• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira looks

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ferrari sold 11,155 cars last year. Lotus sold 1,710. I would say Ferrari are doing something right.

I don't want to overly dump on Lotus - I've been a fan for years and, as I said, I absolutely love my Elise. I just think they got this car very wrong. It could have been a legendary last hurrah for the ICE Lotus - like Porsche went all-in with the awesome GT4RS, Chevrolet have done their thing with the C8 etc. But for some reason from Lotus we have a supercar lookalike that recycles a 15-year-old drivetrain without the refinements the later Evoras enjoyed in a softer but pretty shell... Meanwhile the likes of Alpine, KTM, BAC etc. are doing the Lotus thing way better than Lotus.

I'm genuinely annoyed. I had an early deposit in. Really wanted to love this car.
First World Problems. 🌎
99% love the new Emira. It doesn't matter what Lotus designed .. there will always be that 1% to complain about something.
I'm buying it because it ticks off almost all my boxes. Finally someone made a sports car that has supercar looks and is more attainable. I've been saying this for decades.. why can't someone design a sports car with supercar good looks for 1/3 the price.. more attainable.

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I feel Ferraris are some of the most beautiful cars.
But today's ferraris are over the top, too huge, douchey, and not as good looking as they used to be.
(I wish they'd make a slightly updated 360 or 430, because I think they were close to nailing it there..)

Then Lotus came around and nailed it with the Emira, I feel
Plus its small, tight, light, raw and probably more nimble. Its exactly what I want.

Yes, it kinda looks like a Ferrari... but so do McLaren's, Vettes, and even Caymans.

I also think 911s are beautiful but they're just so big now. A big reason I want an Emira is the size.

I also think the Lotus brand is kind of cool that its not as known -- to me it kind of has that mad scientist Doc Brown DeLorean energy.

Last edited:

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, it kinda looks like a Ferrari... but so do McLaren's, Vettes, and even Caymans.
Well you can’t argue with aerodynamics and the reason they have close basic shapes. Even though they are close all the fan comments are right in saying Lotus nailed it because
all of the above have flaws the Emira doesn’t.
Maclaren has plenty of comments on poor build quality for price.
Corvette C08 is good for the money but doesn’t have such well proportioned flowing lines.
Ferraris like the 488 and F8 in my view are good but the Emira still edges it in looks, build quality and definitely price.
Cayman is a good car but no where close in looks. It doesn’t have the supercar level looks, which is highlighted in the side vents and especially the front lights which are outdated like nearly all Porsche cars.
You could say there are hyper cars out there that look better if you are happy to spend 10 x the money but if we were in that league we wouldn’t be on this forum.
Ok I have to laugh at the comments saying we are not getting supercar performance which means it’s a joke looking like a supercar. That’s the dumbest comment for men ever. Most men would choose a stunning girlfriend with no brains over an ugly girlfriend with a phd. Mind you that is probably the reason so many men end up getting divorced and giving half their money away. 😂

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I still love the look of the Emira but I don’t know if it will have timeless looks or not. The fact that it looks like a baby ferrari or maybe better worded — a ferrari in its diminutive form — combined with the cheaper price — I think will make it look like a toy rather than something to lust over in the long term.

Time will tell.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I predict the Emira will be the equivalent of the Ferrari 355, 458, (and 246 Dino).
The gorgeous looks, handling, and proper old school nature of it will make it an absolute classic. And it will appreciate, in the long term.

Chasing and caring about performance numbers is a mugs game.
There will always be a faster, newer car around the corner.

And really, apart from pimply teenagers who gets excited about a Tesla?

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I still love the look of the Emira but I don’t know if it will have timeless looks or not. The fact that it looks like a baby ferrari or maybe better worded — a ferrari in its diminutive form — combined with the cheaper price — I think will make it look like a toy rather than something to lust over in the long term.

Time will tell.
I think the aftermarket community will make or break the Emira long term. It has the opportunity to have the 'supra effect' if small tweaks with the lotus package allow it to outperform vehicles $100k more. But yes, Time will tell.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wait you think the emira is better built than the 488 and f8?
Yeah one of my mates is a Ferrari tech and had a really good look around my car when I got it. He was really impressed with the build quality said loads of new Ferraris have to have work done on them due to customer complaints. They even have kits with wedges of carpet material for sorting out the constant rattles and squeaks from badly fitted panels. When they strip cars for repairs they find wiring doesn’t follow the diagrams because the builder hasn’t bothered routing the wires the way it supposed to be done and the list goes on. Now considering most Ferraris with high end spec are £300k+ you would think their pre delivery checks would be way above Lotus. I was shocked to be told this but that was straight from a guy who has to fix these customer issues weekly and deal with all the factory recalls.

Last edited:

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Isn't the Emira essentially a baby Evija rather than a fake Ferrari? I have never heard anyone say the Evija is a knockoff Ferrari. The Emira is prettier than the Evora/Elise/Exige by a wide margin. People will just have to deal with it.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The value prop of the emira is unqiue today which is why we all want one. This will only be more true in the future. If these cars end up being pretty reliable they will be highly desired in the future mostly ICE and boring car world. Even moreso if lotus doesn’t end up selling a whole bunch of them for XYZ reasons.

Anyone who thinks an underpowered original NSX is a sexy car will undoubtedly look at the Emira with envy.