• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They've taken inspiration from the GT livery. I must admit, I had considered doing something similar on my Seneca but with a deeper shade of blue rather than silver, but probably wont, just an idea that popped into my head.
What about the cancelled orders they selling at lotus dealers I think there is at least 7 at jct600 if every dealer has 7 that's a lot of cars they can't sell at 80k?
I wouldn't be paying 87k for one now.
All get together and tell matt to honour his price promise of 80k you would all save 7k.
People power?

Where are these 7? When I went a few weeks ago they only had their old demo and the new demo car that was replacing it (along with a MC20)

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They've taken inspiration from the GT livery. I must admit, I had considered doing something similar on my Seneca but with a deeper shade of blue rather than silver, but probably wont, just an idea that popped into my head.

Where are these 7? When I went a few weeks ago they only had their old demo and the new demo car that was replacing it (along with a MC20)
As I understand it they are with Lotus HQ and dealers around the country are facilitating the sale. That's what Bell&Colvill said to me.

Edit: the document they sent with the details of the 7 cars does say "B&C Emira stock" so perhaps there are a lot more unsold cancelled orders than we know about. Lotus probably don't want to flood the market when it's already saturated.

Last edited:

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense with what I posted above about not canceling the production of canceled orders, just building them anyway and adding them to available stock which is then drip-fed into chosen dealers and contacts. It would also explain how non-lotus dealers are getting delivery mileage cars (or than speculative flippers).

_w_

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I appreciate most people are here (on the forum) because they preordered, but I assume there are a bunch of hopeful lurkers (like me) too, waiting for a magical day / change of circumstances - so has anyone here actually bought a second hand listing?

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wow.....Autotrader UK.....now 33 x Emira for sale of which already 6 x lower than GBP 80k.
Evora = 19 x for sale.........
Now on Autotrader UK already 45 x Emira for sale of which 1/3 < GBP 80k
Even quite a number with relatively low mileages of < 2k mls
Evora = 20 x for sale.....
Will the amount of Emira's offered rise further?

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And this doesn't include the stock that Lotus HQ are sitting on and haven't advertised or those with dealers that haven't sold.

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m amazed it’s only 45, so many people have seen through the smoke and mirrors not to mention the price promise and reliability issues, poor aftercare etc etc. a few more interest rate rises and the move towards winter will be bringing sub £70k Emiras….. for those that want them!

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m amazed it’s only 45, so many people have seen through the smoke and mirrors not to mention the price promise and reliability issues, poor aftercare etc etc. a few more interest rate rises and the move towards winter will be bringing sub £70k Emiras….. for those that want them!
I really don’t get how people think this is unique to Emira. There is 108 Maserati MC20 for sale on Autotrader🤷‍♂️

Maybe

Reaction score
I really don’t get how people think this is unique to Emira. There is 108 Maserati MC20 for sale on Autotrader🤷‍♂️
The UK is small though. The 45 is in reference to UK Autotrader.
There are 12 MC20 on Pistonheads and 22 MC20 on Autotrader UK for info.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Im not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. Lotus estimates a GFV of around £45k after four years, so thats going to give about 10k in depreciation per year. By next year we'll have cars that are getting on for two years old so a price of circa £60-65k would be expected.

I think what we're seeing at the moment is a combination of people who hoped to flip the car for a profit trying to get out ASAP to avoid paying the monthly or recover their outlay and a change in personal circumstances for people who placed orders two years ago. Add to that the current economic situation and I'm not surprised at all that there are a lot of cars available.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Priced to sell £75k for 23 plate with low mileage when you consider some private sales asking £80k for 72 reg with similar mileage and v’s new one with that spec is it like circa £90k - someone will snap up

Attachments

• IMG_9085.jpeg
    IMG_9085.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 59

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Will they?
5 for sale at my local dealer at old list price 81k on road brand new cancelled order, 45 for sale on auto trader, none of them selling! and wbac price is now 60k.
This is due to a complete cock up from lotus on delivery, flippers who thought they were going to make a packet and a mass increase with the Apr.
Gt410 seem a real buy now faster, lighter than the emira and yours for 60 to 70k.
Or is it all about looks!!!!!!

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Will they?
5 for sale at my local dealer at old list price 81k on road brand new cancelled order, 45 for sale on auto trader, none of them selling! and wbac price is now 60k.
This is due to a complete cock up from lotus on delivery, flippers who thought they were going to make a packet and a mass increase with the Apr.
Gt410 seem a real buy now faster, lighter than the emira and yours for 60 to 70k.
Or is it all about looks!!!!!!
Men are shallow. How many men lust after ugly woman that perform great?

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Average people don’t have 80k to dump on a car at the moment, so will need to get a loan… loans are expensive right now, even more so if your mortgage is due for renewal.

You are selling to a shrinking market right now

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Orphaned Emiras - for anyone facing the price rises worth a call to see if they have your spec as also available in 14 days

Attachments

• IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9108.jpeg
    IMG_9108.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 62