Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
So many price "analysis"...mostly crystal balls. Common people, it's a car. Use it and accept whatever the secondary market outcome is. And the primary too because we will not change Lotus pricing practices.

emiralust

Reaction score
For ease of reading, I'll respond in Italic! ;)

I don't know what you found so frustrating about my reply, or what motive you think I'd have for bashing the price considering I have one on order!! I would love to see it sell for £100k never said this as many others seem to think will happen....but it won't

The only data you need is the open market, and if they are not selling then they are overpriced. This has nothing to do with my comment stopping people from spreading false information about red v yellow price but ok. Cars have sold too.

My comment on data was not related to your own comment on data/colour. It was my suggestion that you use the data from the market. I have, mine is the best price on there

Obviously there are seasonal good/bad times to sell but we're coming into Spring now, tracks are opening back up and the motor season's starting again. Why the “but”? That’s Exactly what I was saying, season is starting to change and you’re talking like it’s already June this is very early.

Because we are already at the start of the seasonal 'sports car buying window' . I've been watching other sports cars in the same price bracket sell very quickly and they're not in limited supply. But yet the same 20 odd Emiras are still there.... probably all used cars now way under original price

The fact that you can't 'yet' sell yours for £82k says all you need to know.

The fact that you've advertised it for £82990 instead of £83k is surely rounding down what you actually want....?
And the reality is that anyone going private rather than the dealer route is looking for the cheapest deal and will still press you for £82k anyway....which I believe you would take considering the lack of 'genuine' buyers at your previous price; and based on the closely priced dealer cars who can offer easy finance and PX. I had genuine buyers

Also, I'm not some sort of imbecile that's never sold a car privately. I've just sold one of my own cars on the weekend and have had the exact same time wasters sending me messages asking me every question under the sun just to follow it up with some bullsh@t excuse to get back to you.

You are missing the point here....Finance is available to anyone, you don't need a dealer, there are plenty of finance companies for this. And if you are a cash buyer then of course you'll buy off the person with the best car for the best price but that's not relevant to your 'interested buyers' who 'wanted' the car but couldn't afford finance... my finance comment was a very very minor point, and yes like i said cash buyer benefits from low private seller not high dealer+interest

That sort of question in itself should tell you how interested these potential buyers are in your car :ROFLMAO: exactly, out of 20 people and 9000 advert views you get some people like this which is fine

The information from Autotrader is based on listed cars that subsequently sold still only inflation

If you want to talk about 'missing information' then you'd better do more research. You'll find earlier posts with screenshots of WBAC offering £67k when the first UK cars came to market. Then they shifted to £80k when the greedy flippers and dealers listed them way over odds. And now they've adjusted accordingly. It was £81,110 until 2 weeks ago

I think you'll find they have a fairly sophisticated pricing system based on algorithms in the market. Never said they didn’t

I get it, I probably touched a nerve! I'd certainly be nervous if I ploughed £80k into a car with no intention of keeping it,

I think you’ve got me as the wrong person, obviously not seen any prior posts of mine or on the original forum.

You can gleam as much 'confirmation bias' as you need from the selected comments if that help you feel better about your price and I honestly hope you sell it before the flood gates open......flipping cars is not for the faint hearted! Same as above
Based on what you’ve written you haven’t seen relevant previous posts i’ve made or know my situation so you’re wrongly on an offence against me. I i’d like to stop having to defend myself against arguments not applicable to me or the reason for my sale, it’s literally the cheapest one on there and reasonably priced. I would like to leave that there and move on with my life thanks.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Bloody hell guys …

Give the man a break. Lots has changed in 2yrs. If the chap wants to sell his car then fair enough. He’s not asking daft money at all.

All these delays going to peoples heads. Let’s focus on the day when we can arrange a national meet. It’s a little silly.

None of us are experts. We take snippets of information where we can. Weather is rubbish and interest rates are high. Lots out there at the £80k price bracket and a McLaren or Porsche GT car will always draw a larger audience for the lad or lady who likes cars but aren’t passionate about a brand. When I was younger I literally had a car 6months or less then moved on to feed my habit of wanting the next best thing.

Bring on better weather. Time will tell. Let’s not forget cars are a depreciating asset in the main. The last few yrs like no other and a thought that everything appreciates?

Grumpy

Reaction score
32 Emiras for sale on auto trader this morning !!

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Realistically, if you want one, you are already waiting for your build slot, and all the delays put you in the mindset of "I have already waited 2 years, what's 4 more months". Pair that with the cost of living in the UK and the financial cost of getting the car, they are not going to shift these cars anytime soon.

