Canadian Allocations

themeatbaron

Reaction score
If you are “getting close” with an early july 2021 deposit I likely will not be in this next batch with a late Aug 2021 deposit. At least it gives me an idea of where I am. Hope you get in the august orders.
I can hope, but that’s all it pretty much is. I’ll keep you posted on here if anything happens.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A new month, another month of crickets …
The lack of communication from our dealers is getting ridiculous. Especially when you read that the US dealers are already taking orders on the FE2.0 cars.

On a (somewhat) positive note... they have been consistent! lol

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I do wonder if this has more to do with Lotus USA screwing the Canadian market than our dealers lack of communication. All other manufacturers have a Canadian HQ that looks out for the best interest of Canadian dealers. Lotus does not. I do wonder if this is at play, I can not fathom any other reason as to why Canadian dealers are so far behind the American counterparts. I am sure they are not happy either. Also, the US website has pricing for the i4 F/E, Canadian site does not.... it's a telling sign of what is going on here.

Has any Canadian been confirmed of a V2 F/E allocation? or did they all go to US dealers?

I am almost positive Canada will be the last served market (that has Lotus dealers/stores) worldwide at this point, and our 5 dealers in the country must be fuming of being placed at the bottom.

Last edited:

themeatbaron

Reaction score
I do wonder if this has more to do with Lotus USA screwing the Canadian market than our dealers lack of communication. All other manufacturers have a Canadian HQ that looks out for the best interest of Canadian dealers. Lotus does not. I do wonder if this is at play, I can not fathom any other reason as to why Canadian dealers are so far behind the American counterparts. I am sure they are not happy either. Also, the US website has pricing for the i4 F/E, Canadian site does not.... it's a telling sign of what is going on here.

Has any Canadian been confirmed of a V2 F/E allocation? or did they all go to US dealers?

I am almost positive Canada will be the last served market (that has Lotus dealers/stores) worldwide at this point, and our 5 dealers in the country must be fuming of being placed at the bottom.
You could be very right. Then just don’t even bother trying to sell in Canada.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Is there a certification process for Canada as well? Are there any regulatory websites where you can check the status of a car's cert processing?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is there a certification process for Canada as well? Are there any regulatory websites where you can check the status of a car's cert processing?
I know Canada does have its own certification, but I am almost certain it is exactly the same as USA. So many cars cross over that border and are built on either side it would be a disaster to have it any other way. Would be interesting to see if Emira is on there tho.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Honeslty, how can a company advertise the incorrect pricing on their website. If it is correct, Canada seems to be getting a decent price on the i4's. Who knows with Lotus?

themeatbaron

Reaction score
You are revealing some personal info there with that screen shot....
Thanks for the catch , updated photo

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 60

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just so you know - I asked the Lotus chat function whether Canadians will receive FE2.0 and the following is their response...

tempsnip.png

This should help clarify whether Canada is getting additional FE's. When... is another story!