Emira Insurance UK

Ian C

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get a quote yet ? I tried one company today and the car is still not listed

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have a quote through a broker, lloyds insurer called equity red star

Not cheap because I have not owned a car in the uk for over 25 years, 1,100 gbp for the year with 1,000 excess. This is part of a two car deal along with a Tesla model Y that I will receive end of June. The Lotus is actually cheaper than the Tesla

boozyjay

Reaction score
My broker has quoted £895.00 fully comp, car kept outside, 3 named drivers including myself. I have protected NCB.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I tried to speak to Manning's to get a speculative quote but got told that at my age, they'd need me to own the car for a year before they'd be able to help. So I'm now going to wait til the first cars come out and see what I can find on the comparison sites

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Adrian Flux is my normal go to for fast cars, not called yet though.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get a quote yet ? I tried one company today and the car is still not listed
Yes, I tried about 8 companies recommended by Club Lotus. They need a number plate (this is a bit tricky as not built yet), and they can't give a quote till 28 days before collection. So no, not had a quote, as don't know a collection date.

EM12AAM

Reaction score
The Emira is now listed on comparethemarket.com. Oddly I am able to get a quote from Admiral via that website but not directly. Only quoted for 3,000 miles per year with access to other cars but it was substantially under £500 fully comp (no tracker).

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Confused.com also have the Emira listed, but both confused and comparethemarket only have the V6 manual to choose at the moment, so no good for me as I have ordered auto. Hopefully, the auto will get added soon.
Prices for me are coming out where I expected them at around £500 (20+ years NCB). My Evora 410 Sport was £320 last year (worth about £20K less than the Emira) and there will no doubt be some price inflation to factor in. I appreciate that insurance is priced according to your personal circumstances and varies according to multiple factors.
Prices may come down a little as more insurers add the Emira.
The main thing is that the price is within budget expectations, which is always a good place to be!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Confused.com also have the Emira listed, but both confused and comparethemarket only have the V6 manual to choose at the moment, so no good for me as I have ordered auto. Hopefully, the auto will get added soon.
Prices for me are coming out where I expected them at around £500 (20+ years NCB). My Evora 410 Sport was £320 last year (worth about £20K less than the Emira) and there will no doubt be some price inflation to factor in. I appreciate that insurance is priced according to your personal circumstances and varies according to multiple factors.
Prices may come down a little as more insurers add the Emira.
The main thing is that the price is within budget expectations, which is always a good place to be!
Great information, much appreciated.👍

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I tried compare the market, good postcode no accidents, claims, no points ,10 years no claims, over 50….. no provider would offer a quote 😭

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tried compare the market, good postcode no accidents, claims, no points ,10 years no claims, over 50….. no provider would offer a quote 😭
How strange. Same criteria as me (age, NCB etc) and even in the same part of the country. Have you tried confused.com?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, same here. I called 8 companies, all said can't give a quote until 28 days before collection. Who knows when that will be? I dont think anyone on this forum knows.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes, same here. I called 8 companies, all said can't give a quote until 28 days before collection. Who knows when that will be? I dont think anyone on this forum knows.
Phew, for a minute thought I was a bad risk or the lack of a tracker..

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Just tried this myself (using a nominal start date of 10th August) as previous "estimates" on insurance were £350-400 using an Evora GT410 Sport valued at £85,000 as a marker. Changing the car to the Emira FE V6 manual returns offers from 7 or 8 companies at around £600-650. New vehicles with no history for the insurance companies to draw data on are always going to be overpriced for the first year to hedge their bets, I'm getting the same issue trying to get quotes for a motorcycle that I'm getting soon that is also new to the market.
I'm OK with the prices being quoted and pretty sure that they will come to more closely reflect the Evora quotes at renewal time.
Edit* this is with no tracker required which is just as well as I didn't spec one

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just tried this myself (using a nominal start date of 10th August) as previous "estimates" on insurance were £350-400 using an Evora GT410 Sport valued at £85,000 as a marker. Changing the car to the Emira FE V6 manual returns offers from 7 or 8 companies at around £600-650. New vehicles with no history for the insurance companies to draw data on are always going to be overpriced for the first year to hedge their bets, I'm getting the same issue trying to get quotes for a motorcycle that I'm getting soon that is also new to the market.
I'm OK with the prices being quoted and pretty sure that they will come to more closely reflect the Evora quotes at renewal time.
Edit* this is with no tracker required which is just as well as I didn't spec one
Which website did you use?