• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To be honest I have no idea! I let the dealer deal with it all. That’s how he earns his commission. Tyre kickers or dreamers drive you mad when selling privately. I also don’t really want to know unless someone makes a real offer then he can call me. Of course everyone is different and may want to know, I just prefer to only get involved when the deal is on the line.
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment about going the dealer route to mean, for collection of the car, not selling it!!

Best choice to let them have the hassle if you can still make the figures work after their commission (y)

P.S. I look forward to hearing the gory details of the Lotus experience once you're in the right frame of mind!

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I find it interesting that Endeavour Essex are selling their demo with 3.5K miles on it for above what it would cost to order than spec now (inc price rise). I mean, I've driven that car and would have been tempted at some level of saving beneath list, but this is one that will have been driven by many, many people attempting to discover what the car is all about. That and it has hte ice grey interior which has had many, many pairs of jeans on it by now

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Endeavour Essex are selling their demo with 3.5K miles on it for above what it would cost to order than spec now (inc price rise). I mean, I've driven that car and would have been tempted at some level of saving beneath list, but this is one that will have been driven by many, many people attempting to discover what the car is all about. That and it has hte ice grey interior which has had many, many pairs of jeans on it by now
Can’t see the demos shifting at these prices especially when you can get a car with hardly any mileage on cheaper. Not sure 🤔 if everyone is similar to me but I would never buy a demo full stop just don’t like the thought 💭 of hundreds of people driving the car thrashing them
- ( maybe not so much allowed at Lotus ) however imagine if these cars were put up cheaper than list - then not so good for the other 18 used cars listed.
Maybe when sun ☀️ comes out these 18 will start selling ( considering price rise )

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
25 ………… must be expecting a rush on them - think the sellers need to be prepared to have their cash tied up into months not weeks as that is how long some have been for sale now. ….
Looks like Lotus dealers are actively get involved now in taking new cars off peoples hand with delivery mileage - although don’t believe they were offering anything over RRP

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Seems to be 2 new Emiras a day at the moment.

Difficult to work out who the sellers are and why they are proceeding through checkout if they don’t want the car.

Presumably most are flippers, but seems a risk buying an £80k car for say a £2k profit after dealer markups.

I’m sure there are a few maybe “change of circumstances people”, but again surely most would just ask for their deposit back before going through checkout, especially if it’s a change in financial circumstances.

I still think the Emira will hold its value very well compared to most and expect it to find its place soon, once the flippers have left the market in the next few months and price increases kick in.

AndySXV

Reaction score
I think anyone getting close to check out who is undecided or thinking of flipping needs to look at the current market and how many/how slowly cars are selling. No one is flipping fast and making money with the Emira.

As regards sales and resale value, the biggest problem are these forums, for every positive word you get from Harry or Shmee etc, theres a 1000 angry voices moaning about wait times, bad comms, how shit Lotus are, how shit the dealers are, how many problems there are with new cars, price increases, Germans taking Lotus to court etc etc.

If you were looking for a new car, had £80-£90k to spend and came to this forum would you buy an Emira?

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think anyone getting close to check out who is undecided or thinking of flipping needs to look at the current market and how many/how slowly cars are selling. No one is flipping fast and making money with the Emira.

As regards sales and resale value, the biggest problem are these forums, for every positive word you get from Harry or Shmee etc, theres a 1000 angry voices moaning about wait times, bad comms, how shit Lotus are, how shit the dealers are, how many problems there are with new cars, price increases, Germans taking Lotus to court etc etc.

If you were looking for a new car, had £80-£90k to spend and came to this forum would you buy an Emira?
Totally agree, the positivity of 2021 and in some of 2022 was great.
I’m new to lotus but am still pressing ahead and believe the early build issues will be resolved. It’s a new production line, part hand assembled, bespoke motor car and step change for Lotus after all. Look forward to sharing my V6 Auto experience when it arrives 💥

AndySXV

Reaction score
Totally agree, the positivity of 2021 and in some of 2022 was great.
I’m new to lotus but am still pressing ahead and believe the early build issues will be resolved. It’s a new production line, part hand assembled, bespoke motor car and step change for Lotus after all. Look forward to sharing my V6 Auto experience when it arrives 💥
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve had Lotus for years and pretty much most models. I cancelled my original order and left the forum. Kept looking at the Emira and watching YouTube etc. they will sort the issues and like you say, there’s a lot of new stuff going on. I’ve placed another new order for an auto. Maybe doing a deal tomorrow to take an Emira in px against my Evora GT430. Just got have one while my order comes thru. I’ve had a Exige 350 sport auto and it was amazing, sport mode and auto blips on the down shift was to die for. I was also 2 seconds a lap around Croft than the same manual car!

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve had Lotus for years and pretty much most models. I cancelled my original order and left the forum. Kept looking at the Emira and watching YouTube etc. they will sort the issues and like you say, there’s a lot of new stuff going on. I’ve placed another new order for an auto. Maybe doing a deal tomorrow to take an Emira in px against my Evora GT430. Just got have one while my order comes thru. I’ve had a Exige 350 sport auto and it was amazing, sport mode and auto blips on the down shift was to die for. I was also 2 seconds a lap around Croft than the same manual car!
Excellent news ! I tested an Evora 410 auto and that sold it for me. So you could have 2 Emiras then if they take the Evora?! When I saw and sat in an Emira last May in London that was it.
Look forward to seeing some pics if the deal goes through.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Not sure it is 1000 angry voices or just a few vocal ones that stick around.;)

Last edited:

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For balance guys, this forum represents the small, vocal minority.
There are a LOT of happy Emira customers out there.
I am one of them. Exceptional car. Perfect? Not on your nelly. Awesome package - oh yes.

Ftype

Reaction score
I am one of them. Exceptional car. Perfect? Not on your nelly. Awesome package - oh yes.
You mention it is not perfect ?

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Whilst i pulled my deposit, to add some balance - after 2 test drives, I still thought it was/is a great car and a little part of me is still sad that I didn't go ahead with the purchase.
My real issue was largely that in driving terms it was no better than an Evora 400, so paying a lot of extra money for an Evora in a fancy frock.
I am not concerned about having the newest / latest thing, or a brand new car; I am comfortable with used and so I am pretty sure i will come back to an emira in a year or two, which is why i am hanging around on the forum to see how the feedback from owners develops.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Gotta keep perspective. Many of the people whinging about quality or defects don't have a Lotus at all, and some of those just seem to be insufferable people who thrive on chaos.

Case in point, your reference to posts about Germans and court, which is not a thing. Makes me wonder if some of these people are paid by a negative competitive PR agency, which is a real and increasingly common thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Great to hear ! July can’t come soon enough

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Gotta keep perspective. Many of the people whinging about quality or defects don't have a Lotus at all, and some of those just seem to be insufferable people who thrive on chaos.

Case in point, your reference to posts about Germans and court, which is not a thing. Makes me wonder if some of these people are paid by a negative competitive PR agency, which is a real and increasingly common thing.
That made me laugh !! First world problems indeed

AndySXV

Reaction score
Excellent news ! I tested an Evora 410 auto and that sold it for me. So you could have 2 Emiras then if they take the Evora?! When I saw and sat in an Emira last May in London that was it.
Look forward to seeing some pics if the deal goes through.
The deal is under way, and yes could end up with 2 Emira's! Its the wife's Birthday soon, maybe she would like one?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 40