Canadian Allocations

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is there merit to the discussion of the FE V6 2.0? (North America FE V6 2.0 Buyers Thread)

If this is indeed true, there was a reference made in that thread to the fact that the US is getting 600 FE V6 2.0? Does anyone know how many we Canadians are getting? If any?

If this is a reality, has anyone contacted their Canadian dealers to see what they have to say? (not that they would give us any tangible information)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is there merit to the discussion of the FE V6 2.0? (North America FE V6 2.0 Buyers Thread)

If this is indeed true, there was a reference made in that thread to the fact that the US is getting 600 FE V6 2.0? Does anyone know how many we Canadians are getting? If any?

If this is a reality, has anyone contacted their Canadian dealers to see what they have to say? (not that they would give us any tangible information)
My guess.... and it is only a guess, the Canadian market won't receive any FE 2.0's. Our configurator has not changed and going by previous US pricing and the new announced US increase, the Canadian price would not make sense. It would be directly priced against a 992 911 T. Not any Cayman variant.

Only caveat is if they keep current Canadian pricing and add a couple more Canadian allocations here and there. I asked my dealer and they said they never heard of V6 FE 2.0 or of any delays. They are just not communicating. Terrible.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My guess.... and it is only a guess, the Canadian market won't receive any FE 2.0's. Our configurator has not changed and going by previous US pricing and the new announced US increase, the Canadian price would not make sense. It would be directly priced against a 992 911 T. Not any Cayman variant.

Only caveat is if they keep current Canadian pricing and add a couple more Canadian allocations here and there. I asked my dealer and they said they never heard of V6 FE 2.0 or of any delays. They are just not communicating. Terrible.
Was that dealer not at the recent March 8th meeting, where those details were discussed (according to Gator Motorsports brief)?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was that dealer not at the recent March 8th meeting, where those details were discussed (according to Gator Motorsports brief)?
Oh yes he was... said the internet is full of rumours. Never heard anything like that at the meeting. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It has been quite some time since I talked to my dealer (Gentry Lane - Toronto). So, I thought I would give them a call to get the latest. All they could/would tell me is that no cars will be delivered in 2023 and first car delivery in 2024. When I asked about the potential V6 FE2.0, he had no clue what I was talking about. (He thought I was referring to the I4 FE) Lotus USA has never mentioned a V6 FE2.0 to them and they do not believe that it will happen.

Has anyone else spoken to their Canadian dealer lately? Just curious if we are all getting consistent information.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It has been quite some time since I talked to my dealer (Gentry Lane - Toronto). So, I thought I would give them a call to get the latest. All they could/would tell me is that no cars will be delivered in 2023 and first car delivery in 2024. When I asked about the potential V6 FE2.0, he had no clue what I was talking about. (He thought I was referring to the I4 FE) Lotus USA has never mentioned a V6 FE2.0 to them and they do not believe that it will happen.

Has anyone else spoken to their Canadian dealer lately? Just curious if we are all getting consistent information.
Much to be confused (and concerned) about.
The apparent good news is you were spared the recent price increase. The bad news no FE 2.0 cars to affix it to.
If only someone actually knew what is going on.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

haha, that just makes me laugh... "no idea what a 2.0 F/E is..." Pretty crazy the levels of service in Canada. My guess is they are tired of the delays and everything else going on and rather not talk to existing depositors and rather get new depositors in their place.

Anyone from Vancouver, Montreal or Calgary have any better info than the GTA dealers have?

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Apparently Gentry (Toronto) has over 200 deposits. With so much delay in the release of this car, I asked if they had many cancellations... they claimed barely any. I find that hard to believe with so many delays.

I'm curious to know how many depositors the other dealers are at (Oakville, Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary)?

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Apparently Gentry (Toronto) has over 200 deposits. With so much delay in the release of this car, I asked if they had many cancellations... they claimed barely any. I find that hard to believe with so many delays.

I'm curious to know how many depositors the other dealers are at (Oakville, Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary)?
Might be hard to get that info from Oakville. I have had a deposit with them since July 12th, 2021. There has been no indication even though I have asked, how far down on the list I am. I did get an email from them about a month ago regarding production starting in August and different colour options. I guess I wait until i get a phone call.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I asked my local dealer a few weeks ago (I’m in Vancouver) about cancellations. He said approximately 15 people have cancelled. But not enough to bump me to the FE slots.

I placed my deposit back in Jan 2023, and I was the 159 depositor on the wait list. So there were as many as 159 depositors back in January. Not sure how many piled on after me though.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus Vancouver told me I should be able to get into a FE 2.0 about a month ago. They anticipated the first cars to arrive in Q4 2023. I am a 2021 deposit holder.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus Vancouver told me I should be able to get into a FE 2.0 about a month ago. They anticipated the first cars to arrive in Q4 2023. I am a 2021 deposit holder.
Are you saying Lotus Vancouver admitted the FE 2.0 exists?

