• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira v 911 (992T)

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
So... my take from watching/reading the latest from Porsche's director of sports cars is that they will keep the 911 ICE until min 2030. They are not confident in 992 body style being efficient enough for a hybrid. So the 992.2 I would be very surprised if they introduce a hybrid.

Every auto manufacturer needs to sell a certain amount of EV / reduce carbon footprint. This is why you are seeing everyone introduce some type of hybrid/electric models. If not they get charged and are forced to pay a penalty. EV only companies profit greatly from this i.e. Tesla.

This is the reason you can be guaranteed the 718 will be going electric in 2025. Pretty much confirmed by Porsche. They need the EV credits to continue selling ICE 911 at all costs. Macan will be next with an EV.

My opinion on EV's going forward is that all "luxury" cars will be considered as EV. (outside of a small amount of enthusiast vehicles, built in small numbers) The reason pure EV probably won't trickle into the affordable car segment is because the infrastructure in big cities and higher density locations won't have the ability to charge all of these cars for many many years, if ever. EV's are best with home owners that have a garage or space to install home charging systems. Obviously, not everyone can afford 100K + EV's, but even today if you look at what the cheapest EV on the market is probably double or triple the price of the cheapest ICE vehicle. They are also banking on companies like UBER to go green faster and reduce the need for auto ownership in major city centres.(autonomous driving / EV's) Mobility will be a bit different come 2035, I think. How it all plays out, nobody knows. But for now, I think Porsche will continue to pump out ICE 911's for at least another 6 years. After that.... it's all up in the air.
Average Price EV price in the US is $67k, 50pct higher than ICE

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So... my take from watching/reading the latest from Porsche's director of sports cars is that they will keep the 911 ICE until min 2030. They are not confident in 992 body style being efficient enough for a hybrid. So the 992.2 I would be very surprised if they introduce a hybrid.

Every auto manufacturer needs to sell a certain amount of EV / reduce carbon footprint. This is why you are seeing everyone introduce some type of hybrid/electric models. If not they get charged and are forced to pay a penalty. EV only companies profit greatly from this i.e. Tesla.

This is the reason you can be guaranteed the 718 will be going electric in 2025. Pretty much confirmed by Porsche. They need the EV credits to continue selling ICE 911 at all costs. Macan will be next with an EV.

My opinion on EV's going forward is that all "luxury" cars will be considered as EV. (outside of a small amount of enthusiast vehicles, built in small numbers) The reason pure EV probably won't trickle into the affordable car segment is because the infrastructure in big cities and higher density locations won't have the ability to charge all of these cars for many many years, if ever. EV's are best with home owners that have a garage or space to install home charging systems. Obviously, not everyone can afford 100K + EV's, but even today if you look at what the cheapest EV on the market is probably double or triple the price of the cheapest ICE vehicle. They are also banking on companies like UBER to go green faster and reduce the need for auto ownership in major city centres.(autonomous driving / EV's) Mobility will be a bit different come 2035, I think. How it all plays out, nobody knows. But for now, I think Porsche will continue to pump out ICE 911's for at least another 6 years. After that.... it's all up in the air.
I have heard so many different scenarios from different dealers which I find odd, I have also read several different scenarios, the truth is no one knows other than Porsche Germany, I guess they feel releasing this information too early may affect the current 911 market so we will just see how it plans out.

Has anyone heard any rumours on what the gen 11 upgrades might be? Other than the engine debate will it just be cosmetic or will the interior be upgraded too.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I heard the 992.2 is going to be ice powered in all variants but turbo, few small body design changes and a full digital screen interior with latest taycan software upgrade and delivery in 2024.

zoomdaddy

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join the forum.

Hope the owners who have received there cars are enjoying them.

I currently have a 718 Cayman and have a 911 (992 C2 or a 992T) on order, deposit was placed December 2021, still awaiting allocation.

Just wondering if anyone was considering going from a Cayman to an Emira, and has driven on. Interested to know your thoughts and expereinces. I do fancy the 911 I have on order but I could save circa £25k (which I would use towards a new daily driver).

The car will be used for about 6-8k during the year, mixed driving. No track days.

The shape, styling and engine of the Emira is something I quite fancy but slightly worried by some views on Lotus customer service and reliability.

I know waiting times are approx 60 weeks+ (that doesn't worry me given I have waited 12 months for a 911, which I haven't got yet). The Cayman isn't a bad car to be driving around in. I also have a Mini Cooper S R56 and a Porsche Taycan.

Any decent dealers within the Northwest of England that would be worth popping into?

Thanks for reading
I've opted to keep my Cayman S when Emira FE is delivered.
Two uniquely different driving experiences.
Hopeful for robust Lotus service network and parts availability.