Dealer experiences in Switzerland

denk0815

Reaction score
Has anyone else had such a bad experience with their local dealer?

I am in Switzerland and expressed interest via the website and contacted two dealers in the vicinity by email (I live on the border and therefore have two within 50 km). I called one of them in February because I hadn't heard anything for weeks and then found out that a vehicle was on site for me to look at. That day I made a deposit and since then there has been no news.

Is this normal practice at Lotus?
At Porsche and Renault I even had lunch with the salesmen and regularly receive information about vehicles that interest me ...

Last edited by a moderator:

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I am in Switzerland and expressed interest via the website and contacted two dealers in the vicinity by email (I live on the border and therefore have two within 50 km). I called one of them in February because I hadn't heard anything for weeks and then found out that a vehicle was on site for me to look at. That day I made a deposit and since then there has been no news.

At Porsche and Renault I even had lunch with the salesmen and regularly receive information about vehicles that interest me ...

The only Lotus dealership in our country is fine but I have a very bad experience with Porsche Prague. They are the first to check if you are on the Forbes list of the richest, and if you are not, they will not even answer your email.

When you go there to buy parts for an older Porsche, they show you that you are a substandard customer for them. This is something you don't want, never again Porsche in the Czech Republic. :(

Anyway, I understand that the dealer's approach can decide your relationship with the brand.

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I have my car on Order aswell in Switzerland. My experience so far:
2 invitations (1 for configuration, 1 for seeing the car in person (demo))
Had some nice conversations there.
And then some Mails/Newsletters about events they do (but never with Emira involved).
Last Week i got a model-car as a christmas-gift from them which was nice.
Else, there is sadly not alot of communication. But i also think there is not much to communicate. If they have no new information, there is no need for contacting me imo.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And then some Mails/Newsletters about events they do (but never with Emira involved).
Else, there is sadly not alot of communication. But i also think there is not much to communicate. If they have no new information, there is no need for contacting me imo.
This is considerably better than Canadian dealers.... @1stczechemira I agree with your sentiment that your dealer relationship is just an important factor for the brand and if you choose to deal with them.

OP
denk0815

denk0815

Reaction score
You are not in St. Gallen, are you?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, St Gallen as well as Luzern.

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Excited, that last weekend finally a car has been delivered to my dealer and test drives are possible this coming weekend.
Still worried, that we had to wait this long (in comparison to all other european countries => Germany for example october 22 customer deliveries).
I hope that customer-cars (including mine) will be delivered soon, since spring-weather is coming through. Dealer can't make clear statements about delivery yet...

Edit: It's at least 2 cars they got @ Kumschick. Not sure if one of them is a customer-car

Last edited:

brightoncorgi

Reaction score
If anyone in CH has an Evora they plan to trade in on an Emira... I have a cousin looking to buy an Evora who might offer a better price to buy than the dealer is giving on a trade. PM me if you are in that situation.

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Excited, that last weekend finally a car has been delivered to my dealer and test drives are possible this coming weekend.
Still worried, that we had to wait this long (in comparison to all other european countries => Germany for example october 22 customer deliveries).
I hope that customer-cars (including mine) will be delivered soon, since spring-weather is coming through. Dealer can't make clear statements about delivery yet...

Edit: It's at least 2 cars they got @ Kumschick. Not sure if one of them is a customer-car
Follow Up to my last Message:
They actually got 6 cars in total, including a few customer cars (sadly not mine yet). I was able to Testdrive the car on saturday and it was a blast. 25 Minutes of Curvy Backroads. First Impressions are great. The car was on Touring Suspension with winter tyres. It handled great, braking was on point and the sound was also good (lots of burbling and when getting the revs in it sounds amazing imo). If i can trust my dealer (and i think i can) i'll be getting my car late March / early April.
Can't wait.