Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreed, and the number is rising daily. There are move Emiras for sale now than Cayman 4.0 GTS and that car is 3 yrs old.
Yes, but I think that was/is mainly flippers trying to make a quick £. Now overs aren’t being achieved I think only serious buyers will be going through checkout and with that I think a lot less cars will be coming on the market and that will stabilise prices.

With the Evora, yes it was in a lot lower numbers which helps residuals but it also appealed to a far smaller market. On looks alone i think the Emira will hold its value very well, but on top of that it’s a great car.

We will see, it’s all guess work but unfortunately for Lotus the Emira was launched/went into production at possibly the worst time in the last decade, with all sports cars/luxury cars struggling.

Had this been 2 years ago I think we would have seen Emiras 10-15k overs at this point, so the fact it’s not, is not a reflection of the car at all, just the over all market currently.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, but I think that was/is mainly flippers trying to make a quick £. Now overs aren’t being achieved I think only serious buyers will be going through checkout and with that I think a lot less cars will be coming on the market and that will stabilise prices.

With the Evora, yes it was in a lot lower numbers which helps residuals but it also appealed to a far smaller market. On looks alone i think the Emira will hold its value very well, but on top of that it’s a great car.

We will see, it’s all guess work but unfortunately for Lotus the Emira was launched/went into production at possibly the worst time in the last decade, with all sports cars/luxury cars struggling.

Had this been 2 years ago I think we would have seen Emiras 10-15k overs at this point, so the fact it’s not, is not a reflection of the car at all, just the over all market currently.
I couldn't agree more.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
is this thread still here? Okay it is kinda interesting. :ninja:

OMG - Emiras for sale... Who'd have thought it.

Everybody's life has changed in the last 2 1/2 years - one way or another.
  • Possible world war
  • Covid
  • Rising costs
  • Job uncertaintly
  • Stagnant hose prices
  • Interest rates quadrupling
I am surprised there are not more cars for sale!

My own Emira was to be history until I realised how darn good it is.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
??????

Where did you get that number from? - Auto trader alone has 24 Emira's versus 39 Cayman GTS or 65 GT4's which are supposedly even more rare.

The test drive cars were always going to come to market, I was told during my test drive that was the Lotus plan to keep the Demo car's fresh.
Hello Nellie, sorry to correct you but you are wrong. I got that number from Auto trader. Have another look- There are 21 GTS 4.0 for sale. This is the Emira competitor (or supposed to be)
Not the 2.5 GTS (old car) or the GT4 (above the Emira) The GTS 4.0 as I stated in my last post. This the benchmark car that the Emira is up against. Might be worth checking facts first ;)

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score

There were no flippers for the Emira. Flippers is a bit of a grey area anyway. To get any car that you can "flip" you have to spend fortunes at a dealer.
A GT3 which you can (or could of) for £80k over list when they first came out. Anyone cannot just walk in and buy a GT3. They have to have purchased a lot of cars from the dealer. They will always have lost more on all the Cayennes and Macans that they would have had to buy to get an allocation.
The same with Ferrari. You don't just get offered there latest car- Speciale, Pista etc. You would have purchased FF's Portafinos etc and spent probably nearly a million with the dealer to get offered a "special" car.

If after all that time you then decide to sell YOUR CAR you have every right.

Flippers always gets banded around but its BS. You cannot just become a "flipper"

I purchased 2 Emiras. 1 of each engine. Not to Flip. To drive and choose which one was best. I was not intending to make money. There are many better places to invest than Lotus for 18 months plus for the chance to make a few grand.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There were no flippers for the Emira. Flippers is a bit of a grey area anyway. To get any car that you can "flip" you have to spend fortunes at a dealer.
A GT3 which you can (or could of) for £80k over list when they first came out. Anyone cannot just walk in and buy a GT3. They have to have purchased a lot of cars from the dealer. They will always have lost more on all the Cayennes and Macans that they would have had to buy to get an allocation.
The same with Ferrari. You don't just get offered there latest car- Speciale, Pista etc. You would have purchased FF's Portafinos etc and spent probably nearly a million with the dealer to get offered a "special" car.

