Canadian Allocations

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great news? Bunch of bull. Him saying that production will start in August of this year for the V2? Did he mention that the original ones (the V1) will most likely not be delivered until next year?
Well, I probably would prefer the car in the spring instead of Dec of 2023.... @Carbuilder you have a V1 F/E right? Where you able to change your configuration to the new colours?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm treated like a mushroom as well. I placed my deposit in Oct 2022. I haven't gotten any correspondence at all from Gentry. I found out on here awhile back that they were having test drives and so I called them up asking if I'd make the cut..but.i was around 160th..lol.. I called a 2nd time about 3months ago and they said they're expecting a demo in spring. I haven't got any invites yet and am not holding my breath. I would just like to see it in person. I told them I don't even need to test drive yet.. I'm patient.
Honestly with them receiving between 15-25 allocations per year I have no idea how at 160th in line they plan to fulfill the orders. Lotus Vancouver is over 200 deposits. It would take 5+years to to fulfill that order bank. Doesn't make any sense if max production at the factory remains around 5K/6K per year. Even if North America is alotted 50% of factory output (2,500 allocations) with currently 43 dealers that would be 58 allocations per dealer per year. Clearly certain dealers will receive much higher amounts reducing further for others. I also highly doubt that North America will receive 50% of factory output. Probably closer to 30%. I fear that many people with deposits in late 2022/23 will be in for at least a 3 year wait in Canada. The numbers don't add up any other way unless dealers are over stating deposits.

This is mostly due to Lotus launching the car in 2021 and not really getting production going until 2023. They lost a full year of production essentially and on top of that kept adding deposits as more reviews came out. So far North American reviews of the Emira have been extremely positive. Even if some believe the Cayman GTS 4.0 is superior, it is so close that they have pretty much become a matter of preference. Add to the fact that you can pretty much not get a GTS 4.0 allocation anymore, the GT4/Spyder is out of production and GT4RS/SpyderRS is unobtainable and 100K more. Yes, many people probably have cancelled and if Lotus raises the price of the Emira any higher than it's current price point (120K CAD) I can see many more people dropping out or picking up a pre-owned P-Car or R8 etc. Not everyone will follow through on their order, but new people will continue to place deposits.

Last point to this, Lotus will most likely push production on the Emira longer than expected. Originally 2028 was going to be the end, I think it will go till 2030 with new variants being added after the base run in 2026+.

Only thing that is for certain is that in 2024 Canada will only receive between 90-120 Emira's for all 5 dealers. Tiny amount of cars.

Eddmac

Reaction score
Honestly with them receiving between 15-25 allocations per year I have no idea how at 160th in line they plan to fulfill the orders. Lotus Vancouver is over 200 deposits. It would take 5+years to to fulfill that order bank. Doesn't make any sense if max production at the factory remains around 5K/6K per year. Even if North America is alotted 50% of factory output (2,500 allocations) with currently 43 dealers that would be 58 allocations per dealer per year. Clearly certain dealers will receive much higher amounts reducing further for others. I also highly doubt that North America will receive 50% of factory output. Probably closer to 30%. I fear that many people with deposits in late 2022/23 will be in for at least a 3 year wait in Canada. The numbers don't add up any other way unless dealers are over stating deposits.

This is mostly due to Lotus launching the car in 2021 and not really getting production going until 2023. They lost a full year of production essentially and on top of that kept adding deposits as more reviews came out. So far North American reviews of the Emira have been extremely positive. Even if some believe the Cayman GTS 4.0 is superior, it is so close that they have pretty much become a matter of preference. Add to the fact that you can pretty much not get a GTS 4.0 allocation anymore, the GT4/Spyder is out of production and GT4RS/SpyderRS is unobtainable and 100K more. Yes, many people probably have cancelled and if Lotus raises the price of the Emira any higher than it's current price point (120K CAD) I can see many more people dropping out or picking up a pre-owned P-Car or R8 etc. Not everyone will follow through on their order, but new people will continue to place deposits.

Last point to this, Lotus will most likely push production on the Emira longer than expected. Originally 2028 was going to be the end, I think it will go till 2030 with new variants being added after the base run in 2026+.

