• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Duncx

Reaction score
Interesting - they've driven it all the way to Ladybower reservoir (40ish miles) for the photos, must have been a nice little 'jolly' for one of the salesmen ;)

1679253444630.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The photographer is a member on here 👋

He had a great day out driving the car and taking the pictures for the dealership.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Magma price slashed by £5.5k wasn’t someone looking for a red one ?
Sellers reducing prices, could be a buyers market soon as people want to offload and not risk being stuck with car for months on autotrader.
Surprised the green on hasn’t gone
43698C4B-118F-43CC-B134-AB1655C20945.jpeg

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
anyone trying to sell at over £85k must be a bit worried just now

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes it was me looking for one. The owner said he wouldn’t take less than £84k so I’ve just put a deposit on another one!
Oh good stuff are you collecting soon …… have you gone for same colour Magma ? what interior have you plumbed for

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
some owners not keeping long used one with 1700 miles up for grabs at Synter Select at Northampton- verdant with tan leather wonder what traded against ….
B4D83248-E727-4674-B46A-A225E8D22A57.jpeg

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Flippers - start crying! No sympathy.
Flippers don't buy Lotus! They have always depreciated heavily and have never been an "overs" car brand. Hence the Emira now available on Autotrader "under list"
Add the high interest rate and not many cars available to "flip" apart from GT Porsche and rare Ferraris.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Flippers don't buy Lotus! They have always depreciated heavily and have never been an "overs" car brand. Hence the Emira now available on Autotrader "under list"
Add the high interest rate and not many cars available to "flip" apart from GT Porsche and rare Ferraris.
Lotus usually have a very slow depreciation compared to most comparable sports cars and think the same will happen with the Emira. Imagine it will be very similar dep curve to a Porsche cayman GTS 4.0.

But yes, the last 2 years where basically everything went for overs has well and truly ended.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes it's over but I do think the low depreciation on the evora was due to low production numbers there I already more emira for sale than evora?

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Lotus usually have a very slow depreciation compared to most comparable sports cars and think the same will happen with the Emira. Imagine it will be very similar dep curve to a Porsche cayman GTS 4.0.

But yes, the last 2 years where basically everything went for overs has well and truly ended.
There is the initial depreciation and then they keep reasonable money. Thats because they are low numbers. The Emira will not be low numbers, that's the worry.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Yes it's over but I do think the low depreciation on the evora was due to low production numbers there I already more emira for sale than evora?
Agreed, and the number is rising daily. There are move Emiras for sale now than Cayman 4.0 GTS and that car is 3 yrs old.

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You guys forget there a lot more demand for the emiras than evoras

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed, and the number is rising daily. There are move Emiras for sale now than Cayman 4.0 GTS and that car is 3 yrs old.
??????

Where did you get that number from? - Auto trader alone has 24 Emira's versus 39 Cayman GTS or 65 GT4's which are supposedly even more rare.

The test drive cars were always going to come to market, I was told during my test drive that was the Lotus plan to keep the Demo car's fresh.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts