emira acceleration

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hadn’t read anywhere about them getting it to display Track mode. Only that they’d try to get it into Track mode but it was disabled.

It’s all speculation, as we don’t know anything about the context of the car or test drive. It obviously wasn’t sanctioned by Lotus.

I know it seems petty and maybe even childish, but I'll be extremely disappointed if the engine is locked down to 6.8k redline in all the modes. I'm already gritting my teeth at the thought of a detuned engine, which I was told wouldn't be the case in US.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It is so obvious from the lazy launch that this dude is an amateur.

The launch was so NOT violent. The car barely shook and initial traction delayed

Add in the fact that this dude shifts so slow, I am surprised that he was not slower.

Those shifts were so lazy. I could yawn in-between his shifts. Look at the reflection of his hand in the display, it is visible, and you see how slow he moves the shifter. OMG, those shifts are taking forever !! He is NOT banging gears, he slowly gliding the shifter. To get your best time the moment of the shifter should be like snapping a whip while pumping the clutch and NEVER let off the accelerator.

watch as he shifts from 3rd gear to 4th in the video, you can see in the reflection BOTH of his hands are on the wheel. He is NOT making a turn and is going straight, so why is one hand not on the shifter preparing way in advance for the next shift ? DUH

So he is driving straight, has to shift soon but keeps both hands on the wheel and then he takes his hand off to shift ?

Could you not tell ? His driving is a joke.

I have seen people with arthritis and nerve damage shift better than this dude.

Last edited:

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let's put it this way, there's room for improvement...

Here's a video of a Cayman GTS 4.0 with a manual. He's constantly getting times of less than 9s for 100-200kph.

These are crazy numbers of course and he's changing gears like a pdk, but you have to see that there are 2,5s difference between the targeted GTS 4.0 and this video of the Emira. Alone from this the Emira should be somewhere 10-10,5s for the 100-200kph in order to compete just a little bit. I do not even want to call for tie, but at least this the Emira should be capable of. Otherwise you really have to doubt the numbers, either bhp or weight which is not as it supposed to be, or probably both...

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Evora GT was very slow from 100-200/60-130 as well so this is not a surprise (it barely traps over 110 in the quarter mile) With this car you need to be comfortable with how underpowered it is and how bad the gearing is. Don't compare it to anything else because you'll always be disappointed in that aspect. Like I said it's the slowest sports car on sale today over 50k USD and the slowest car at its price range by a large margin. These numbers shouldn't shock anyone and shouldn't charge your minds on the car as this has been said since day 1

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
On the Hethel Yellow Emira video, it looks like the car only has 150 km (93 miles) on it, so it's new and hasn't been broken in yet. Sometimes manufacturers slightly hold back the tune on a brand new car until it's gotten past its break-in mileage. It doesn't appear the guy driving it wants to thrash it either, as he's driving what I'd call moderately, even though he's running it up to redline. Since it's brand new, the redline may also be restricted until it's broken in.

The video of the Cayman shows a car that's clearly broken in. Everything is smooth and fast. It also has a close-ratio gear set as the rpm's stay above 6500 from 4th to 5th to 6th when he's shifting. The Emira has that brand new stiff look, and that video probably shows the worst performance you'll get out of it.

The Emira isn't going to be a 1/4 miler, no Lotus has ever been designed for that, but a properly broken in car with someone who knows how to drive it will definitely do better than that video.

blackcat

Reaction score
Oooooops !! someone was told they were releasing unauthorized video before the embargo on reviews is up !!

someone got in trouble ...... hahahah
oh my i didnt even notice ha, its a shame that it got taken down though. We need more reviews rather then just seeing leaks and infromation they give us every now and then, cmon lotus

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Seemed fast enough to 60 with some mechanical sympathy (if you want to see a car treated with contempt watch that irritating brummy on carwow) - there is only so fast you can accelerate in a manual car without ragging the clutch and box.
If straight line speed is vital to your life just by an EV 🤷‍♂️

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yellow is faster because people see you approaching from behind and move over :)

I've regularly had this in the Evora on the motorway, as the car has a lot of presence and looks unusual in people's rearview mirror due to the headlights.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seemed fast enough to 60 with some mechanical sympathy (if you want to see a car treated with contempt watch that irritating brummy on carwow) - there is only so fast you can accelerate in a manual car without ragging the clutch and box.
If straight line speed is vital to your life just by an EV 🤷‍♂️
hope you realized that this car was displaying kp/h, not mp/h 😄 it took 5.2 to 60mp/h and another 11.7 from 60 to 125. Not that fast indeed. However with better shifting he could be quite a bit faster.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Dear Lotus, any chance of posting some actual figures without the * by the side?