Dealer wants me to submit the $2500 by tmw.. still undecided.. can I just go somewhere else?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
HI there
I am in love with these things but I am still researching.

A nearby dealership said there is normally a 1.5 year wait on these, but that someone backed out and there is an allocation for a March 2024 delivery.

He needs the $2500 deposit by tmw.

I am still undecided --

My question to you: is it easy to get an allocation and hes just bluffing me a bit?

Or do I really have a great opportunity here?

Also -- random question: is it important to have a dealer in my town for these sorts of cars? This dealership is in a nearby state but still hundreds of miles away.
Thanks.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
HI there

A nearby dealership said there is normally a 1.5 year wait on these, but that someone backed out and there is an allocation for a March 2024 delivery.

I am still undecided --

My question to you: is it easy to get an allocation and hes just bluffing me a bit?

Also -- random question: is it important to have a dealer in my town for these sorts of cars? This dealership is in a nearby state but still hundreds of miles away.
Thanks.
It depends. Manual allocations that would arrive in March 24 are probably hard to find. Automatics may still be available.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
HI there

I am still undecided --

Thanks.

Depends on the spec. V6 First Edition? Yeah, most have been waiting over 2 years since making their initial deposit. If you don't want a V6 FE and are comfortable waiting for a base spec, you can probably order and get one later in 2024. However, the $2500 is normal deposit amount. I made my deposit in July 2021 and then another $2500 was needed when I spec ordered March 2022.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Depends on the spec. V6 First Edition? Yeah, most have been waiting over 2 years since making their initial deposit. If you don't want a V6 FE and are comfortable waiting for a base spec, you can probably order and get one later in 2024. However, the $2500 is normal deposit amount. I made my deposit in July 2021 and then another $2500 was needed when I spec ordered March 2022.
Thanks I appreciate your help.

Yes its a first edition 2.0 but I would pay 10,000 over MSRP.

$2500 now to get on the allocation list for a Jan production spot and late feb early march delivery.

What are your thoughts?
Truly appreciate it.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would not pay ADM on a FW 2.0 or later car. Maybe a FE 1.0.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks I appreciate your help.

Yes its a first edition 2.0 but I would pay 10,000 over MSRP.

$2500 now to get on the allocation list for a Jan production spot and late feb early march delivery.

What are your thoughts?
Truly appreciate it.
Hard no on the 10K ADM. The deposit of 2,500 is normal. ADM is for suckers - I guess I should say that ADM depends on the car and not all ADM's are for suckers.... but I think on the i4 it is.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hard no on the 10K ADM. The deposit of 2,500 is normal. ADM is for suckers - I guess I should say that ADM depends on the car and not all ADM's are for suckers.... but I think on the i4 it is.
I know I am getting hosed but.. it doens't really bother me too much,.
I don't really care about dropping 10k more on a car.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know I am getting hosed but.. it doens't really bother me too much,.
I don't really care about dropping 10k more on a car.
It's your money, if you think 10k ADM is worth it for this car then put down a deposit. Yes, allocations and deposit lines are long at most dealerships. You can always offer someone 10k ADM on a 1.0 FE, i'm pretty sure there will be a dozen of them being sold for a quick profit.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's your money, if you think 10k ADM is worth it for this car then put down a deposit. Yes, allocations and deposit lines are long at most dealerships. You can always offer someone 10k ADM on a 1.0 FE, i'm pretty sure there will be a dozen of them being sold for a quick profit.
Wait -- ADM -- You mean Emiras available in the USA right now?

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wait -- ADM -- You mean Emiras available in the USA right now?
Sorry I meant, you can offer someone 10k once the 1st deliveries take place in the fall. I'm sure there will always be people who is willing to flip for a quick profit.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry I meant, you can offer someone 10k once the 1st deliveries take place in the fall. I'm sure there will always be people who is willing to flip for a quick profit.
Technically, if he pays the Fe 2.0 price to someone who tries to flip Fe 1.0 it’ll be a win win for both parties, since he doesn’t have to pay $10k ADM on top of Fe 2.0 price .🤔

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow - legit but sounds shady…assume they have others who are next in line on the list but instead trying to snag the 10K ADM. That being said if it happens to be a V1 (unlikely) then the 10K is worth it. Since I think those orders are in long ago I assume it’s a V2 and they could be making a price bump on the upcoming base editions that you’ll end up paying 10K more a year from now and it could be worth it to get the car sooner if you want it vs paying that amount more anyways if you wait.

If it was an i4 I could see potential that there was nobody on the list ahead of you, as the dealers are getting allocations for each engine meaning you have a better chance of getting a V2 right now if you want the i4 since it’s less popular.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wow - legit but sounds shady…assume they have others who are next in line on the list but instead trying to snag the 10K ADM. That being said if it happens to be a V1 (unlikely) then the 10K is worth it. Since I think those orders are in long ago I assume it’s a V2 and they could be making a price bump on the upcoming base editions that you’ll end up paying 10K more a year from now and it could be worth it to get the car sooner if you want it vs paying that amount more anyways if you wait.

If it was an i4 I could see potential that there was nobody on the list ahead of you, as the dealers are getting allocations for each engine meaning you have a better chance of getting a V2 right now if you want the i4 since it’s less popular.
Its a V2 v6 or i4.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Sounds like for the price of 10K, you will be automatically be bumped to the front of the line.