❔ QUESTION Emira front ground clearance

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi there,

I was wondering what the experience has been with UK Emira owners regarding the front splitter/spoiler ground clearance. Have you had issues going over speed bumps, entering angled driveways, etc? I had a 911 turbo and was constantly aware of the front lip spoiler and would occasionally scrape it even despite my best efforts. Just curious how good/bad it has been with the Emira.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are two what I can only describe as hockey pucks under the nose that would act as first point of contact if you were to ground the nose. I was told by someone that Evora was the same although I don’t remember mine having them. Perhaps only the later 400 series had them.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are two what I can only describe as hockey pucks under the nose that would act as first point of contact if you were to ground the nose. I was told by someone that Evora was the same although I don’t remember mine having them. Perhaps only the later 400 series had them.
87C27B2C-FEB7-4200-8CA4-9A5ECCE11BB3.png

Referred to as Rubbing Blocks by Lotus

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm hoping that someone will be able to determine what the front approach angle actually is. I have a very steep underground parking ramp to navigate, and it's been hard to validate what the approach angle is. The U.S. cars may also be different than ROW.

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have managed to detach my front rubber splitter/spoiler 3 times I 2 years even being cautious when reversing out of my driveway. Never ripped it completely.
Very easy to reattach. Just a pain and inconvenience.
But have learned to live with the problem.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My 2001 Corvette that I used to own came from the factory with "lowering bolts". It was very easy to lower the car (20 minutes, tops) and it looked much better afterward. I did have to make wood ramps to drive the car up on so that I could get the hydraulic jack underneath.

My Mazda 3 is lowered on Eibach springs. I have to use ramps with extensions to get it up high enough to change the oil and filter.
When traversing speed bumps or driveways, I angle the car to avoid scraping.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Looks pretty decent clearance. Porsche overhang would be a big concern with my driveway.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It would be great if someone with the actual car would measure the exact clearance. with the distance from the front edge to wheel listed in the diagram and the angle of 7.9 degrees, that calculates to approx 132mm (5.2"). Sometimes real life doesn't always match what is shown on a diagram

Last edited:

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just measured, to the bottom of the small plastic rubbing blocks is about 132mm as calculated, to the base of the front lip was around 150mm. This is on sport suspension with around 850miles in case suspension settling plays a part. For reference a similar spot on my GT86 (plastic under tray about the same distance in) was around 110mm from the ground, and a Jaguar XF was about 180mm. Since the Emira has a flat underbody as well it seems like there's loads of ground clearance!