Canadian Allocations

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not to worry. I'm definitely frustrated with the lack of solid info too. I think we can say reliably that the info we're getting from Lotus Vancouver in terms of numbers is bogus.

The best info I've found is that nearly 1 out of every 4 supercars in Canada , and 1 out of every 3 classic cars (pre-1980 insured by Hagerty) are located in Vancouver. Metro Vancouver's population of about 2.6 million means that that roughly 1 out of every 14 Canadians live there. That's 3-4x more luxury vehicles than you would expect for its population, meaning it has about the same number of them as an average city of 7.5-10 million residents. Its per capita rate notwithstanding, that's a very significant volume. Certainly not "barely a fraction" of Toronto, which, incidentally, has a metro population right around the low end of that figure (6.3 million).

I chalk it up to a mixture of the weather and the city's high desirability amongst wealthy foreigners.

Glad you enjoyed the drive up today though. What did you think of Nimbus in person?
I hope you guys get as many allocations as you're hoping for. The area clearly has the market for it, so hopefully Hethel gets its act together ASAP to fulfill most or all reservations in the major metro areas in North America before it's too late. My guess is as good as anyone's at this point.

I loved Nimbus. Wasn't a fan of the bright red leather of the demo car personally. I'll likely go with Harry Metcalfe's spec of Nimbus + Tan, yellow calipers, no black pack and silver wheels. Super classy yet sporty and timeless. There were loads of Porsche folks there asking the Lotus rep questions about the car and looked impressed.

Eddmac

Reaction score
One thing to bear in mind that doesn't seem to have been mentioned. Lots of Chinese Billionaires reside/vacation/have kids in Vancouver and Geely is a Chinese company after all.......

LOL

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has any Canadian dealer notified anyone about V2 F/E? Currently I have not heard of a dealer officially confirming new allocations

D4speed

Reaction score
Has any Canadian dealer notified anyone about V2 F/E? Currently I have not heard of a dealer officially confirming new allocations
I heard order placement will open in august again. Not sure if that is f/e 2.0 or i4.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I heard order placement will open in august again. Not sure if that is f/e 2.0 or i4.
You deposited in Aug 2021 and still didn’t make the original F/E cut? At least they could tell you if made the V2 cut?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
July 8, 2021 here - apparently won’t get V2. 😡

Having also put a deposit on Eletre pre-announcement.

Ready to cancel and dump all my shares of GEELY. Just unbelievable incompetence.
What does Lotus (UK) customer service say?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I deposited July 12th, 2021… I’m still waiting to hear something.

Ready to cancel and dump all my shares of GEELY. Just unbelievable incompetence.
You’re both past 2 year old deposits and don’t even have an idea when to place an order? At this point, this is not Lotus’ fault, but the dealers or perhaps Lotus USA/CAN is having some internal disputes regarding allocations. Who knows, but at least American dealers seem to be ahead of us

Edit: my feeling we are seeing the two GTA dealers placing whoever they want ahead of others. Sad.

D4speed

Reaction score
You deposited in Aug 2021 and still didn’t make the original F/E cut? At least they could tell you if made the V2 cut?
Yes no clue where I sit in the line. Bought a cayman s in the meantime as was silly waiting forever for my first true fun car. It helps ease the wait and unknown if I will ever get the car. It’s a shame us with two year deposits have no idea when we will even get to order.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Yes no clue where I sit in the line. Bought a cayman s in the meantime as was silly waiting forever for my first true fun car. It helps ease the wait and unknown if I will ever get the car. It’s a shame us with two year deposits have no idea when we will even get to order.
Agreed, sad state.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

did Gentry at least confirm to you that Canada will receive a few V6 F/E 2.0?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
did Gentry at least confirm to you that Canada will receive a few V6 F/E 2.0?
Did not confirm anything related to F/E 2.0 and said with F/E 1.0 they gave everyone some time to put in their order, reiterated they expect 5 cars a month once they start getting deliveries.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Oakville replied to me this morning and said the following :
We are starting to call guys back in August to finalize the built for their car which means that they will be 6 months away from car going to production.

I asked if I would be called in August.

They only said I was getting close .

Time will tell I suppose

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We are starting to call guys back in August to finalize the built for their car which means that they will be 6 months away from car going to production.

Time will tell I suppose
There are two takeaways from this:
- the Dealer knows their allocation
- they know your place in line
At least he didn't say 'soon.'

D4speed

Reaction score

Time will tell I suppose
If you are “getting close” with an early july 2021 deposit I likely will not be in this next batch with a late Aug 2021 deposit. At least it gives me an idea of where I am. Hope you get in the august orders.