Flippers always gets banded around but its BS. You cannot just become a "flipper"

I purchased 2 Emiras. 1 of each engine. Not to Flip. To drive and choose which one was best. I was not intending to make money. There are many better places to invest than Lotus for 18 months plus for the chance to make a few grand.
Depends how you define flip.

I was referring to people who went through checkout with no intention of holding onto the car but to make a few grand for their lost time and move on. Whether that be intentional or down to a change in circumstances, they still went ahead with the idea of making a few quid.

I think those people will now been cancelling rather than going through checkout, bringing less cars to the market.

I could be totally wrong and am in no place to preach but just my views on what I think is a fantastic car.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Selling for £83k by the time you have paid your selling fee to your dealer must of been nothing in it - other than relief to offload car 🚗 - but at least shifted, rather than linger for months

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Depends how you define flip.

I was referring to people who went through checkout with no intention of holding onto the car but to make a few grand for their lost time and move on. Whether that be intentional or down to a change in circumstances, they still went ahead with the idea of making a few quid.

I think those people will now been cancelling rather than going through checkout, bringing less cars to the market.

I could be totally wrong and am in no place to preach but just my views on what I think is a fantastic car.
Understand your point but I think generally Flippers are moaned about (mainly on Forums) because they are taking cars off people who want them and selling them purely for profit. That always being their intention from the start.

I do feel (and I am one of them!) that they wanted the Emira but have had (grabs the long list) of bad experiences in the whole process and decides to get out of the car. If the market value is then more than you purchased- fantastic. It is after all your money.
You can go to Lotus today and get a new Emira- there is not a 2 yr wait lists like its been claimed. It may be a canceled order but as they are also now on Auto trader under "list" they will sit at £80k

Duncx

Reaction score
To get any car that you can "flip" you have to spend fortunes at a dealer.
Maybe true for the 'big' money but plenty of people have made a few £K with slightly less exotic (but still special!) cars like the GR Yaris and now the latest GT86. I think there may have been a few people hoping that the Emira demand was going to be like these cars, for a year or so at least.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Selling for £83k by the time you have paid your selling fee to your dealer must of been nothing in it - other than relief to offload car 🚗 - but at least shifted, rather than linger for months
Correct. I watched the market. I was not in it to make money- of course if its offered fantastic. No point waiting ages (like all the other cars for sale) Put it on at the correct money and sell it. Everyone is different but If I don't want something I offer it at the correct price and its gone.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Understand your point but I think generally Flippers are moaned about (mainly on Forums) because they are taking cars off people who want them and selling them purely for profit. That always being their intention from the start.

I do feel (and I am one of them!) that they wanted the Emira but have had (grabs the long list) of bad experiences in the whole process and decides to get out of the car. If the market value is then more than you purchased- fantastic. It is after all your money.
You can go to Lotus today and get a new Emira- there is not a 2 yr wait lists like it’s been claimed. It may be a canceled order but as they are also now on Auto trader under "list" they will sit at £80k
yep, agree and had my circumstances changed I may have done the same but my comments were more on what I expect for Emira residuals rather than talking about what a flipper is. That’s a can of worms in itself!

Under no illusion this will not be an investment and it will lose money, but as cars go, think the Emira should hold up very well.

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
yep, agree and had my circumstances changed I may have done the same but my comments were more on what I expect for Emira residuals rather than talking about what a flipper is. That’s a can of worms in itself!

Under no illusion this will not be an investment and it will lose money, but as cars go, think the Emira should hold up very well.
Agreed, small first hit then should sit well. A very good car (even at the new price!)

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello Nellie, sorry to correct you but you are wrong. I got that number from Auto trader. Have another look- There are 21 GTS 4.0 for sale. This is the Emira competitor (or supposed to be)
Not the 2.5 GTS (old car) or the GT4 (above the Emira) The GTS 4.0 as I stated in my last post. This the benchmark car that the Emira is up against. Might be worth checking facts first ;)
Doh, my bad - did not filter the engine size - where is my humble pie 🥧 🤔:D

However the 4.0 GTS is just one of a range of supposed competitors and that depends on who is doing the review, and the 2nd hand numbers for sale reflect its own popularity in the Cayman range so its a selective comparison - Depending on who you listen too/watch/read , people say the Emira competitor is a Cayman, 911, M3 and M4, C8, F Type. to name a few.

