emira acceleration

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Seemed fast enough to 60 with some mechanical sympathy (if you want to see a car treated with contempt watch that irritating brummy on carwow) - there is only so fast you can accelerate in a manual car without ragging the clutch and box.
If straight line speed is vital to your life just by an EV 🤷‍♂️

And off the line straight line speed at that. Not enough is discussed about torque and how the Emira will leave a 35MPH corner. That is something you will do dozens of times when you go for a mountain or back country drive. You might also have another car with you on a friendly drive and will they be behind you after the corner???

@Porter had a great post about torque yesterday. I know my cars but people on here can have a technical torque discussion better than me. Along for the ride though. Pun intended.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And off the line straight line speed at that. Not enough is discussed about torque and how the Emira will leave a 35MPH corner. That is something you will do dozens of times when you go for a mountain or back country drive. You might also have another car with you on a friendly drive and will they be behind you after the corner???

@Porter had a great post about torque yesterday. I know my cars but people on here can have a technical torque discussion better than me. Along for the ride though. Pun intended.

It doesn't do the acceleration from 35mph that quickly either unless you mean something else?

I'd imagine the Emira's strong point would be mid corner speed.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It doesn't do the acceleration from 35mph that quickly either unless you mean something else?

I'd imagine the Emira's strong point would be mid corner speed.

I mean the whole dynamic, acceleration and balance. How does it feel? Fun, strong, go-kart-ish. A good torque curve adds to the dynamic.

I expect the Emira to be one of the best cars in the world to able to casually drive at a spirited pace but feel like you are going 1000MPH. Does that make sense??? Sure there are times when I am more focused but nothing just beats being able to cruise in a handling machine for 2 hours.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The question is really: what makes a car feel fast? I remember driving my MX-5 with the top down on the Great Ocean Road and it felt like I was doing the Kessel Run. But I’ve been in more exotic cars that feel like they’re crawling at high speeds.

Maybe a car needs a bit of road noise, a bit of shimmy and gruff, to let you know you’re going fast? One of the reasons I went with Lotus, assuming they kept a bit of that old-world mechanical grit.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, typically this is lightness and a car that rattles, with small wheels.

I remember taking the BMW M4 out from a dealer in Sunningdale , when it first came out.
I was giving it some beans down a B-Road when the salesman got animated and gave me the 'DO you realise how fast you are going?"

I looked down and it was, well, past getting banned on a motorway even.
I had absolutely no idea. I had gotten out of my integrale which was the complete opposite.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The Emira isn't a muscle car, it's a momentum driver's car. It should allow for a fairly high sustainable momentum if you drive it accordingly. Finesse and a light touch on the throttle. Should be a blast in the twisties.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I just don’t need to be told when to shift. Reminds me of some 90’s Japanese cars that had a blinking red up arrow when you got to 4000 rpm :-(
I never look at the tach when shifting. I know my car, and shift by sound. When in the twisties, it's eyes on the road, and shift by sound and/or as momentum and distance allows.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira isn't a muscle car, it's a momentum driver's car. It should allow for a fairly high sustainable momentum if you drive it accordingly. Finesse and a light touch on the throttle. Should be a blast in the twisties.
you described an Esprit GT3 experience...

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My Tesla model Y does 0-60 in 4.2

I would hope the lotus can keep up

Unlikely the V6 FE will be able to beat a Tesla Model Y Long Range to 60mph. Make that a Tesla Model Y AWD or Performance and there isn't a chance in hell.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Unlikely the V6 FE will be able to beat a Tesla Model Y Long Range to 60mph. Make that a Tesla Model Y AWD or Performance and there isn't a chance in hell.

My Tesla M3P is rated at 3.1 sec 0-60, I have long ago stopped worrying about 0-60 times. My M235i is a "fastish" car at around 4.8 sec and feels great as a daily driver and occasional track day. Still feels more fun to accelerate in than my Tesla despite being smoked by it in outright pace. It's not all about the speed but the sensation. The Emira at 4.3,4,5,6 or whatever is fine by me.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of my favorite cars that I now miss was a 2007 BMW 335i with manual transmission. It had the N54 3.0L TT producing an underrated 300hp/300tq. 0-60 mph in high 4 second. Very usable and enjoyable power on public roads. Using that as my reference, I think I’ll be satisfied with Emira’s acceleration too. I will of course ignore that Emira is twice the money and 15 years newer.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my favorite cars that I now miss was a 2007 BMW 335i with manual transmission. It had the N54 3.0L TT producing an underrated 300hp/300tq. 0-60 mph in high 4 second. Very usable and enjoyable power on public roads. Using that as my reference, I think I’ll be satisfied with Emira’s acceleration too. I will of course ignore that Emira is twice the money and 15 years newer.
Absolutely, we had exactly the same car before the M235i, it had more than its fair share of challenges tho, wastegate rattle, coil packs, water pump, turbos, crank seal leak etc etc. Fortunately all under warranty and then extended but a lovely car to drive.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a 2011 335i (N55) with an ECU tune from Cobb. More than fast enough for the road and not bad on track either. Just a joy to drive, but not the best on a bumpy twisty B road.