Delay if you change your saved configuration

CheshireCat

Reaction score
How much does changing your configuration delay delivery?

With the new configurator I plan to change my order considerably: Verdant to Nimbus, grey leather to red leather, add upper black pack, yellow to red callipers. Just keeping silver wheels. I made a first deposit 12 July and am guessing I would be looking at July or August delivery.
I am sure there will be a lot of changes at the time of 3rd call and final deposit but maybe not so extensive.
Does anyone have any info on this?

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How much does changing your configuration delay delivery?

With the new configurator I plan to change my order considerably: Verdant to Nimbus, grey leather to red leather, add upper black pack, yellow to red callipers. Just keeping silver wheels. I made a first deposit 12 July and am guessing I would be looking at July or August delivery.
I am sure there will be a lot of changes at the time of 3rd call and final deposit but maybe not so extensive.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Maybe they'll deliver you the wheels in July and the rest a few months later? ;-)

When I asked a similar question on the phone, (want to see the colours & drive the car before final commitment) - they said all things can be changed up to the point of final deposit / locking in the order, but changes will be assessed on a case by case basis as to whether there would be an impact on delivery times as some things are easier to change than others once the build has been scheduled.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
12 July deposit puts you after the big peak of interest at Goodwood so realistically I think may put you into Sept, depending how many drop out when asked to commit. For people after the June batch, it looks like final commit point will be 3-4 months before delivery so you're probably a May timeframe for committing, maybe April or maybe later.

If you know you want to make changes it's worth advising Lotus sooner rather than later, before they get too far into production scheduling for your batch.

OP
C

CheshireCat

Reaction score
12 July deposit puts you after the big peak of interest at Goodwood so realistically I think may put you into Sept, depending how many drop out when asked to commit. For people after the June batch, it looks like final commit point will be 3-4 months before delivery so you're probably a May timeframe for committing, maybe April or maybe later.

If you know you want to make changes it's worth advising Lotus sooner rather than later, before they get too far into production scheduling for your batch.
Thanks I will speak to Lotus

OP
C

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Phoned lotus customer care. Changed all over the phone without any trouble. Very helpful.
Advised there should be option to change locked in specifications up to the time of third deposit on the configurator but not sure when that will be available.
Thanks all for advice.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Phoned lotus customer care. Changed all over the phone without any trouble. Very helpful.
Advised there should be option to change locked in specifications up to the time of third deposit on the configurator but not sure when that will be available.
Thanks all for advice.
Oh good god. Please tell me they didn't actually say "there should be option to change locked in specifications up to the time of third deposit on the configurator but not sure when that will be available" 🤣

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Oh good god. Please tell me they didn't actually say "there should be option to change locked in specifications up to the time of third deposit on the configurator but not sure when that will be available" 🤣
I've got to the point where I'm fed up changing my mind due to indecision. I'm gonna let it play out now.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m on the June list. Lotus told me earlier in the week that any changes I make to my configuration at this point would push me back into July.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I did mean telling customers there is a 3rd deposit and spec lock in again! But I hear you lol
i still cant believe the suspension decision is floating round in my head still - cant wait for further information to confuse me more!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I did mean telling customers there is a 3rd deposit and spec lock in again! But I hear you lol
We don’t know for certain yet if the dropping of 3rd deposit step is only for June batch or for everyone. The June batch can’t see press reviews or demo cars, so may be being given that 30 day cancellation option rather than 3rd deposit.

July delivery batch will get to see reviews/demos before they get to Delivery Minus 3-4 Months commit point. So 3rd deposit may still apply for them. We’ll know for sure in March.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Australian orders were locked in on 14 January, with a majority of builds starting June-July (delivery Sep-Oct).

After seeing the new configurator I've requested not to have the black pack (it was in my original spec), and my dealer has said they can request the change, but it may be too late.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Australian orders were locked in on 14 January, with a majority of builds starting June-July (delivery Sep-Oct).

After seeing the new configurator I've requested not to have the black pack (it was in my original spec), and my dealer has said they can request the change, but it may be too late.
That’s weird Im in Sydney and was told July delivery for my car. My spec was locked in from October last year. Do you know if you’re in the first or second batch of cars to arrive?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

When we were at Hethel there were countdown clocks everywhere, pointing to start of build of customer cars from 7 March. Those will be the June UK delivery batch.

So it’s hard to see how a delivery in Sept is already too late to change from BP to not. Fingers crossed for you.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
When we were at Hethel there were countdown clocks everywhere, pointing to start of build of customer cars from 7 March. Those will be the June UK delivery batch.

So it’s hard to see how a delivery in Sept is already too late to change from BP to not. Fingers crossed for you.
Tom do you think we will be able to identify the order of built cars from the vin number, ie xxxzzs00001 first car 00006 6th built etc?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably. They don’t run in precise number order and the VIN has other elements that mean you can’t just use the last 5-6 digits.

For example there is often a model year flag and an LHD/RHD flag. There will almost certainly be a V6/i4 flag for Emira. So we may know build order for 2022 V6 RHD but not how the LHD cars interleave.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That’s weird Im in Sydney and was told July delivery for my car. My spec was locked in from October last year. Do you know if you’re in the first or second batch of cars to arrive?

I’m not sure of my place in the queue (around the middle?). Sounds as if some Aust cars are being made in the first UK batches, if your sales guy is correct. Kudos!

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m not sure of my place in the queue (around the middle?). Sounds as if some Aust cars are being made in the first UK batches, if your sales guy is correct. Kudos!
Who knows mate, being drip fed info. So anything until 100% confirmed isn’t in my opinion. Congrats 🎉 on your purchase mate 🙂.

boozyjay

Reaction score
I received this email reply today from customer services about me deleting the privacy glass option I originally chose with my order. It may put a few peoples minds at rest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have logged your request to amend the submitted configuration specifically removal of privacy glass. This will not put your order back in terms of receiving a build allocation. Once you have been provided with a build allocation we will look to reconfirm your configuration and can confirm with factory if there would be any delay to delivery.