Interior Option You Want Lotus to Offer

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So what Interior Options or Configurations would you like Lotus to Offer that they currently do not?

I would like Lotus to offer different Color Stitching with the Black Leather Interior. Stitching Color options to match the exterior color. Include the Steering Wheel stitching, Dash, Seats and Door Panels.

I would like Lotus to offer different Color options on the V6 Super Charger Cover.

Lotus is leaving "Money on the Table" as we say. They need to take a page out of the Porsche Book on how to increase profits, by offering simple customization options at an upcost that customers will pay.

What say you?

Ryder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So what Interior Options or Configurations would you like Lotus to Offer that they currently do not?

I would like Lotus to offer different Color Stitching with the Black Leather Interior. Stitching Color options to match the exterior color. Include the Steering Wheel stitching, Dash, Seats and Door Panels.

I would like Lotus to offer different Color options on the V6 Super Charger Cover.

Lotus is leaving "Money on the Table" as we say. They need to take a page out of the Porsche Book on how to increase profits, by offering simple customization options at an upcost that customers will pay.

What say you?
I say: you are 100% correct !!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
A color that matches with HY and is not black (or McDonalds red)

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

What say you?
Agree with all that.

Also a red interior that is Burgundy (such as Porsche offer on the Cayman) not lipstick red (I have ordered with red anyway but it's pretty bright.....)

Certainly a red supercharger cover. Or even a green one. Talking to a chap at the Lotus Piccadilly store earlier this week he helpfully told me its only 10NM torque for the bolts but I'm not going to do it myself.....

Instruments - though I said this on a test drive before Jay Leno posted his piece....I'd like to be able to swap to a screen with analogue instrumentation in addition to digital. This should be dead easy.

A mirror for the drivers sun visor please (Electre has it - why not an Emira?)

Badging - option for black and silver external badging to match the steering wheel boss OR steering wheel boss option to match the exterior! Why do they not match?!?!?!?!?!?!

TItanium/naughty/lightweight exhaust option....

Custom exterior colours like Alpine offer on the A110 - in particular some lighter greens. BRG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and a JPS livery option......just like the old Esprit edition updated.

Leather covered gearlever

There....that's enough for now.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another instrument display choice with round analog gauges

Seats with Harness grommets (shoulder and crotch)

Factory Harness bar option

Center screen display of important gauges (coolant temp, oil temp, and oil pressure at minimum).

12v tap on mirror for radar detector or camera (keep usb, but add 12v to allow for all brands)

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
+1 for the red striped steering wheel not being available with MT. That's not very "For the driver" like behavior...

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
2.) Round steering wheel.
Utter heresy!! 😉

I say seats without the stupidly large headrests, which are totally unnecessary, and somewhat awkward for taller people.

Also +1 for coloured seatbelts.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Carbon buckets, color stitched steering wheels for manual trans cars, user defined ambient lighting, cup holders that aren't directly in the way of the shifter (yes, I know we're lucky to have them at all), colored seat belts, etc.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
-Carbon buckets with better bolstering and some leather/alcantara (think GT3RS)
-Dry carbon door sills instead of cheap carpet
-Alcantara or similar matte dash to stop the windscreen reflections
-TDC marker on steering wheel
-A better center display that isn't thick, plastic, or have HUGE bezels that already look dated...
-No piano black trim anywhere

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Others have already covered it, but I'll just put it simply:
  • Manual bucket seats. No need to be fancy carbon, no need for electric adjustments, just a proper sport seat with pass-through for a harness, available in upholstery matching the Emira interiors. Basically exactly what they were using in the Evora S would be fine.
  • A sport option steering wheel, round. Preferably without buttons, but with an airbag would be great. The one they used in the last versions of the Exige would be ideal. A nice Sparco or something would be even nicer but anything round would do, honestly.

2013 Evora S option seats:
2013_Lotus_Evora_S.jpg.9e4657dda2bcc6c4a5db65db201c0154 (1).jpg

2021 Exige wheel:
Lotus-Elise-Final-Edition-new-steering-wheel-design.jpg

Last edited:

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd like contrasting stitching for the seats, steering wheel, door panels, and dash for the leather interiors.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
-Carbon buckets with better bolstering and some leather/alcantara (think GT3RS)
-Dry carbon door sills instead of cheap carpet
-Alcantara or similar matte dash to stop the windscreen reflections
-TDC marker on steering wheel
-A better center display that isn't thick, plastic, or have HUGE bezels that already look dated...
-No piano black trim anywhere

Agree with all of this. Especially that rediculously thick bezel! It can't be unseen.