emira acceleration

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Seems quick enough to me, not sure how it compares with the Evora

Looks like a very poor start. Possible wheel spin.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
According to the screen, the tire pressures aren't set properly, and it's 64 degrees. We also don't know what the humidity is or what tires are on the car. Is it the touring or sport suspension?

He's obviously on a track, but that doesn't look like Hethel. Interesting.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seems quick enough to me, not sure how it compares with the Evora

Looks like a very poor start. Possible wheel spin.
Even if you remove the wheel spin and just measure 100-200kph which is imho a better measure of power since that’s the typical out of a corner acceleration at the track — the Evora 400 did 100-200kph in 10.7 seconds, this is 13.5-ish seconds.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Even if you remove the wheel spin and just measure 100-200kph which is imho a better measure of power since that’s the typical out of a corner acceleration at the track — the Evora 400 did 100-200kph in 10.7 seconds, this is 13.5-ish seconds.
Something no right, Gav Kershaw claimed it was an Evora dialed up to 11

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I like the shift graphic.

Also, who is out here with an Emira to hoon on video? Why no other details?
Yeah it's cool!
But yet another unauthorised clip of an unknown preproduction car. Until we get the specs from Lotus we can't take much from this.
One thing that is clear to me though , the Emira won't be a fast (in a straight line) as the evora. The Evora is a lighter car with lower drag coefficient... so in a straight line it must be quicker.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I watched the video several times now, and it's about 11,5s for 100-200kph, which is not bad but also a little bit disappointing tbh. He is shifting two times from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. Beeing a manual it also depends on how fast you shift. And with turbo engines it is often better to stay on that torque band rather than shifting more, so maybe accelerating from 3rd to 4th could be beneficial as the Emira also has some torque available.

Second thing I noticed was that he only revs to 6800 rpm, I thought the 400bhp or 416bhp will be available at 7000rpm and the rev limiter will be at 7200rpm? Does it make a considerable difference up there? Anyone knows from the Evora or Exige V6?

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I watched the video several times now, and it's about 11,5s for 100-200kph, which is not bad but also a little bit disappointing tbh. He is shifting two times from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. Beeing a manual it also depends on how fast you shift. And with turbo engines it is often better to stay on that torque band rather than shifting more, so maybe accelerating from 3rd to 4th could be beneficial as the Emira also has some torque available.

Second thing I noticed was that he only revs to 6800 rpm, I thought the 400bhp or 416bhp will be available at 7000rpm and the rev limiter will be at 7200rpm? Does it make a considerable difference up there? Anyone knows from the Evora or Exige V6?
It gets to 400BHP if you slow the video down and 420nm torque on the dial.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It gets to 400BHP if you slow the video down and 420nm torque on the dial.

Yeah you can see on the right the power, torque and boost numbers.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 6.00.06 AM.png

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe he's asking why the redline appears to be well below 7000rpm. If you could hold peak power for another ~400rpm it would make a difference.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's odd, it's in Track mode but the redline hasn't increased. The shifting isn't very clean either. Wondering if the car hasn't been fully warmed up and if it has done it's running-in mileage.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The dude shifts like he is learning, huge pauses in-between.

Needs to be power shifted, never let off the gas, pump the clutch !!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's odd, it's in Track mode but the redline hasn't increased. The shifting isn't very clean either. Wondering if the car hasn't been fully warmed up and if it has done it's running-in mileage.
Maybe this was like the VP 007 car where you couldn't actually get it into track mode because it wasn't enabled.

HeReigns

Reaction score
My guess is the redline is 6800 and that accounts for the missing 16hp.

Attachments

• 6800MAXRPM (1).pdf
    169.7 KB · Views: 77

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Redline is 6800rpm in Tour drive mode, 7000rpm in Sport and Track.

My understanding was VP007 had Track mode disabled. In this video the display shows "Track" (and TC off) and the screen layout is the Track one, so it appears they've managed to switch it to Track.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Redline is 6800rpm in Tour drive mode, 7000rpm in Sport and Track.

My understanding was VP007 had Track mode disabled. In this video the display shows "Track" (and TC off) and the screen layout is the Track one, so it appears they've managed to switch it to Track.
Yes but it may still not be active. Wasn't one of the guys from TG able to make it look like it was in track mode on the VP car, but it didn't actually switch over because Lotus had said it wasn't enabled?

Reactions: ADC

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hadn’t read anywhere about them getting it to display Track mode. Only that they’d try to get it into Track mode but it was disabled.

It’s all speculation, as we don’t know anything about the context of the car or test drive. It obviously wasn’t sanctioned by Lotus.