Emira Issues - from final production cars

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I feel for you @hml_xy , if it was my car I’d be deeply upset and would be thinking of rejecting it. You do right to surface your issues on here and Facebook, often it’s the only way to get leverage for a company to take note and resolve those issues quickly.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm a little afraid that my Emira will show some nice tricks in the spring. :rolleyes: Now it stands in peace and quiet in the garage, there are 30 cm (1 foot :ROFLMAO:) of snow in our highlands. ❄️☃️⛷️

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update from my dealer:

One of the alloy panels covering the bottom of the car got loose and was flexing when turning the steering. The dealer has mounted it back and reinforced two of those panels with additional rivets after consultation with Hethel.

Car ready for pickup tomorrow. Not sure I'll go and grab it since the weather is a bit cold for the tires around here. But thumbs up again to my dealer for the pragmatic solution!

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad I'm such a great beta tester. Shouldn't have taken it offroad probably, at least the ground clearance was excellent.

By the way thats what I got from the dealer yesterday. Thumbs up for the honesty and transparancy on their end.

Sounds a lot as if somebody had some fun. 🛏️🤣🙈

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On a serious note, this is probably the best outcome. I would have hated it if the steering rack was the issue. Also very good turn-around time, but I see what our US based friends are concerned about when they have quite long trips to their dealers ("agents" 🙄).

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked the car up today without any weird steering noises, seems the rivets are doing their job (again / for now).

It was raining but not too cold and even though the weather was miserable I honestly enjoyed the drive home a lot. Let's hope it wasn't the last opportunity to take her out this year.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And since actions speak louder than words:

(Sorry for the vertical upload, I just did a quick recording on my phone a few days ago when the issue appeared and didn't plan on uploading this)

The car arrived at my dealer beginning of October and has been there for around 7-8 weeks since then! The fact that I still managed to put nearly 2000km on it shows that I've been trying to drive it as much as I could in between.
(In case Lotus reads this and wants to have a chat about my ownership experience - I'll be more than happy to have a constructive conversation)
Hi there,

I can't see both videos anymore. It shows like Private Video.

I would like to resend them to my dealer in Bilbao so that they can double check the situation of the Demo car regarding this issue and the solution applied. Is it possible to view them again?

Thanks

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Bilbao-Emira Ha, yes - I decided to switch them to private after I realised that they were re-posted in a german Lotus forum where my posts were quoted and translated - plus commented. It felt as if there was a chat "about me" and my opinion was judged and criticised behind my back. Funnily enough, they even started posting shots of me driving around my home town today and commenting on how to Emira is the right fit for the kind of high-street it was "spotted on". Guess that's the kind of attention you get when the car is as rare as they are at the moment. (In all fairness, many greetings to all the nice and cool guys that replied to me there! ✌️🙂)

I'll switch the videos back online.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Bilbao-Emira Ha, yes - I decided to switch them to private after I realised that they were re-posted in a german Lotus forum where my posts were quoted and translated - plus commented. It felt as if there was a chat "about me" and my opinion was judged and criticised behind my back. Funnily enough, they even started posting shots of me driving around my home town today and commenting on how to Emira is the right fit for the kind of high-street it was "spotted on". Guess that's the kind of attention you get when the car is as rare as they are at the moment. (In all fairness, many greetings to all the nice and cool guys that replied to me there! ✌️🙂)

I'll switch the videos back online.
Just PM them to me, and I make sure they only go the right person in the dealer.
It's a pitty, people have lots of time to send shit to others. ENVY Haters 🥲

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seatbelts! Both have failed one after another on my car in the 24 hours after collection.
The passenger belt failed pretty much on first use, not wanting to pull out more than a few cm after being taken off, which was pretty inconvenient when in the middle of the nowhere with a passenger who could not reapply their belt. The drivers side felt a bit grabby when I tried to lean forward at junctions from the off and then failed completely when back at the Lotus dealership as I was demonstrating that it was also problematic.

I am told that someone is currently on their way across the country with replacement parts so that I can have the car back with me by close of play today 🤞which if they succeed is a much more acceptable outcome than the 2 week turnaround originally suggested.

It was stated that this is not an isolated incident with a few occurrences across Europe, although I am not sure if it is down to a sub standard batch or a design defect that has since been identified and rectified as the wording used could have implied both.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am pleased to report that the car is now back home with 2 new seatbelts and a software update - although not the one that fixes the wipers which I am told should come soon.

Hats off to Lotus for turning it around and thanks to the chap who travelled across from Hethel to fix it.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am pleased to report that the car is now back home with 2 new seatbelts and a software update - although not the one that fixes the wipers which I am told should come soon.
Hats off to Lotus for turning it around and thanks to the chap who travelled across from Hethel to fix it.

Which is the issue with the wipers?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Harry mentioned it in his Part 5 video. If you leave the wipers in auto-sensing you can't then manually switch it to the fastest speed. You have to turn off the ignition to reset it. A software update is coming in January to fix it.

Hethel Merman

Reaction score
I noticed on a couple of cars the seat belts look twisted. Maybe that's something to do with it.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Both demo cars I've driven had that twist. I guess it could potentially result in the twist travelling back into the tensioner and jamming, but isn't a twisted belt possible on any car? Surely the belts and tensioners are designed accordingly?

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Harry mentioned it in his Part 5 video. If you leave the wipers in auto-sensing you can't then manually switch it to the fastest speed. You have to turn off the ignition to reset it. A software update is coming in January to fix it.
Hi Tom. Do you happen to know when the software update is due? Is there another update too for an engine issue? My car is booked in with the dealer to have some ‘teething issues’ addressed and was hoping to avoid multiple visits.