrong it would need to go to Barca or Madrid… too much hassle! Merc, BMW & Porsche have local dealers - I’ll check them out when I’m over next. The way the economy is going they might have some dealer stock or cancelled orders 👍

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Cheers, no real interest in an Emira for Spain… my house is in Costa Blanca, if it went wrong it would need to go to Barca or Madrid… too much hassle! Merc, BMW & Porsche have local dealers - I’ll check them out when I’m over next. The way the economy is going they might have some dealer stock or cancelled orders 👍
Porsche Spain are having their best year ever and no cars to be had at all. Certainly not cancelled orders.

No lotus dealer in madrid and no new cars to be ordered from barcelona either.
If no interest in the emira in Spain then I clearly misunderstood why you would want to import one there

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts