Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

OP
emiraspain

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Como decimos en español, al menos en el país de Suramérica donde viviste, "crea fama y échate a dormir". Esto no es personal, pero tus posts demuestran más criticas que elogios al carro...y eres el póster número cinco. Así que no es justo que te quejes de los usuarios del foro cuando tus propios comentarios han generado negatividad.
bien, aunque si quisiera, podria hacer lo mismo de varios comentarios tuyos, pero los dejo pasar porque la vida es corto.
mis comentarios show my doubts about the car as I do 100% have mixed feelings about the car. I spent about 1500$ to go drive the car, thats more than most on here have done, with their free test drives around 30 mins on busy roads etc, so I feel entitled to make myself heard and what people hear is a love hate relationship.
I am a previous lotus owner, like many on here and I simply expected, and was lead to expect more. I am not like some who sing the Emira's praises to high heaven and then seem as if they will actually sell it. I am honest and an open book, a twisted and bitter one, but still pretty open. I am happy with the Emira and I am disappointed at the same time, maybe you will be too when you actually get the car and have your first fault.... time will tell.
I with nothing but success for Lotus and the Emira, but I am under no illusions. I also wish that every purchaser enjoys their car to the maximum and has no regrets, sincerely I do. Apart from for the super rich, its a lot of money to spend on something you are not sure of, so its correct to be confident in the purchase and the car and in that way a forum is a problem at this stage of the purchase as it does raise more doubts than anything else, but thats life.
Anyway, its bed time and I hope now my posting position will decrease over time as I delete my account. Maybe I will be back when I get a car.... or will the aston take me..... or will the pending financial crisis take us all....
ENJOY

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Let me ask this for the US members, what do you think someone would reasonably pay for one when they first hit the streets? Like if I were to sell mine in March what do you think it would fetch? I will be getting one of the first in the United States.
@DerTheDer Realize this is an old post, but I'll answer it anyway. It obviously depends on where in the U.S. it is being sold. Here in Southern California, I could easily see them going for $130k - $150k. When the BMW i8 came out in 2014, some dealers were asking $50k over the $140k sticker. I even saw one at my local dealer that was $100k over, which was ridiculous. If finally sold for $50k over, though. With a lower starting price than the i8, I'm sure the demand will be (and already is) greater for the Emira.

hbar

Reaction score
@DerTheDer Realize this is an old post, but I'll answer it anyway. It obviously depends on where in the U.S. it is being sold. Here in Southern California, I could easily see them going for $130k - $150k. When the BMW i8 came out in 2014, some dealers were asking $50k over the $140k sticker. I even saw one at my local dealer that was $100k over, which was ridiculous. If finally sold for $50k over, though. With a lower starting price than the i8, I'm sure the demand will be (and already is) greater for the Emira.
If I get offered 50k over . . . Instant flipper. That's a lot of money to make on a 93k purchase. That said, my personal prediction is premiums will be less and I will keep my car for years!

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
42 Emira's for sale on autoscout24.de..............from € 101.845,- to € 161.400,-........

Only 32 Evora's for sale on autoscout24.de....

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I took a look at the sales website and saw more Emiras for sale than I thought there would be. I wonder if this will happen in the US after the initial interest is supplied? This is the same "old question" of : Since I have to wait 18 months anyways..... should I just wait until the Emira is on Dealer Lots looking for a buyer and get one below MSRP?

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I took a look at the sales website and saw more Emiras for sale than I thought there would be. I wonder if this will happen in the US after the initial interest is supplied? This is the same "old question" of : Since I have to wait 18 months anyways..... should I just wait until the Emira is on Dealer Lots looking for a buyer and get one below MSRP?
With the way you guys are robbed at dealerships asking 2-3x the actual price, yes. I would personally wait for ready stock.

emiralust

Reaction score
Just a log for anyone interested of recent add gone from auto trader between 29th March and today, assumed sold. Feel bad for whoever bought the blue demo in Lewes as that car was ragged to redline from day 1 during running in period.
60CF66BE-AFFC-4F8A-A845-D19A8281EC17.jpeg
CCD546D1-AFFA-4B0F-82E8-8C402842DF85.jpeg
8B03B242-7994-47EE-9851-080C92D06D31.jpeg
0D599ED2-FAD2-4C6D-AE41-BC38310750FA.jpeg
0E4D1179-506A-440B-9FB0-223C793A651F.jpeg
A2C992A1-F100-4518-A4A9-58B4C6B00388.jpeg
AC1F1FB4-76FD-4222-85D7-36060E68648E.jpeg