Personally I prefer the looks and spec of the Emira over the Cayman - I was looking to buy a GT4 until the Emira was released as well.

If the 2nd values hold for a while due to current market inflating great!! if not its no big shock as all cars depreciate anyways

Tim Hodgson

Reaction score
Doh, my bad - did not filter the engine size - where is my humble pie 🥧 🤔:D

However the 4.0 GTS is just one of a range of supposed competitors and that depends on who is doing the review, and the 2nd hand numbers for sale reflect its own popularity in the Cayman range so its a selective comparison - Depending on who you listen too/watch/read , people say the Emira competitor is a Cayman, 911, M3 and M4, C8, F Type. to name a few.

Personally I prefer the looks and spec of the Emira over the Cayman - I was looking to buy a GT4 until the Emira was released as well.

If the 2nd values hold for a while due to current market inflating great!! if not its no big shock as all cars depreciate anyways
No need for the pie! Its only because I have been watching the market like a hawk and having owned the GTS 4.0, an Emira and a new GT4 all in the last 3 months I am in a good position to see values.

I think the 4.0 GTS is the closest rival. The Emira is by far the best looking car. The Cayman is very dated looking now and I think is worse looking than the older shape which is not ideal!

The Emira will hold its money- just finding its feet in this ever changing market place.

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
due to volumes produced, I would not be at all surprised to see an emira close to £70k by end 23.

hbar

Reaction score
Obviously no Emiras to compare to, but where I live in the US I am seeing GTS 4.0s and GT4s going for less than sticker just a few months old even though they are still rare. That was not happening a year ago. I'm expecting my Emira to depreciate too. Boom is over.

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
But @emiraspain said it's NOT a good car. That should suffice!
As I said, you wont let anything go will you.
I dont believe i EVER said it was NOT a good car.... and if I did, I will say it here, again...for the 50th time...as numbers seem to be more your thing than words.... it IS A VERY GOOD CAR.... there are very few cars as good around that money, BUT for the price...of the FE at least, I'd not get it... same as TOM isn't getting it... same as many people who have pulled out or took and and then are selling it. Ive driven if for 2 hours.... have you? Am I not entitled to my opinion? Holy xxxx. Now I know why I dont come back on here much.
Anyway, for those UK people interested IMO, at 15k cheaper, then I think it is good value.... at 70/65k its a good buy and next year it will be there.... and I may be too, especially if my 300k lost due to dishonest numbers people comes back to me with the help of words and legal people...

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I dont believe i EVER said it was NOT a good car.... and if I did, I will say it here, again...for the 50th time...as numbers seem to be more your thing than words.... it IS A VERY GOOD CAR.... there are very few cars as good around that money, BUT for the price...of the FE at least, I'd not get it... same as TOM isn't getting it... same as many people who have pulled out or took and and then are selling it. Ive driven if for 2 hours.... have you? Am I not entitled to my opinion? Holy xxxx. Now I know why I dont come back on here much.
Anyway, for those UK people interested IMO, at 15k cheaper, then I think it is good value.... at 70/65k its a good buy and next year it will be there.... and I may be too, especially if my 300k lost due to dishonest numbers people comes back to me with the help of words and legal people...
You are #5 top poster on the forum. Just in case you forgot ;)

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

“Now I know why I dont come back on here much”

No problem bro , here a lot of people come to the same conclusion , reading you last 8-6 months

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Como decimos en español, al menos en el país de Suramérica donde viviste, "crea fama y échate a dormir". Esto no es personal, pero tus posts demuestran más criticas que elogios al carro...y eres el póster número cinco. Así que no es justo que te quejes de los usuarios del foro cuando tus propios comentarios han generado negatividad.