Top Gear - First Look at the Lotus Emira

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Meet the new £60k, 400bhp Lotus Emira. Yep, it's another Lotus rebirth. But thanks to the exciting new Emira, this one feels very real. And there’s a real shock: the Emira is propelled entirely by little explosions that happen in an engine. It isn't even a hybrid. And doesn’t have an electric future, either. Therefore, it surely qualifies as an instant classic. But will this £60k two-seat 400bhp sports car be able to see off the tough competition from Porsche’s Cayman, the BMW M2, Alpine A110 and Toyota Supra? Well, here’s Top Gear Magazine’s Ollie Marriage with all the info you need to know about it.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Meet the new £60k, 400bhp Lotus Emira. Yep, it's another Lotus rebirth. But thanks to the exciting new Emira, this one feels very real. And there’s a real shock: the Emira is propelled entirely by little explosions that happen in an engine. It isn't even a hybrid. And doesn’t have an electric future, either. Therefore, it surely qualifies as an instant classic. But will this £60k two-seat 400bhp sports car be able to see off the tough competition from Porsche’s Cayman, the BMW M2, Alpine A110 and Toyota Supra? Well, here’s Top Gear Magazine’s Ollie Marriage with all the info you need to know about it.
I watched this the other day, among the many other early reviews on youtube, good angle and content, well presented as you would expect.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find some of the youtube reviewers like schmee and the "seen through glass" guy a bit hard work and tiring to watch? I take my hat off to both of them for getting the profile and followers they have but if they just turned it down a notch they'd be easier on the ear. Harsh or true?

daniel heald

Reaction score
I watched this the other day, among the many other early reviews on youtube, good angle and content, well presented as you would expect.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find some of the youtube reviewers like schmee and the "seen through glass" guy a bit hard work and tiring to watch? I take my hat off to both of them for getting the profile and followers they have but if they just turned it down a notch they'd be easier on the ear. Harsh or true?
Yes strange how those old cliched sayings reverberate in the world.

Less is more springs to mind regarding so many Yutubers. Give me the more measured approach of Harry any day. Boy I risk being the old fogey!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes strange how those old cliched sayings reverberate in the world.

Less is more springs to mind regarding so many Yutubers. Give me the more measured approach of Harry any day. Boy I risk being the old fogey!
Spot on - I love Harry's relaxed, natural style - he has a oodles of inate charm without needing to try too hard, such an engaging guy to listen to.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Gotta love that vintage John Player Special livery there towards the end! I had a race car that I did in a similar style :cool:
Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 2.59.37 PM.png