• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Review Index [V6 FE]

Featured
For those looking for the latest Emira V6 FE reviews scheduled to be released today, I've self-volunteered to maintain a quick reference index here.
Please let me know of any missing articles and I'll update accordingly. (y)

ReviewerTypeDirect Link
EdmundsArticle
Harry's Garage (Harry Metcalfe)Video Review

Harry drives the Sports and Tour suspension back to back on the same road and shares his thoughts.
Schmee150 (Tim Burton)Video ReviewPublished 21st June
Carwow (Mat Watson)Video Review
TopGearArticles and VideoPublished 3rd July
Chris Harris talks about the Lotus Emira

Published 20th June

AutoTrader (Rory Reid)Video Review
EvoArticle and Video Review
CARArticle and Video ReviewPublished 22nd July

Lotus Emira vs Cayman 718 GTS vs Alpine 110s
AutocarArticle and Video Review
PistonheadsArticle
KHTVVideo Review
The DriveArticle
AutoExpressArticle
Pictures:
WhichCarArticle
CarBuyerArticle
HagertyArticle
Road and TrackArticlePublished 1st September
Lotus Emira Road and Track Drive

GoodwoodArticle
The IntercoolerPodcastReasonably good post-embargo Emira discussion on The Intercooler.
MotortrendArticle
DriveArticle
AFRArticle
ParkersArticle
CarExpertArticle
Caffeine & MachineArticle
Photos on Instagram:
The Sunday Times DrivingArticle
Car and DriverArticle
The SunArticle
AutoCar UKArticlePublished 2nd July

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i4 was always going to be quicker on track. The suspension setting on i4 are different as well and the car is just more suited for track work. The Emira S i4 will take the GT4 crown when it gets released IMO. (or a current Chinese i4 lol)

V6 manual on goodyears is the road car, Lotus did a good job on with how they marketed the variants. V6 will surely end production once the Emira "S" is released, the performance of a 400 BHP i4 will certainly outshine the V6 at that point.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i4 was always going to be quicker on track. The suspension setting on i4 are different as well and the car is just more suited for track work. The Emira S i4 will take the GT4 crown when it gets released IMO. (or a current Chinese i4 lol)

V6 manual on goodyears is the road car, Lotus did a good job on with how they marketed the variants. V6 will surely end production once the Emira "S" is released, the performance of a 400 BHP i4 will certainly outshine the V6 at that point.
You’re probably right. 400hp i4 will be faster but The i4 falls flat on the ears. The sound is uninspiring. Reving out the engine is such an important part of the experience. I wouldn’t own an i4 because of the lackluster engine sound. But others mileage might vary.

Foxy87

Reaction score
Wow this is very disappointing … even if the tyres take away a second or a bit more, the V6 is really slow. 4 seconds slower on this small track in comparison to a GT4 is huge. Just cant get my head around this bad laptimes of the V6.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow this is very disappointing … even if the tyres take away a second or a bit more, the V6 is really slow. 4 seconds slower on this small track in comparison to a GT4 is huge. Just cant get my head around this bad laptimes of the V6.
A car set up with street-biased tyres and suspension, with a manual, outshone by a track-biased setup running a dual-clutch transmission, running on a tight twisty track... yeah, glad I was sitting down for that shock. 😏

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have you considered the prowess of that driver?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This isn't even the first track comparison between the two, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at all.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It was only 2 seconds slower than the manual GT4 which was also running Cup2s vs. Goodyear street tires on the Emira. If the Emira was on Cup2s and Sport suspension it very likely would have been a tight race between the two manuals tested.

Comparing a manual to a DCT car doesn't make much sense on a track like this.

The V6 manual was never going to be a track monster but I'm willing to bet it's WAYY more fun than those DCTs on the track.

Foxy87

Reaction score
This isn't even the first track comparison between the two, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone at all.
Care to elaborate? Its the first direct comparison on a track with laptimes that I saw. Fastestlaptimes.com also doesnt have recorded any laptimes for the i4…?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Care to elaborate? Its the first direct comparison on a track with laptimes that I saw. Fastestlaptimes.com also doesnt have recorded any laptimes for the i4…?

I believe the most hated Emira review was a track comparison between a GT4 and an Emira.

Foxy87

Reaction score
A car set up with street-biased tyres and suspension, with a manual, outshone by a track-biased setup running a dual-clutch transmission, running on a tight twisty track... yeah, glad I was sitting down for that shock. 😏
well its not like lotus is famous for good lap times in the first place. Even the track focused exige Sport 410 was quiet a bit slower on Hockenheim than the GT4 and M2 CS, despite weighing 250-350kg less than the other two. So I dont think the Emira with sport suspension and cup tires would get close to the GT4s laptime after all.

dont get me wrong, I love the V6 Emira and my plan is to still get a manual in a few years time, but for me these comparisons are disappointing.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
well its not like lotus is famous for good lap times in the first place. Even the track focused exige Sport 410 was quiet a bit slower on Hockenheim than the GT4 and M2 CS, despite weighing 250-350kg less than the other two. So I dont think the Emira with sport suspension and cup tires would get close to the GT4s laptime after all.

dont get me wrong, I love the V6 Emira and my plan is to still get a manual in a few years time, but for me these comparisons are disappointing.
I guess I just don't see how it is a surprising outcome... as @K_Squared posted, stiffer suspension and track-biased tyres are probably worth a couple of seconds (matching the manual GT4), and a DCT gets you another couple of seconds on top of that 🤷‍♂️

I could see how that would suck if you really had your heart set on dominating at the track, but my feeling is that the V6 absolutely nails being a fun road car that can occasionally visit the track (which is why I changed my mind and went that way at the last minute).

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_0870.png

Foxy87

Reaction score
Oh my bad, thanks.

this is really suprising to see such a huge gap between manual and pdk. Other tests from SportAuto showed that the cars are almost on par even on track. Maybe due to different gear ratios, dont know, would have to look it up in the test.

maybe handling a manual car isnt this drivers best skill…

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The most important measure of a car is how it makes you feel. That said there's easily two seconds in the tire difference between the Cup 2' and the Eagle F1's. i4's DCT is probably worth another few tenths around a track...But it sounds like a hoover vacuum. Also lap times are meaningless unless your racing wheel to wheel for money.