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just a log for anyone interested of recent add gone from auto trader between 29th March and today, assumed sold. Feel bad for whoever bought the blue demo in Lewes as that car was ragged to redline from day 1 during running in period. View attachment 24623View attachment 24624View attachment 24625View attachment 24626View attachment 24627View attachment 24628View attachment 24629
Yes, last time I checked it was at 26 cars.

Good to see them moving and strangely some of the more expensive cars have gone, must be v spec specific. Wonder if the redline car actually went for £93k.

Good to see in this market where very little is moving

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, last time I checked it was at 26 cars.

Good to see them moving and strangely some of the more expensive cars have gone, must be v spec specific. Wonder if the redline car actually went for £93k.

Good to see in this market where very little is moving
That’s assuming they weren’t on SOR and haven’t been removed as unsold of course. That would explain why cheap cars remain and higher priced ones disappear

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The shadow grey is still for sale at Redline just seems to have dropped off autotrader they certainly priced out of the market now at £93k The Evora GT410 in autumn gold sold very quickly.
Some Emira owners not keeping very long ? Only 1600 miles up with Premier

91F75805-A848-4927-9AA2-31D81AB05E20.jpeg

Last edited:

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Boom - first one now under 80k - not even out of April

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Boom - first one now under 80k - not even out of April
Yep prospective buyers should just bide they time for a little while, prices will reduce as majority of these cars are not moving. Good one to get snapped up with only 774 miles - owner moving on after 3 months of ownership

IMG_8410.jpeg

Last edited:

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well let’s be honest px value or a sale to trade is likely low £70’s as dealers will be seeking minimum £5k across it. So given nee pricing structure that’s a £10k hit and with more hitting the market it will only go one way. I’m i4 and pre price rise felt more comfortable although less so now.

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well let’s be honest px value or a sale to trade is likely low £70’s as dealers will be seeking minimum £5k across it. So given nee pricing structure that’s a £10k hit and with more hitting the market it will only go one way. I’m i4 and pre price rise felt more comfortable although less so now.
What was the price for the manual for pre-increase orders about £78k? As you say they are taking a hit, probably about £5k though not £10k as they didn't pay new prices. I suspect it will be the price increase cars that suffer the most as I doubt the used market will adjust for that situation but who knows right now as the world is a bit mad.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What was the price for the manual for pre-increase orders about £78k? As you say they are taking a hit, probably about £5k though not £10k as they didn't pay new prices. I suspect it will be the price increase cars that suffer the most as I doubt the used market will adjust for that situation but who knows right now as the world is a bit mad.
About £80k with the year 1 VED and OTR costs, if you had none of the cost options. Full Black Pack adds £1200.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score

That's a lot.......27 x Emira on autotrader now.......prices remain steady.

Quite a number of them with a couple of thousand miles record.

Emira sales stalling?

Only 15x Evora........

Evora's seem to be picked up rather quickly.........

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Well long may they stay high….

Flippers or prospective flippers among us here past or present. Fair do’s to them. We all have our needs / agendas.

I’ve stayed true and hung in there despite how much the whole thing has p’d me off at times.

Waiting on my i4; July build that turned into Aug build in last update. No news yet so a little concerned it may slip further. 2yr deposit anniversary coming up

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

That's a lot.......27 x Emira on autotrader now.......prices remain steady.

Quite a number of them with a couple of thousand miles record.

Emira sales stalling?

Only 15x Evora........

Evora's seem to be picked up rather quickly.........
The ones with 2-3,000 miles are mainly ex demo cars being sold by the dealer.

The UK demo cars were loaned to dealers by Lotus, unlike the old setup where dealers had to buy them. Lotus originally intended to take the demo cars back and sell them through a central approved-used programme but has allowed the dealers to buy them at trade price and list them themselves. Also gives them a car to have in the showroom while their second demo car is used for test drives.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts