Any way I can possibly test drive one in the USA?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is there any dealership that has one, anywhere?
Any way I can get access to a press car?

I'd love to drive one of these babies somehow before putting money down.
Thanks my friends

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There have been two tours of factory demo cars visiting US dealers for a few days per dealer, but I believe those have now finished.

Next opportunity will be when the dealers take delivery of their own demo cars, sometime in Q4.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is there any dealership that has one, anywhere?
Any way I can get access to a press car?

I'd love to drive one of these babies somehow before putting money down.
Thanks my friends
Check with Gator in Indianapolis regarding Lotus-paloosa thread.

THX1138

Reaction score
I have the same question. I'm located in San Diego. Very interested but would like to see in person and drive if possible?

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have the same question. I'm located in San Diego. Very interested but would like to see in person and drive if possible?
Not sure if it means anything for your location (so check with your local dealer) but the SF bay area there will be one for test drive in Oct and I'm already on the list, not sure of the date yet but I'll post an update if I get more info.

THX1138

Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything for your location (so check with your local dealer) but the SF bay area there will be one for test drive in Oct and I'm already on the list, not sure of the date yet but I'll post an update if I get more info.
Thank you.... San Francisco is very far away from San Diego, just over 500 miles but I'll consider it, especially if I don't go to SEMA this year. There is no local dealer in San Diego either but I might try Los Angeles.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you.... San Francisco is very far away from San Diego, just over 500 miles but I'll consider it, especially if I don't go to SEMA this year. There is no local dealer in San Diego either but I might try Los Angeles.

Well, I figured that at least that means a demo car will be in CA and I doubt if it makes the track all the way to SF, It would be the only stop in CA.

THX1138

Reaction score
I just go a hold of one and he said the car just left his dealership after a month. Yes, I'll try onother one. I called Galpin. I tried calling Lotus of Southern California but it says the number on their website is not a valid number.... : (

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just go a hold of one and he said the car just left his dealership after a month. Yes, I'll try onother one. I called Galpin. I tried calling Lotus of Southern California but it says the number on their website is not a valid number.... : (

and he doesn't know where it's heading next?

THX1138

Reaction score
and he doesn't know where it's heading next?
No, he gave me his cell and said to check back periodically, but I'll just keep looking. I have really cool manual Cayman luckily so I'm not breaking in cold sweats, but this is just one of the most beautiful cars to come out in a long time and with a proper manual, it DESERVES to be looked at seriously.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No, he gave me his cell and said to check back periodically, but I'll just keep looking. I have really cool manual Cayman luckily so I'm not breaking in cold sweats, but this is just one of the most beautiful cars to come out in a long time and with a proper manual, it DESERVES to be looked at seriously.
In that case, I would just wait till the FE hit the dealer later this year or early next. I'm sure at least some dealer in each area will hold on to one for demo. I know my sales person hold the 1st reservation spot at his dealership so his will be at the dealership most of the time when he's working. The Cayman 4.0 GTS was on my shopping list but the wait time is almost as long or longer as my friend placed an order on one last Jan and it won't be here till Dec. But to be honest, I think the Emira will feel lighter and offers more driver feedback which is the main difference I was looking for from my current RS5 (great performance and fun but lacking a bit in character) and the Emira looks kills both 😜

Last edited:

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
According to me dealer. There are 2 reasons that you don't see many demo events anymore.

1) Of the 12 pre-production press car in the US. 4 have been retired due to varies pre-production issues so there's only like 6 or less available for demo as at least 1 is always at the factory service depot for training on each coast

2) Lotus is no longer shipping the cars to dealers for Demo. Dealership is now financially responsible for the transportation cost so only the large volume dealers will be able to bear the cost.

But ask around as the press car is still making their rounds to veries dealership.

C7R35

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
SLC has two, one manual and one auto, but the automatic version is currently having issues related to elevation and improper tuning. Lotus has advised the dealer not to take people out for drives in it. The manual is still running though and is quite fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 79

Omega2733

Reaction score
There's a test car currently in Naples for deposit holders through next week then goes to Orlando.

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In the San Francisco bay area. Boardwalk should have a demo cycle in late Nov.