For those moaning about Emira review

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is Evo on the Mclaren Artura test ride/review

Evo reviewer had issues ,,,,,,, "Unfortunately, the launch cars were beset with software problems -- all of which they say will be solved for customer deliveries -- and a few mechanical failures too, one of which led me to evacuate the car in a hurry on the track."

Many reports of track Marshalls using fire extinguishers in the engine bay. Apparently, all the test cars had the oil coolers changed overnight after the first-day test.

The Emira is first class by comparison, lol.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a 540 for a weekend and it also had electrical issues. Shame they haven’t got on top of this yet. At least mine didn’t catch fire 🔥

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Evo reviewer had issues ,,,,,,, "Unfortunately, the launch cars were beset with software problems -- all of which they say will be solved for customer deliveries -- and a few mechanical failures too, one of which led me to evacuate the car in a hurry on the track."

Many reports of track Marshalls using fire extinguishers in the engine bay. Apparently, all the test cars had the oil coolers changed overnight after the first-day test.

Jeez you would have thought Mclaren would have sorted their cars NOT setting on fire by now!

As you say makes the 'unreliable' Lotus look positively saintly in comparison

OP
roundincircles

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Jeez you would have thought Mclaren would have sorted their cars NOT setting on fire by now!

As you say makes the 'unreliable' Lotus look positively saintly in comparison
It's the incompetence of the highest order by the management......it's basic project management. it may be challenging, but essential development is clearly not being managed.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

He also pulled out a Ferrari 296 GTB, a car that costs 6-figures more and has much more power and pulled another "surely we can't compare these..." and then compared them anyway in the key takeaway when he was saying the McLaren wasn't enough fun on the road, and the Ferrari was.

Felt like another GT4 moment.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
He also pulled out a Ferrari 296 GTB, a car that costs 6-figures more and has much more power and pulled another "surely we can't compare these..." and then compared them anyway in the key takeaway when he was saying the McLaren wasn't enough fun on the road, and the Ferrari was.

Felt like another GT4 moment.
It's just what they do now. Its all about performance and handling ability no matter the costs.
Look at the group tests they always compare everything from 30k up to 3 million!
I think they do it to make interesting comparisons first and foremost, but to also appeal to the masses/subscribers no matter how big or small their wallet. That way there is something for everyone and its nice to see your 30k car compared to the Giants. As well as humbling a few giants along the way and everyone likes an underdog hey