Dealer wants me to submit the $2500 by tmw.. still undecided.. can I just go somewhere else?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like they’re looking for highest bidder on ADM vs offering to next in line…

I’m in Canada and my understanding is it’s not done in Canada so maybe more familiar to those in US.
rest assured this is happening in Canada.... Call 1 of the 5 dealers in Canada and offer them 10K in a duffle bag for a V2 allocation and see what happens.

Perhaps some prior history with the dealer is required - but I know it happened 100% in Toronto.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
rest assured this is happening in Canada.... Call 1 of the 5 dealers in Canada and offer them 10K in a duffle bag for a V2 allocation and see what happens.

Perhaps some prior history with the dealer is required - but I know it happened 100% in Toronto.
Well it’s good business to contact prior customers about a new model coming out and asking if they want to get on the new car list as “VIPs”. But if I plan on buying more cars from said dealership in the future and found out 2+ years into holding my deposit they’re auctioning my spot to the highest bidder I’d definitely be taking my future business elsewhere, not sure how worth it that is to them in the long run (including servicing the car etc.).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well it’s good business to contact prior customers about a new model coming out and asking if they want to get on the new car list as “VIPs”. But if I plan on buying more cars from said dealership in the future and found out 2+ years into holding my deposit they’re auctioning my spot to the highest bidder I’d definitely be taking my future business elsewhere, not sure how worth it that is to them in the long run (including servicing the car etc.).
They would see more value in the customer that pays up... and let's be honest they would need to service the car there irregardless. Especially being a Lotus. Im not condoning the act. I agree the VIP's that have owned Lotus' and been good customers of that dealer should get first pick at an allocation. That goes for any business really.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They would see more value in the customer that pays up... and let's be honest they would need to service the car there irregardless. Especially being a Lotus. Im not condoning the act. I agree the VIP's that have owned Lotus' and been good customers of that dealer should get first pick at an allocation. That goes for any business really.
Firstly, I’m quite confident this isn’t going on in Toronto. But you may be forced to service if there’s no other dealership in your province/state however, Toronto/Oakville aren’t that far apart.

Last edited:

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
HI there
I am in love with these things but I am still researching.

A nearby dealership said there is normally a 1.5 year wait on these, but that someone backed out and there is an allocation for a March 2024 delivery.

He needs the $2500 deposit by tmw.

I am still undecided --

My question to you: is it easy to get an allocation and hes just bluffing me a bit?

Or do I really have a great opportunity here?

Also -- random question: is it important to have a dealer in my town for these sorts of cars? This dealership is in a nearby state but still hundreds of miles away.
Thanks.
Long Island?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts