Trading in current car for Emira (UK)

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Moderator edit: copied from another thread to create a new topic.

The Lotus trade in is horrific, its thousands behind even WBAC.
@TomE Maybe we should set up a trade-in forum topic on here...for all those struggling with the continued patience required to wait for an Emira you might just be offering a highly suitable alternative.

Getting back to the topic I can happily reveal that I secured my financing before the full market reaction to Trussonomics kicked in...unsecured personal loans the way to go (half the price of a new mortgage in the UK and less than a third of where secured car lending is ending up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@TomE Maybe we should set up a trade-in forum topic on here...for all those struggling with the continued patience required to wait for an Emira you might just be offering a highly suitable alternative.

Getting back to the topic I can happily reveal that I secured my financing before the full market reaction to Trussonomics kicked in...unsecured personal loans the way to go (half the price of a new mortgage in the UK and less than a third of where secured car lending is ending up)
Good plan. I'd defo be interested in someones trade in 981 Spyder at 60k cheers 😅

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New thread created for UK people to discuss whether they are trading in with the Lotus scheme or other routes such as WBAC, Motorway or direct to a dealer. For Lotus and non-Lotus trade ins.

If you want to advertise your car to forum members, please post in Marketplace rather than in this thread.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Note the Lotus scheme is run by BCA, who are also handling UK PDI, delivery of new Emiras and collection of trade ins.

VTECMatt

Reaction score
GT4 market has taken a hit in the last 6 months, personal opinion, but I think it is going to drop further over next 6 months. Whats the spec on yours? What trade in they giving? They seem very spec sensitive.

I think given your situation you are on a lose/lose situation not sure I’d stick with the Emira or I’d take it and flip it on.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
GT4 market has taken a hit in the last 6 months, personal opinion, but I think it is going to drop further over next 6 months. Whats the spec on yours? What trade in they giving? They seem very spec sensitive.

I think given your situation you are on a lose/lose situation not sure I’d stick with the Emira or I’d take it and flip it on.

It's a pretty full spec

2016 sapphire blue
18k mls
Carbon folding buckets
Heated seats (rare!)
Sport chrono
Extended leather
Stitching and seatbelts in guards red
Porsche Dynamic lights
Carbon interior pack
Porsche sound upgrade
Cruise control
Passenger footwell net
Wheels in gloss black
Gt4 decals

Lotus are offering 55k, trade offers are 60k

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's a pretty full spec

2016 sapphire blue
18k mls
Carbon folding buckets
Heated seats (rare!)
Sport chrono
Extended leather
Porsche Dynamic lights
Carbon interior pack
Porsche sound upgrade
Cruise control
Passenger footwell net
Wheels in gloss black
Gt4 decals

Too bad you aren’t US based :D I’d buy that.

VTECMatt

Reaction score
It's a pretty full spec

2016 sapphire blue
18k mls
Carbon folding buckets
Heated seats (rare!)
Sport chrono
Extended leather
Porsche Dynamic lights
Carbon interior pack
Porsche sound upgrade
Cruise control
Passenger footwell net
Wheels in gloss black
Gt4 decals

What you hoping for? Spec looks good, 55k is taking the pee. You tried Motorway cars?

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've got it up at 64950
If you're struggling to sell it for £65k then a £60k dealer offer sounds fairly reasonable. By the time they warrantee it and spend the money on prep and advertising, plus the unpredictable market we're in, I think a (max) £5k gross margin is fair.

The spec is great and folding/heated buckets are super rare on the GT4 but selling a car for over £60k as a private sale is always a tough one. People just love the flexibility of PX, finance and warrantee that comes via a dealer purchase. Selling to the trade is always going to hurt the wallet unfortunately and is a bitter pill I've had to swallow myself many times.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you're struggling to sell it for £65k then a £60k dealer offer sounds fairly reasonable. By the time they warrantee it and spend the money on prep and advertising, plus the unpredictable market we're in, I think a (max) £5k gross margin is fair.

The spec is great and folding/heated buckets are super rare on the GT4 but selling a car for over £60k as a private sale is always a tough one. People just love the flexibility of PX, finance and warrantee that comes via a dealer purchase. Selling to the trade is always going to hurt the wallet unfortunately and is a bitter pill I've had to swallow myself many times.
Yes a dealer should be able to sell for a lilttle more than private. Tbf it's sold once for nearly 70 a few months ago but the guy failed finance 🤦
I spoke to them yesterday and they seemed to think the salesman dealing with it had gotten an offer Friday afternoon but he wasn't there and they didn't know how much

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes a dealer should be able to sell for a lilttle more than private. Tbf it's sold once for nearly 70 a few months ago but the guy failed finance 🤦
I spoke to them yesterday and they seemed to think the salesman dealing with it had gotten an offer Friday afternoon but he wasn't there and they didn't know how much
Sorry, I didn't realise you had it on SOR! Fingers crossed the Friday offer is a good one 👍🏻.

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
New thread created for UK people to discuss whether they are trading in with the Lotus scheme or other routes such as WBAC, Motorway or direct to a dealer. For Lotus and non-Lotus trade ins.

If you want to advertise your car to forum members, please post in Marketplace rather than in this thread.
Struggling to find "Marketplace"?? Anyone point me in the right direction? Ta