Only thing that is for certain is that in 2024 Canada will only receive between 90-120 Emira's for all 5 dealers. Tiny amount of cars.
Seriously hope that you are wrong. Arthur out of Vancouver Lotus did tell me when I placed my deposit that I wouldn't likely see my car until the start of 2025, but if what you say is true, I won't likely see it until 2028 LOL

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seriously hope that you are wrong. Arthur out of Vancouver Lotus did tell me when I placed my deposit that I wouldn't likely see my car until the start of 2025, but if what you say is true, I won't likely see it until 2028 LOL
Me too! Also note that Canada receives 10% of N/A allocations. So I suspect around 200-250(max) for the 2025 model year Emira.(Base after F/E 1.0-2.0) So between 40-50 per dealer if distributed equally. I can not see how we would receive more than this at the current production levels, and this is best case scenerio. If the factory can increase output to 7K per year then we could see the allocations grow by another 100+ in Canada. It is the only way I can see them clearing the backlog by model year 2026. Assuming the deposit numbers being told are correct of course and people stop placing deposits on the Emira.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I can only imagine the resale of these vehicles...

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
When did you place your deposit?

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I was told I'd get my car next year 2024. No specific date. Who knows. Maybe they'll add a 3rd shift. I don't think legally or environmentally they can push production past 2028 ,from what I read.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was told I'd get my car next year 2024. No specific date. Who knows. Maybe they'll add a 3rd shift. I don't think legally or environmentally they can push production past 2028 ,from what I read.
Perhaps for Europe, but I think in North America they will be able too... Also they will hopefully sell enough EV Eletre that they get the EV credits to continue building. Same way Porsche is going EV for most other cars except 911, to be able to keep that model ICE they need to sell x amount of EV as a company.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Earlier this year - I didn't find out about the car until very late. I'm not expecting to get my car until 2025.
I would be very surprised if you got a car by 2025, but for your sake I hope I am wrong! I just don't see how Vancouver will get 150+ cars by then.

Eddmac

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if you got a car by 2025, but for your sake I hope I am wrong! I just don't see how Vancouver will get 150+ cars by then.
So, I just had my test drive today and talked about allocations with the Lotus Sales Rep.
He told me that his allocation was approx 77 FE 1.0 cars and then about the same FE 2.0 cars. He expects to start getting deliveries this Fall. Therefore the 2 years, give or take seems to be about bang-on.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So, I just had my test drive today and talked about allocations with the Lotus Sales Rep.
He told me that his allocation was approx 77 FE 1.0 cars and then about the same FE 2.0 cars. He expects to start getting deliveries this Fall. Therefore the 2 years, give or take seems to be about bang-on.
Wow, thanks for the info. That's a substantial allocation for Vancouver. Would ~75 vehicles not account for almost half the total Canadian allocations per year?

Eddmac

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the info. That's a substantial allocation for Vancouver. Would ~75 vehicles not account for almost half the total Canadian allocations per year?
Canadian dealer allocations are based on % of total deposits placed and he says he has the highest deposits placed in Canada. Of course he could be bullshitting, but he passed my BS detector. He also told me that he has received another 20 deposits in the past week, likely after the Chris Harris review was (re?) posted on TopGear.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Canadian dealer allocations are based on % of total deposits placed and he says he has the highest deposits placed in Canada. Of course he could be bullshitting, but he passed my BS detector. He also told me that he has received another 20 deposits in the past week, likely after the Chris Harris review was (re?) posted on TopGear.
Sounds like Lotus Vancouver is on top of things. I have little doubt Vancouver has the most deposits, given the weather and its reputation for being the supercar capital of the country (continent?).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One caveat to this....

North America only Received 700 V1 F/E - Confirmed by Gator and many other sources. You are saying that Lotus Vancouver Received over 10% of the total North American allocations? 10% is what all the Canadian dealers received as a whole.

To go one further - the V2 F/E is 600 allocations for all of North America and he expects another 77 cars?

So Lotus Vancouver alone is going to receive - 154/1300 available allocations? Out of 50 N/A dealers?

There is a zero percent chance of this. There are dealers in the US that have far far more deposits than anyone in Canada. Sorry but I don't think Lotus Vancouver was being truthful this time.

They are probably getting closer to 30-35 Emira's total for V1&V2 F/E. Not 154. But what do I know, maybe Vancouver is bigger than Naples Florida dealer.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Considering that Naples Florida got close to 100 FE allocations. But Florida sucks. I lived there for decades. Saw and drove a Lotus for the first time there (1990 Esprit), Went to UF, met a girl there, got married, still sucks.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think people may be underestimating the luxury car market in Vancouver somewhat. Still, I think that Lotus Vancouver may not be getting as many cars as they have suggested.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
And in case anyone missed it on the Vancouver test drive thread, I’ll repeat this here…as per the rep, Vancouver Lotus will stop taking deposits as of summer 2024. Perhaps sooner if more depositors pile in. There will be a cut off date because of the current backlog and long wait list of depositors. If memory serves me right, the end production date was mentioned (2028?), but I could be wrong on this. But if this is true, then it makes sense. No point taking deposits if you can’t guarantee order placement.