Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Now already 5 Emira's for sale lower than GBP 80.000,-.......surprising........
Has word spread of all the production issues new owners are experiencing? A savvy buyer would ask if 1st Edition model bragging rights are worth the First Edition production headaches. Also, additional colors are on the way.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
9 cars at jct600 one is a demo a couple for customers who do the rest belong to?. 79k for basically a new car when new list is 87k next year polrobably over 90k?.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
9 cars at jct600 one is a demo a couple for customers who do the rest belong to?. 79k for basically a new car when new list is 87k next year polrobably over 90k?.
So have Lotus stopped offering cancelled orders to others in que with similar spec ? They should just put them on website car’s available now for everyone to consider whether if in que or new customer ……

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how the i4 fairs… no doubt some “speculators” within the first batch like me. And as long as they don’t get it before me I’m happy

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Low mileage 23 plate with PPF & ceramic saving on list
IMG_8800.jpeg

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
TBF they could be cancelled cars that need to be shifted quick.

RafP

Reaction score
Seeing cars start with a 7 makes me so glad I cancelled mine now and my prediction of into 70s by spring was right. When they drop into lows 70s high 60s used I’ll buy one and mod it to get the exhaust note and performance where it needs to be.

I expected that to be this coming winter and looks like will be in track.

Sadly they are producing too many and the network and cust services still poor so the price is only going one way.

I’d be fuming if I had waited that long and lost that much that quick. As last car I waited 18 months + for was a Porsche GT4 and I used for 18 months and sold for plus £20k

Heck the golf R we ordered at same as Emira time came in April and I used for a month and still made £7k.

Lotus epic fail again. So sad as a lotus fan and having owned exiges and evoras.

I know it’s not about making money but it shows how wrong lotus got the whole process.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There’s more each day popping up of private ones with circa 1 - 2.5k miles so early adopters moving on - glad I’m not the only one has a car 5 mins then onto something else lol
So agree will be a buyers market 🔜

Ceejay

Reaction score
The market is changing, it’s not the same as last year. Cars depreciate, it’s only in recent times where parts shortages have caused a massive shift in supply and demand in general, limited production volume cars will usually retain value or appreciate. I really don’t understand the hang up on new car depreciation, it’s like it’s a new thing, it isn’t. I expected mine to lose 10k in the first year of ownership, could be a bit more possibly slightly less. If you have one just enjoy driving it, if you haven’t and depreciation is an issue then don’t buy new, times are like they used to be.

RafP

Reaction score
The market is changing, it’s not the same as last year. Cars depreciate, it’s only in recent times where parts shortages have caused a massive shift in supply and demand in general, limited production volume cars will usually retain value or appreciate. I really don’t understand the hang up on new car depreciation, it’s like it’s a new thing, it isn’t. I expected mine to lose 10k in the first year of ownership, could be a bit more possibly slightly less. If you have one just enjoy driving it, if you haven’t and depreciation is an issue then don’t buy new, times are like they used to be.
That £20k profit I mentioned was in 2017 so way before recent times.

As you say great for those of us that cancelled but want one at some point once issued ironed out as looking like a £10-15k saving after 12 months.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wow.....Autotrader UK.....now 33 x Emira for sale of which already 6 x lower than GBP 80k.
Evora = 19 x for sale.........

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I doubt anyone who has an Evora (that’s not waiting on an Emira) is selling it at present. Too busy driving it in the sunshine!

Thahyelife

Reaction score
Interested in hearing the forums thoughts on this. For the folks not grandfathered into the FE 1.0 @ $94K USD, they will be subject to the $11.5K increase making the car ~$105K-106K USD for the 2.0. My understanding is the FE 2.0 V6 only offers additional colors for the steep price increase of 11.5K.

Is Anyone with a late deposit interested in a FE 1.0 build slot which will save them $11.5K over the 2.0?

1. What would the potential $11.5K savings and not waiting 2 years be worth to spec a 1.0 and hopefully take delivery in 2023?
3. Would anyone pay a premium to save $$$ and wait time if it was possible… Not looking to buy and title the car to flip it, but seeing if there is a scenario to sell/give a build spot to someone. Lotus has botched the launch and delivery to the US and I’m sure there are many that are ready to walk away but have tied up 5-10K with dealers here for 2 years that may want a small return on their deposit.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Someone thinks Auto variants are rare enough to command a big premuim - 4 over £90k:

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Manual cars were 90k plus initially but not now.
Where have 7 auto cars come from?
People on here waiting patiently for cars in Lotus time now 7 for sale on auto trader?