• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First offer of a "second hand" Emira from a country with no luxury tax (spotted by me)

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Porsche Spain are having their best year ever and no cars to be had at all. Certainly not cancelled orders.

No lotus dealer in madrid and no new cars to be ordered from barcelona either.
If no interest in the emira in Spain then I clearly misunderstood why you would want to import one there
Apologies, no I was talking more generally about imports from EU, wasn’t sure how it worked!
Appreciate the heads up, I’ll connect with the dealers & see what they come up with….
Emira order is/was for U.K. but will likely cancel due to delays & naff service

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Apologies, no I was talking more generally about imports from EU, wasn’t sure how it worked!
Appreciate the heads up, I’ll connect with the dealers & see what they come up with….
Emira order is/was for U.K. but will likely cancel due to delays & naff service
ok sure... if you want a porsche.. unlike in the UK, you can generally get a discount in Spain, hence shop around.. or if you actually get serious and can afford to wait, let me know and I will put you in touch with the "right" dealer..
but if you want something now.. or soon.... well best of luck, you will pay well over the odds and used cars in spain are probably generally about 30% higher prices than they were / are in the UK

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ok sure... if you want a porsche.. unlike in the UK, you can generally get a discount in Spain, hence shop around.. or if you actually get serious and can afford to wait, let me know and I will put you in touch with the "right" dealer..
but if you want something now.. or soon.... well best of luck, you will pay well over the odds and used cars in spain are probably generally about 30% higher prices than they were / are in the UK
Cheers, you’re a gent! I’m in no rush, I still have the Citroen & realistically I won’t be over until the New Year so I can pick it all up then…. In a “perfect world” I’d love a GT3. Aim high right! Lol

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Cheers, you’re a gent! I’m in no rush, I still have the Citroen & realistically I won’t be over until the New Year so I can pick it all up then…. In a “perfect world” I’d love a GT3. Aim high right! Lol
yes about 250,000 euros high ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm hearing first UK flipped car on sale for £105k. Anyone seen anything?
A few months ago I read someone saying on another forum that they and a friend have done a deal with a (non-Lotus) dealer to sell their two cars for £105k each. I believe that's the origin of many of the rumours. Not seen any evidence of them actually being advertised or sold at that level yet.

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A few months ago I read someone saying on another forum that they and a friend have done a deal with a (non-Lotus) dealer to sell their two cars for £105k each. I believe that's the origin of many of the rumours. Not seen any evidence of them actually being advertised or sold at that level yet.
I'm told this one was at a Lotus dealership, collected then put on the market with the same dealer a few days later!?! It's yellow from the photos I've seen, which were at said dealership but nothing on them showing it as up for sale. I've no reason to doubt the person with the info though as he is a good guy.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm told this one was at a Lotus dealership, collected then put on the market with the same dealer a few days later!?! It's yellow from the photos I've seen, which were at said dealership but nothing on them showing it as up for sale. I've no reason to doubt the person with the info though as he is a good guy.

Central lotus mentioned on another thread @105k