If I'm being honest, id be happy to see these remain on Autotrader for a few years. So sick of scalpers, from graphics cards, game consoles, trainers, watches and now cars. I hope they take a loss. Leave the product to those who actually want it. Trying to make a quick buck as you happened to be in line before someone else, these people deserve some kind of negative effect for their behaviour. (Of course, some people might have had personal circumstances change over the two years)

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Based on what you’ve written you haven’t seen relevant previous posts i’ve made or know my situation so you’re wrongly on an offence against me. I i’d like to stop having to defend myself against arguments not applicable to me or the reason for my sale, it’s literally the cheapest one on there and reasonably priced. I would like to leave that there and move on with my life thanks.
On the contrary……I have read about your situation on your advert

But as another poster highlighted…’who buys a car they know they can’t afford when they have a wedding and house purchase on the horizon’

Your reply to them, shown here below, pretty much has you bashing the price yourself and admitting to buying it to flip 😂

emiralust said:

On the contrary why on earth wait two years for the car and turn it down knowing you can keep it for 6months and still sell for more than you bought it?? My price is the only sensible price around :) if you have watched the market like I have you’ll realise they aren’t selling for the money everyone is asking for them. Hence only 1 gone from auto trader in a month. Good luck listing at the dealer prices as a private seller OR on consignment and getting more than £2k back. Sorry for putting a reasonable price 😂

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
23 Emira’s any prospective buyers want to hold out and give it a few more weeks - sellers will panic 😧 especially people with 72 regs as the 23 regs come on the price undercutting is already happening almost daily now.
A nice 23 plate DV 👇 at good price point

D549468A-0DD5-4726-B9F7-4B83EFA0BA49.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
June build and can’t wait ! Pricing is still ok and I’m not buying an Emira to flip it or as an investment proposition. Enjoy the ride and pleased to see the positive posts coming back into the forum from lucky owners
Thats perfect. If I was in a position of never having to think about selling the car, like the Caterham I am awaiting, then I would maybe feel the same way.
Do you know if you have to pay the higher price? Ive not followed in a while how that ended up... I hope you dont, but as you said, if you are looking to keep it for 10 years plus, then not a big deal.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
23 Emira’s any prospective buyers want to hold out and give it a few more weeks - sellers will panic 😧 especially people with 72 regs as the 23 regs come on the price undercutting is already happening almost daily now.
A nice 23 place DV 👇 at good price point

View attachment 23847
That is a good price there, but I dont want black.. haha.
Yeh, prices have to come down now and approx 80-82 is current value and I cant see why a dealer, unless offering a great finance deal, should be charging more than private for a new car under warranty and less than 500 miles hence unlikely any accidents etc.
Will be interesting to see what happens after the price rise, but I dont think it will do much... I repeat, the cars will be below 75 by year end and I would bet my hat on it. I guess this one will be gone within a week and they will IMO accept 82 .. 82,500 max

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Truly hope that all those seeking for a quick financial profit do very poorly and feel some anxiety through the process. No sympathy for their tactics. Only for those that have true changes in financial or personal circumstances.

emiralust

Reaction score
On the contrary……I have read about your situation on your advert

But as another poster highlighted…’who buys a car they know they can’t afford when they have a wedding and house purchase on the horizon’

Your reply to them, shown here below, pretty much has you bashing the price yourself and admitting to buying it to flip 😂

emiralust said:

On the contrary why on earth wait two years for the car and turn it down knowing you can keep it for 6months and still sell for more than you bought it?? My price is the only sensible price around :) if you have watched the market like I have you’ll realise they aren’t selling for the money everyone is asking for them. Hence only 1 gone from auto trader in a month. Good luck listing at the dealer prices as a private seller OR on consignment and getting more than £2k back. Sorry for putting a reasonable price 😂
Omg you’re actually obsessed. Just go and live your life and leave me alone it’s embarrassing. I could have sold the car instantly for £83k but wanted to drive it a bit after waiting 2 years. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH. Just do one seriously.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Omg you’re actually obsessed. Just go and live your life and leave me alone it’s embarrassing. I could have sold the car instantly for £83k but wanted to drive it a bit after waiting 2 years. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH. Just do one seriously.
Make your mind up. First you accuse me of commenting on your situation without enough knowledge but then when I present you with the information to back up my comments, you call me obsessed :ROFLMAO:

I hope you thoroughly 'enjoyed' your 300 miles of running in the Emira. It really stands to reason that you would take delivery of it for such extensive use....and you're clearly not in it for the money 😉

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Any of my own comments are not meant to abuse anyone.

How's your experience been with trying to sell?
It’s not sold so as yet not good! It’s only been a week and with the worst weather etc not ideal selling conditions. However as everyone is watching Autotrader keenly not much has sold!

I went down the dealer route just for ease and have used them before.

Will post my full experience at some point but need to calm down from the simply shocking Lotus dealings/handover etc 😬

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s not sold so as yet not good! It’s only been a week and with the worst weather etc not ideal selling conditions. However as everyone is watching Autotrader keenly not much has sold!

I went down the dealer route just for ease and have used them before.

Will post my full experience at some point but need to calm down from the simply shocking Lotus dealings/handover etc 😬
Have you had a load of time wasters?.....Some private sellers say they have had little interest and others say they are inundated with people (who don't end up buying), so it seems like a strange divide 🧐

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Have you had a load of time wasters?.....Some private sellers say they have had little interest and others say they are inundated with people (who don't end up buying), so it seems like a strange divide 🧐
To be honest I have no idea! I let the dealer deal with it all. That’s how he earns his commission. Tyre kickers or dreamers drive you mad when selling privately. I also don’t really want to know unless someone makes a real offer then he can call me. Of course everyone is different and may want to know, I just prefer to only get involved when the deal is on the line.