Emira insurance in the US

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Moderator note: copied from another thread to split this topic out into a new thread

Well it's been fun. One problem with making people wait is that old "buyer's remorse" kicks in and we come to our senses..:) I priced out insurance here in Calif. and good coverage would run me $4k per year. That combined with sparse parts/service and only a 2 year warranty helped make my decision easier. Good luck to all you who manage to wait it out, I'm sure you will enjoy the car. I'm just not gunna be one of you. Cheers I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Well it's been fun. One problem with making people wait is that old "buyer's remorse" kicks in and we come to our senses..:) I priced out insurance here in Calif. and good coverage would run me $4k per year. That combined with sparse parts/service and only a 2 year warranty helped make my decision easier. Good luck to all you who manage to wait it out, I'm sure you will enjoy the car. I'm just not gunna be one of you. Cheers I'm out.
Which insurance did you quote?

Bigred911s1

Reaction score
California isn’t exactly the best state to use as an example for insurance quotes. Everything is so much more expensive there.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
AAA, been with them for 25years and I can count on them to treat me right if I have a claim..:)
Thanks for sharing. They tend to be on the expensive side of things. I've used GEICo so far but haven't had any accidents or situations to asses if they are bad.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
AAA, been with them for 25years and I can count on them to treat me right if I have a claim..:)
Sad to see you cancel.
But if you change your mind look into
Haggerty
I have my Evora and Cayman insured with them full comprehensive at stated value
$2,270 a year for both

OP
Pops68

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My R8 insurance in NY state was $1,900 to add on to our Progressive policy with my wife's Tesla. Cali insurance sounds crazy expensive 😯
I had to get stated value collector's ins. on my Pantera. It was still expensive. Don't you guys pay a lot for registration back there? I thought I read that one o' the states back there was outrageous? They manage to get us one way or another it seems like.

OP
Pops68

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sad to see you cancel.
But if you change your mind look into
Haggerty
I have my Evora and Cayman insured with them full comprehensive at stated value
$2,270 a year for both
Wow full comp? That's pretty good! Only problem with me leaving is I've bundled my home and cars and the last time I looked at changing the difference wasn't big enough to make it worthwhile..:(

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Bummer. If you're a homeowner and have another vehicle, then contact your insurance company for your home. You can usually add it and it's cheaper as an add-on, especially if you're insuring more than one vehicle.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Bummer. If you're a homeowner and have another vehicle, then contact your insurance company for your home. You can usually add it and it's cheaper as an add-on, especially if you're insuring more than one vehicle.
Agree. I'm not expecting more than 150 per month

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had to get stated value collector's ins. on my Pantera. It was still expensive. Don't you guys pay a lot for registration back there? I thought I read that one o' the states back there was outrageous? They manage to get us one way or another it seems like.
8% tax when you register, the the $75 or so annual.

OP
Pops68

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah believe it or not I'm already "bundled"! I'm paying about $2500 for a '22 Aviator and a '15Chevy Silverado. For whatever reason they ain't passin' out no discounts on an Emira...:(

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm in SoCal. Even if you don't get an Emira, I would recommend looking into Wawanesa for insurance. I have been with them for 20+ years and have never found anyone that can beat their rates. My F80 M3 is costing me 1340/yr as a daily driver, not as a second car. Really good coverage, I am not bundling (long story why I don't have my homeowners with them, but nothing bad due on them - my rates would be lower if I had my homeowners with them as well). I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm in SoCal. Even if you don't get an Emira, I would recommend looking into Wawanesa for insurance. I have been with them for 20+ years and have never found anyone that can beat their rates. My F80 M3 is costing me 1340/yr as a daily driver, not as a second car. Really good coverage, I am not bundling (long story why I don't have my homeowners with them, but nothing bad due on them - my rates would be lower if I had my homeowners with them as well). I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just a satisfied customer.
I pay 1,600 for my Macan S with Geico. It will cost an additional $2K to add an Emira (5K miles a year); $3,600 for both cars. Seems high. Will check them out along with other one’s recommended here.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wow, insurance is much cheaper In the UK, about £500 for me, finally something we don't get raped on!
Damn that’s inexpensive.
But before I changed I was paying $3,600.00 for the two cars now that was definitely being raped 😂
In US agreed value is value you choose and if car is totaled you get the full replacement amount

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I pay 1,600 for my Macan S with Geico. It will cost an additional $2K to add an Emira (5K miles a year); $3,600 for both cars. Seems high. Will check them out along with other one’s recommended here.
The $2270 is both cars and unlimited mileage. It falls under recreational and not for business use

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The $2270 is both cars and unlimited mileage. It falls under recreational and not for business use
I put my daily drivers under my normal home/auto policy to keep costs down, and then any fun cars I insure through Grundy Auto Insurance under a collector cars insurance stated value policy. You can still drive them as much as you want, it just requires you to have a different daily driver. I probably pay like $400 a year for cars around $70K of stated value.