Can you change Emira First Edition 1.0 order to a new color?

Dr.JDK

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Since there are 7 new colors introduced lately. I cannot help myself but play a different color theme in my mind. I asked my dealer if I can change my color or my order since the car isn't produced and when it will be produced still remains unknown, but the dealer said that it cannot be changed "per Lotus".
Do we, US first-edition depositors, have a better communication channel than talking to dealerships who are also in the dark to Lotus?
I just think it is fair to offer customers the option to change their order. In my honest opinion, changing our orders, especially just the exterior color does not mess up their production schedule at all at this moment...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am thinking of changing dark verdant to zinc grey...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Since there are 7 new colors introduced lately. I cannot help myself but play a different color theme in my mind. I asked my dealer if I can change my color or my order since the car isn't produced and when it will be produced still remains unknown, but the dealer said that it cannot be changed "per Lotus".
Do we, US first-edition depositors, have a better communication channel than talking to dealerships who are also in the dark to Lotus?
I just think it is fair to offer customers the option to change their order. In my honest opinion, changing our orders, especially just the exterior color does not mess up their production schedule at all at this moment...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am thinking of changing dark verdant to zinc grey...

I agree that we should be allowed to change spec, especially since production hasn't even started. However, I doubt you'll be able to. I heard something about a "MyLotus" site that was supposed to be made available for customers with builds after April that we could access to view progress and tweak our specs, but doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon (at least not for US customers who are kept in the dark).

OP
Dr.JDK

Dr.JDK

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree that we should be allowed to change spec, especially since production hasn't even started. However, I doubt you'll be able to. I heard something about a "MyLotus" site that was supposed to be made available for customers with builds after April that we could access to view progress and tweak our specs, but doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon (at least not for US customers who are kept in the dark).
Yeah, that is frustrating. I hate just ranting on the internet. At least I want a Lotus Rep to tell me no and give me a concrete reason.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the posts on facebook was to my dealer in Orlando and they advised unable to make changes, I would check with your dealer to confirm though. I'm happy with Seneca though

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Your first discussion should be with your dealer. In the UK there is a build date when the extra colours start being available. I’m not sure if Lotus are timing it the same in other countries or aligning it to batches. US FE 1.0 vs 2.0 may be the split.

You can try Lotus Cars USA rather than your dealer. Contact Tammy McKenzie - she is Emira Customer Relationship Manager for the US, based at Hethel: [email protected]

OP
Dr.JDK

Dr.JDK

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Your first discussion should be with your dealer. In the UK there is a build date when the extra colours start being available. I’m not sure if Lotus are timing it the same in other countries or aligning it to batches. US FE 1.0 vs 2.0 may be the split.

You can try Lotus Cars USA rather than your dealer. Contact Tammy McKenzie - she is Emira Customer Relationship Manager for the US, based at Hethel: [email protected]
I asked my dealer first. They rejected my request almost immediately. That sparks my quest for a better communication channel.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I emailed Tammy earlier today asking about the new colors and our options. Will report back if I get a response.

Never got an email respone and just left my 2nd long distance voicemail. Really tired of being kept in the dark and running out of patience here.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just to contribute, my very first email confirming the new colors and FE 2.0 from my dealer made it clear that these colors would not be available for FE 1.0. These new colors were only intended for FE 2.0 and base, and I have never had communication that made it seem otherwise.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Never got an email respone and just left my 2nd long distance voicemail. Really tired of being kept in the dark and running out of patience here.
My guess is no. If you are grandfathered in with the original price, they're not going to allow a color change to any of the new colors. I figure they already have contracts and pricing with the supplier(s) for quantities of the original 6 colors, and they don't have those same prices with any of the new colors because they haven't used any of those yet.

Based on the existing order book for all the original hard orders for the FE, which includes all the color options people have already chosen, they know exactly how much paint to order for each of the original 6 colors. They have no idea what the popularity or lack thereof for the new colors is going to be. They also have to negotiate a new contract for them which I'm sure will include higher prices than the original 6 colors, because inflation affects everything, including paint.

So no, I doubt Lotus is going to let anyone switch to any of the new colors and still keep their original grandfathered pricing. They may say you can change color, but you'll have to pay the new pricing for the car. If someone doesn't mind paying another $11k, which is actually not much different than a full paint job would be, they'll probably be able to change colors. They'll just have to wait even longer to get their car.

This is a guess, it's only a guess. In the event of actual data, your results may vary.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
If someone doesn't mind paying another $11k, which is actually not much different than a full paint job would be, they'll probably be able to change colors.

Bespoke Evora colors were ~$8200 IIRC.

But yes, I imagine you are correct about not being able to change colors. However it'll be yet another slap in the face to early deposit holders when NA customer cars arrive at the same time in all 13 colors.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score

But yes, I imagine you are correct about not being able to change colors. However it'll be yet another slap in the face to early deposit holders when NA customer cars arrive at the same time in all 13 colors.
I see your point and that would frustrate me too. However, at this point I'd take the car in neon pink if I knew it wouldn't be delayed again and would actually function as intended (not spend the first 10 weeks of ownership waiting for a failed part at the dealership). My biggest concern is waiting years through delays, getting it, and flatbed-ing it right back.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

I wouldn't be at all surprised if paints, especially exotic metallics, have gone up in price.

I don't really consider it a slap in the face since they're going to be paying at least $11k more than I am. I'm not exactly enchanted with any of the new colors, although I do like the dark metallic blue, however both my Camaro and my Alfa are dark metallic blue, so I wanted something different. VERY dark metallic green lol.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I do like the dark metallic blue

Exactly this. I've had anxiety about ordering Seneca since the beginning and hoped for something like Atlantis or Meridian to come out. I dislike baby blue/aqua colors on cars and Seneca sometimes appears that way in certain photos/renderings. My very first car with a dark blue '88 Acura Legend with black interior and it'd be awesome to get the same combo on my first exotic sportscar.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly this. I've had anxiety about ordering Seneca since the beginning and hoped for something like Atlantis or Meridian to come out. I dislike baby blue/aqua colors on cars and Seneca sometimes appears that way in certain photos/renderings. My very first car with a dark blue '88 Acura Legend with black interior and it'd be awesome to get the same combo on my first exotic sportscar.
I'm likely getting a FE2.0 I can spec the way you want it if you want to switch. :p I'm wanting Seneca unless I really like Atlantis when see in person (next month)

Since your car is probably being built after the cutoff they said you should be able to get one of the new colors...but they won't let you....because.

My dealer told me once I order there can be NO changes to anything.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
My dealer told me once I order there can be NO changes to anything.

I was told that too. I was also told I could make slight changes. Then I was told there was a fancy new MyLotus site coming where customers could adjust and view order status. o_O

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was told that too. I was also told I could make slight changes. Then I was told there was a fancy new MyLotus site coming where customers could adjust and view order status. o_O
"MyLotus" is live for us in the UK - but we're on the Lotus direct sales model - there's currently no US equivalent for dealer sales.....

0pirates0

Reaction score
according to the statement of Lotus in my region, yes but i need to wait maybe another year for the new color

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
According to latest reports, I MAY get my car this December, but I'm expecting it will be more like January or February of next year. I was 69 years old and still working when I placed my deposit in July of 2021. I have since retired, and I will be 72 by the time I get my car. Who knew?