Competitors

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Obviously, there are many cars one could get for the money, new or second-hand, but I honestly see no direct rivals, brand new, at all. I base this on looks alone.

All of the others mentioned on this list are not fit to even be scraped off the Emira's Goodyears...

1. Nissan Z
2. Toyota Supra (esp with the manual)
3. Porsche cayman/boxster
4. BMW G87 M2
5. C8 Corvette/Z06 (impossible to get without ADM)
6. Audi TT-RS (discont. 2022)

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Obviously, there are many cars one could get for the money, new or second-hand, but I honestly see no direct rivals, brand new, at all. I base this on looks alone.

All of the others mentioned on this list are not fit to even be scraped off the Emira's Goodyears...

1. Nissan Z
2. Toyota Supra (esp with the manual)
3. Porsche cayman/boxster
4. BMW G87 M2
5. C8 Corvette/Z06 (impossible to get without ADM)
6. Audi TT-RS (discont. 2022)

Tend to agree, I think the most direct competitors are those that are getting cross-shopped and we can see as cross-section of that here from people who have multiple deposits on cars. Closest competitors by that measure appear to be the Corvette and 718. The Corvette is larger and doesn’t offer a manual box, and the 718s are aging with the newest special ones difficult to buy and marked up into orbit. The next gen will not have a gasoline engine.

Looking at this list it also makes me wonder… I know people don’t like to compare the Emira to Elise and I fully understand why, but in a few years the Emira could end up being the “Elise” of the next generation - lighter, more analog, and smaller than the competition on offer in 2026. The Elise meanwhile will feel more and more like the Caterham by comparison to everything else.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My neighbor today “whose corvette was that in your driveway”…

“Um, that’s actually a Lotus Evora…”

We spoke for a bit but he wasn’t having it. They’re all Vettes to him.

I can’t wait to explain the Emira is a different car and it’s also not a Vette.

:)

#ForTheVettes

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus clearly missed a trick with model naming for the US. If they’d called it the Lotus eVette it would have been a huge hit - sounds like it’s a Corvette but might be Lotus handling and possibly electric too. Perhaps they should rename the Eletre in the US :)

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My other option was (and probably still is if I hate the Magma) the Jaguar F-type.

The Nissan Z would also be a ripper car for the price, despite the overly conservative looks.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my list, but it's a bit all over the place...

- Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD
- Porsche 911 GT3
- Porsche 911 Carrera S w/Aero package
- Porsche Cayman GT4 (kinda, maybe not)
- Tesla Roadster II (unavailable)
- Audi R8 V10
- Ferrari 458 Italia
- Corvette Z06 (deposit placed)

If I'm unhappy with the Emira there will be a lot of soul searching. I almost ordered the Huracan before the Emira reveal, so that'll probably be the winner. We'll see. My ideal car, on paper, would be the Roadster II... it would provide the supercar vibes while being completely daily drivable. Special/rare and practical.
I’m totally with you on this list (with a few minor tweaks). It’s not about the cost it’s about the emotion, it’s about what floats your boat!

My view is that I’m lucky enough to be able to afford an Emira with no finance (which his my preferred way) but if I’m not loving it I plan on selling it and buying another car with finance. I want a fun car that I love to own and drive….

On my list I’ve upped the GT3 to an GT3 RS, I’ve swap the carrera for a Mercedes GTR Pro/Premium and being based in the UK the corvette just isn’t on my radar!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m totally with you on this list (with a few minor tweaks). It’s not about the cost it’s about the emotion, it’s about what floats your boat!

My view is that I’m lucky enough to be able to afford an Emira with no finance (which his my preferred way) but if I’m not loving it I plan on selling it and buying another car with finance. I want a fun car that I love to own and drive….

On my list I’ve upped the GT3 to an GT3 RS, I’ve swap the carrera for a Mercedes GTR Pro/Premium and being based in the UK the corvette just isn’t on my radar!
I'm hoping this new Lotus really does it for me, otherwise I'm always going to be having that nagging feeling that it's not the car I want to keep for long time. If cost wasn't an issue, I would be going for a Lamborghini Aventador, there's something about that incredible V10 sound that cannot be beat. I also plan to buy my Emira without financing, which is why I've never even considered a Lamborghini. I just can't fathom paying five or six percent on some crazy amount of money for a car that would need very expensive services and the insurance would probably be crazy as well. I guess I could probably swing it, but it wouldn't really be the best thing for my investment strategy for my retirement 😄

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
GT4 (deposit placed, in case I can't get Emira)
GR Corolla (deposit placed)
Used Evora GT
Porsche 944
Audi RS6
Used GT4

Future:
Alpine/Lotus Electric
MR2 Electric
Future Emira variant

Out of my price range but want:
NSX

Weyland

Reaction score
Competitors - I'd say M2 CS, 718 GTS at that price point, also Alpine A110 - none of those excite me though!

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus' offer a unique feel and driving experience. Only competes with ExigeV6/Evora. Its unlike anything else. I sold Exige (heartbreaking) in search for even better Lotus' experience...

Note; I have GT3 Manual and 458 Spider in the garage...but Lotus is totally different experience wise.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Lotus' offer a unique feel and driving experience. Only competes with ExigeV6/Evora. Its unlike anything else. I sold Exige (heartbreaking) in search for even better Lotus' experience...

Note; I have GT3 Manual and 458 Spider in the garage...but Lotus is totally different experience wise.
You have my (almost) dream garage. Those are 2 amazing cars you own.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Owning some of the best cars in the business, it’s quite something that you’re still longing for that Lotus magic.

Shame that you let go of the Exige but I guess you had to make room for the Emira!

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score

How would you compare them??

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would be going for a Lamborghini Aventador, there's something about that incredible V10 sound
IMG_20220601_000430_926.jpg

😉

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Owning some of the best cars in the business, it’s quite something that you’re still longing for that Lotus magic.

Shame that you let go of the Exige but I guess you had to make room for the Emira!
Indeed…very much looking forward to Emira coming end of year. Nimbus Grey V6 Manual with full blackpack, black wheels, black callipers, black alcantara interior. I have superhigh expectations.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How would you compare them??
GT3 Manual… race car for the street, mega addictive, 911’s are soooooo good. If there would be one weekend car left in the garage it would be a GT3 Manual…

458 Spider… best Ferrari I owned…super comfortable, spider so supernise for sunny days…very beautiful.

For me the perfect 2 car garage for weekend rides…