Emira production is underway

Persad12

Reaction score
I recently contacted my dealer yesterday for an update and he stated that production was pushed back which does not make any sense. Seeing this proves otherwise any ideas about what hes talking about

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was he talking about start of US production or his allocated delivery slots? Production of the first cars has started.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Guys, I think there are two issues unrelated. Production has started and needs to ramp up. No cars can be released until type approval which is expected in a couple of months or so.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Some slight clarification (maybe?) to the "start of production" narrative.... this from today's article in CAR magazine. Apparently this week's "production" start may just be the start of actual assembly line work, and not the full start of literal customer car production?
1646855852182.png

If so, this throws my thinking off in a big way because I thought they had already been using the "line" for both training and for pre-production cars already. Maybe not? Maybe the previous units were hand-built for crash testing etc?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Guys, I think there are two issues unrelated. Production has started and needs to ramp up. No cars can be released until type approval which is expected in a couple of months or so.
Bear in mind type approval has to be obtained by country. So cars for the UK can be released before cars for the US, and a delay to one doesn't affect the other.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some slight clarification (maybe?) to the "start of production" narrative.... this from today's article in CAR magazine. Apparently this week's "production" start may just be the start of actual assembly line work, and not the full start of literal customer car production?
View attachment 3675
If so, this throws my thinking off in a big way because I thought they had already been using the "line" for both training and for pre-production cars already. Maybe not? Maybe the previous units were hand-built for crash testing etc?
I know "proper" production has started. The line has been used for training, production proving and to build the validation cars. The first cars won't be for customers but they will be production spec, for reviews and road tests and the dealer demos.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
'If' that is Verdant then what the Lotus representative told me about it looking very similar to Ford Tourmaline green runs quite true.
Arguably nothing like the samples and configurator mind! Not being negative, just saying 😁😇
Screenshot_20220309-205403_Google.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
'If' that is Verdant then what the Lotus representative told me about it looking very similar to Ford Tourmaline green runs quite true.
Arguably nothing like the samples and configurator mind! Not being negative, just saying 😁😇
Haha totally agreed. If that really is Dark Verdant and not some other non-FE color, then the samples and the configurator were all way off.... yet again. :ROFLMAO:

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
More reassurance that NOT getting lucky and getting an FE maybe be lucky after all haha... it's wild how different these colors seem to be every time we turn around.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if the i4FE is more than 2-3k less than the v6

Especially if it ends up with ADAS etc they may well be virtually the same

If production really has started.. why the feck have Lotus not been singing this from the roof tops? It's a big marker in the history of the car and a marketing opportunity.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 3676
Looks like production wheels and verdant green
yah got to ask yourself (me) did the person who took this photo take any other photos of the same car ? I would be like total paparazzi on this car, they would have to call security or police to have me removed for taking obsessive amounts of photos !!

I don't understand how these "onesies" photos get posted with out the complete paparazzi portfolio not being posted ? huh ? WTF ?? (WTF= Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ....... I am not cursing.....hahaha)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if the i4FE is more than 2-3k less than the v6

Especially if it ends up with ADAS etc they may well be virtually the same

If production really has started.. why the feck have Lotus not been singing this from the roof tops? It's a big marker in the history of the car and a marketing opportunity.
Not the first or last marketing opportunity... they will let pass them by.....

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There was a video on the Lotus website , about women in the business. Think this is my car being built !

Attachments

• FF240A53-C4E6-45D5-9EC7-B86F346EEB70.png
    FF240A53-C4E6-45D5-9EC7-B86F346EEB70.png
    693.4 KB · Views: 175