Toronto dealers have reportedly said they have never heard of 2.0 F/E’s. The mystery continues in Canada.

themeatbaron

Reaction score

Toronto dealers have reportedly said they have never heard of 2.0 F/E’s. The mystery continues in Canada.
What I got from Tony at Oakville back in April.

We are thrilled to announce that Lotus has introduced new colors for the Lotus model Emira, and we can't wait for you to see them! The Emira has always been an eye-catching car, and these new colours only add to its appeal. We are confident that you will love the new options that we have added to our lineup.

The new colours available for the Lotus Emira are Vivid Red (solid), Meridian Blue (metallic), Zinc Grey (solid), Atlantis Blue (metallic), Osmium Silver (metallic), Cosmos Black (metallic), and Mist White (solid). Each of these colours has been carefully chosen to give you a wide range of options when it comes to customizing your Emira to your taste.

We are also excited to announce that the 2024 model year will begin production in August of 2023 as the V2 of the First Edition. This updated version of the Emira will feature all of the new colour options, along with some other enhancements that we know you will appreciate.

In addition to the 7 new paint colours, the nose badge, wheel centres and key fob will have the change of Corporate Identity to black feature. The addition of a practical passenger footwell stowage net concludes the Emira V6 First Edition V2 changes.

Thank you for your continued support of Lotus, and we look forward to helping you find the perfect Emira in the color that speaks to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions. We are here 9-5 Mon to Sat .

Best Regards,

Tony

Lotus of Oakville

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Absolutely, yes. According to Lotus Vancouver the FE 2.0 both exists and will be coming to its customers in the future. I’ve got it in writing. :)

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What I got from Tony at Oakville back in April.

We are thrilled to announce that Lotus has introduced new colors for the Lotus model Emira, and we can't wait for you to see them! The Emira has always been an eye-catching car, and these new colours only add to its appeal. We are confident that you will love the new options that we have added to our lineup.

The new colours available for the Lotus Emira are Vivid Red (solid), Meridian Blue (metallic), Zinc Grey (solid), Atlantis Blue (metallic), Osmium Silver (metallic), Cosmos Black (metallic), and Mist White (solid). Each of these colours has been carefully chosen to give you a wide range of options when it comes to customizing your Emira to your taste.

We are also excited to announce that the 2024 model year will begin production in August of 2023 as the V2 of the First Edition. This updated version of the Emira will feature all of the new colour options, along with some other enhancements that we know you will appreciate.

In addition to the 7 new paint colours, the nose badge, wheel centres and key fob will have the change of Corporate Identity to black feature. The addition of a practical passenger footwell stowage net concludes the Emira V6 First Edition V2 changes.

Thank you for your continued support of Lotus, and we look forward to helping you find the perfect Emira in the color that speaks to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions. We are here 9-5 Mon to Sat .

Best Regards,

Tony

Lotus of Oakville
WOW... I was not expecting that response! Great news!

It is very irritating that we can't get consistent information from our dealers.

I am also quite surprised that Oakville actually issued something to their deposit holders. Since putting in my deposit (in September 2021), I have yet to receive any notifications, newsletter, email blast, etc. from Gentry Lane. I didn't even get a notification that they received a demo for test drives.

The only quality information I have received is hearsay from this forum. Thank you to all those who contribute to this forum. Without you, I'd be a mushroom... sitting in the dark and being fed shit!

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The rumor was true!
But I haven’t heard about the key fob.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
WOW... I was not expecting that response! Great news!

It is very irritating that we can't get consistent information from our dealers.

I am also quite surprised that Oakville actually issued something to their deposit holders. Since putting in my deposit (in September 2021), I have yet to receive any notifications, newsletter, email blast, etc. from Gentry Lane. I didn't even get a notification that they received a demo for test drives.

The only quality information I have received is hearsay from this forum. Thank you to all those who contribute to this forum. Without you, I'd be a mushroom... sitting in the dark and being fed shit!
I'm treated like a mushroom as well. I placed my deposit in Oct 2022. I haven't gotten any correspondence at all from Gentry. I found out on here awhile back that they were having test drives and so I called them up asking if I'd make the cut..but.i was around 160th..lol.. I called a 2nd time about 3months ago and they said they're expecting a demo in spring. I haven't got any invites yet and am not holding my breath. I would just like to see it in person. I told them I don't even need to test drive yet.. I'm patient.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't see how this is possible since the V1 of First Edition has not yet started production for the NA markets.