Exhaust Options Index

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does track mode actually turn the ESC all the way off. I know it says ESC off but other cars I've been in show that but really the car is in a tuned ESC mode for Track not actually full disabled unless you do another procedure to actually turn it off.

Track mode does not, but there are actually four settings: Tour, Sport, Track and Off.

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So everyone will have their personal preferences here…I personally find it extremely obnoxious when there’s a car going down the road that’s not supposed to sound the way it does. But when it’s appropriate for the car and doesn’t sound artificial (like a buddies AMG GT) it’s great. Which of the mods (if any) are most appropriate for improvement/more volume without anyone suspecting it’s anything but stock?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So everyone will have their personal preferences here…I personally find it extremely obnoxious when there’s a car going down the road that’s not supposed to sound the way it does. But when it’s appropriate for the car and doesn’t sound artificial (like a buddies AMG GT) it’s great. Which of the mods (if any) are most appropriate for improvement/more volume without anyone suspecting it’s anything but stock?

If that's the case we should put the stock Camry exhaust back on the 2GR-FE.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Basically every time you let fully off the throttle and coast in gear you get gurgles and pops for a brief moment. Nothing insane and inside definitely sounds tame. I wouldn't call it obnoxious at all but I need my wife to drive the car and me follow her to see what it's like for the outside perspective.
I think the stock exhaust also does this to some extent, but as a rally fan, I don't mind a bit of exaggerated gurgle-pop-crackle on overrun. I realise it isn't for everyone, so would love to hear impressions on what the ERF (eye-roll factor) is on this particular setup. In my opinion, you get a much higher ERF from exhausts that just blart out noise as loud as possible...

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. From the videos I've watched, I noticed the Eventuri intakes add a nice hint of growl to the cars they've been installed on, as well as an actual improvement in torque and power. It's not overt or obnoxious.

As for exhausts, I've yet heard one I'd install. The aftermarket tends to want louder and a deeper tone, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for. If I get anything, it needs to be something that won't trigger the HOA nazi's in the subdivision as I'm driving out to the main road.

I'm waiting to hear GRP's titanium exhaust. I would really like the weight reduction, but would also want more of a snarl than a roar.

There's also this to consider:

Depending on which state you live in, and how aggressive they are at checking things, this could have an affect on aftermarket mods too.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s any exhaust coming from Valvetronic? I remember heard one from evora and it was simply amazing

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Basically every time you let fully off the throttle and coast in gear you get gurgles and pops for a brief moment. Nothing insane and inside definitely sounds tame. I wouldn't call it obnoxious at all but I need my wife to drive the car and me follow her to see what it's like for the outside perspective.
However, if you want to be a child, with the lightest tap of your foot on the throttle on over run the pops and bubbles continue for ever! 😂

Stiffarm

Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. From the videos I've watched, I noticed the Eventuri intakes add a nice hint of growl to the cars they've been installed on, as well as an actual improvement in torque and power. It's not overt or obnoxious.

As for exhausts, I've yet heard one I'd install. The aftermarket tends to want louder and a deeper tone, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for. If I get anything, it needs to be something that won't trigger the HOA nazi's in the subdivision as I'm driving out to the main road.

I'm waiting to hear GRP's titanium exhaust. I would really like the weight reduction, but would also want more of a snarl than a roar.

There's also this to consider:

Depending on which state you live in, and how aggressive they are at checking things, this could have an affect on aftermarket mods too.
The EPA ain't down here checking cars in the south... just sayin.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those who are interested how the Larini exhaust looks like, Komo-Tec has published fotos:

Haven‘t seen them elsewhere yet, even Larini website doesn‘t show how the exhaust looks like.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those who are interested how the Larini exhaust looks like, Komo-Tec has published fotos:

Haven‘t seen them elsewhere yet, even Larini website doesn‘t show how the exhaust looks like.

you need to email Larini and they will direct you to a USA supplier

this is the link i got https://www.blackwatchracing.com/category-s/61.htm

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
There’s any exhaust coming from Valvetronic? I remember heard one from evora and it was simply amazing

I was just looking for this exact comment. Given the similarities to Emira and Evora, it seems likely Valvetronic would want to step up and create the same F1 style setup for the Emira. It's probably one of the more unique sounding exhaust systems for the Evora IMO.

Additional notes: It's quite terrifying how they can make a Toyota engine sound like this. Not sure if its my cup of tea or not, but it definitely draws attention.

Video link added for reference:

OP
Gprodigy

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just looking for this exact comment. Given the similarities to Emira and Evora, it seems likely Valvetronic would want to step up and create the same F1 style setup for the Emira. It's probably one of the more unique sounding exhaust systems for the Evora IMO.

Additional notes: It's quite terrifying how they can make a Toyota engine sound like this. Not sure if its my cup of tea or not, but it definitely draws attention.

People have contacted them but no one has confirmed if they are making one.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m curious if the different manufacturer CAT delete pipes sound different from each other or if they’re generically the same shape and sound.

I really doubt they sound different. only so much you can do with a slightly bent pipe ~1 foot long

OP
Gprodigy

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I really doubt they sound different. only so much you can do with a slightly bent pipe ~1 foot long
Thinking the same.

Larini
6101-001-Katersatzrohr-2GR-Emira-1_600x600.jpg

GRP
img_8869-photoroom-png.34579

Reactions: GRP

hellasf1

Reaction score
Great thread! Exactly what I was looking for! Still waiting on my Emira should be soon hopefully as I believe it’s at the port.

When looking at all these systems it seems to me the Milltek has the fastest exhaust exit when value is completely open as it bypass the box and exits on left pipe only. For example if you look at the design of the others they all seem to still go through the box to exit. Am I wrong?

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Have they told you if they are developing one?

I take this opportunity to ask, I have a handmade exhaust with valve control and it sounds quite good, but that car gives me the sensation of having more decibels. Could it be that it does not have catalysts or that the exhaust includes the manifold area?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great thread! Exactly what I was looking for! Still waiting on my Emira should be soon hopefully as I believe it’s at the port.

When looking at all these systems it seems to me the Milltek has the fastest exhaust exit when value is completely open as it bypass the box and exits on left pipe only. For example if you look at the design of the others they all seem to still go through the box to exit. Am I wrong?

larini and GRP also do that. maybe more

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I guess I am not seeing it from the exterior design and location of the control.
When the valve is open our exhaust exits through both larger free flowing pipes outside of the muffler box -- creating a straight pipe type setup. It sounds pretty killer! Weather has prohibited getting good video clips but hopefully next week we can get the shop car out and get some done.

Here is my quick paint drawing of the exhaust flow --
Red is with valve open
Yellow is with valve closed
25b6b841-1d2b-4b6c-a6da-a736769d298c-Photoroom_3.png

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts