Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Someone thinks Auto variants are rare enough to command a big premuim - 4 over £90k:

Auto's cost more money out the box. My total on the road is just under £90k, including the £6k hike. So for a flipper, they have to sell over 90k else it's a loss.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Auto's cost more money out the box. My total on the road is just under £90k, including the £6k hike. So for a flipper, they have to sell over 90k else it's a loss.
There a DV auto with black pack just come on at an independent garage for £85k

vantager

Reaction score
37 Emira's on AutoTrader now (7 under £80k).
Must be even more with PH and Lotus dealers unadvertised ones.
If this happens for the i4 (the one I want) and my spec comes up, think I'll just buy it and skip the wait. It seems a lot to be on sale considering they are not building vast numbers - is this usual for Lotus?#

Dont know why people didnt simply cancel - rather than buy and sell almost immediately.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am guessing that all the demonstrators that all the UK dealers had went up for sale at pretty much the same time.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am really interested to see what the press think of the i4 and being in the first batch I’ve hung in there. We shall see. Im
Hoping it doesn’t have the same losses

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the base i4 is the car to have and will have good residuals as long as there is no issues which isn't a given seeing as how many issues the proven v6 manual has had?

vantager

Reaction score
I think the base i4 is the car to have and will have good residuals as long as there is no issues which isn't a given seeing as how many issues the proven v6 manual has had?
Agree. I have reserved an i4 FE, but it has a lot of things (like the expensive stereo) I would not spec. I am thinking I will see, when the base i4 comes out, how much cheaper it will be to get a base with spec what I want.
Of course, doing that may delay things and mean I end up suffering another price increase bringing it back close to the FE price anyway.

Woudl also like to see press reviews of the i4, especially around gettting rid of turbo heat.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ive had no mechanical issues in 3 months of ownership other than some cosmetic bits still to be resolved. My view is that people committed early on because it was a cheap deposit to get an exclusive car. Then reality dawns when you have to contractually buy and unless you had cash to buy outright or a large PCP deposit to make it affordable people are now stuck to get out of what they thought would cost them nothing.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ive had no mechanical issues in 3 months of ownership other than some cosmetic bits still to be resolved. My view is that people committed early on because it was a cheap deposit to get an exclusive car. Then reality dawns when you have to contractually buy and unless you had cash to buy outright or a large PCP deposit to make it affordable people are now stuck to get out of what they thought would cost them nothing.
That’s a fair comment and if you rewind a year or so putting £10-15k in meant a monthly payment of circa £5-600 month. It’s nowhere near that now.

Priced a few genuine buyers out of the market or at least made them look twice. When it’s heading towards a grand a month with nervy residuals it makes you nervous.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That’s a fair comment and if you rewind a year or so putting £10-15k in meant a monthly payment of circa £5-600 month. It’s nowhere near that now.

Priced a few genuine buyers out of the market or at least made them look twice. When it’s heading towards a grand a month with nervy residuals it makes you nervous.
I had to do ~ £35k deposit. Not a small sum imo. ~£580 a month

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes at the start of this process a 30k deposit would give a 180 quid monthly payment!!
Which is why I’m surprised we haven’t had more cancellations tbh. I keep hearing about cost of living crisis and rescission, yet in the real world I see no change in people’s purchasing. Houses, cars and watches are still being sold at a steady tick.

Perhaps the people holding out for base editions are going to rethink the purchase. As I assume they are waiting to get a cheaper car already, but with build price increases and the finance costs they might be shocked when the bill arrives.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Theoretically the new i4 engine could give additional engine layout / software problems to the existing problems with the current V6 deliveries; which problems are hardly due to the V6 engine itself but more due to the rest of the car.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
37 Emira's on AutoTrader now (7 under £80k).
Must be even more with PH and Lotus dealers unadvertised ones.
If this happens for the i4 (the one I want) and my spec comes up, think I'll just buy it and skip the wait. It seems a lot to be on sale considering they are not building vast numbers - is this usual for Lotus?#

Dont know why people didnt simply cancel - rather than buy and sell almost immediately.
A few more now, with 9 under £80k. I did a WBAC valuation on one with 1200 miles and it came back as £69k!

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The only thing stopping me from going used at this point is that a) the right spec car hasn't come along and b) I'm hoping that Lotus may have solved some of the earlier issues. I 'should' be checking out sometime this month but if the right car became available before then, it would be a tough choice.

Residuals arent going to be great for the Emira FE due to the fact that other than a couple of choice on colour and interior they're all basically the same. Compare that to Porsche which has so many options looking for a specific combination of options can be like finding a unicorn. Essentially, the main differentiator between used Emira is going to be price.

RafP

Reaction score
A few more now, with 9 under £80k. I did a WBAC valuation on one with 1200 miles and it came back as £69k!

I spoke to a Lotus dealer and max they are bidding for delivery miles cars is £71k now he said (ouch). So sounds like WBAC isn’t low balling too much at 1200 miles.

If anyone is desperate to sell / looking at a trade in I am in market after cancelling my order with max £73k budget for right spec. I was expecting to have to sit tight until autumn.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm now convinced that I'll be buying one from a trader before Lotus deliver my order and at a lower price!